Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

Oh? It was the JP version, so I didn't think it had the English voices as well. It only showed one voice on the "system voice" slider. I'll have to look at that later, thanks.

Oh? It was the JP version, so I didn't think it had the English voices as well. It only showed one voice on the "system voice" slider. I'll have to look at that later, thanks.

JP version has English voices, just set it in sound and language settings the same way you would set character voices.

DLC Error Heads up guys: if you buy I-No's system voice you're getting Faust's by mistake... I think they swapped the files by accident.

DLC Error Heads up guys: if you buy I-No's system voice you're getting Faust's by mistake... I think they swapped the files by accident.

You thought you would hear I-No, but it was me Di-waitwrongcharacter

Sol may indeed remain a mystery...Venom too actually. Coincidentally, they're all around the two least popular english voices.

I'm guessing that voice actors do go on the internet and aren't too excited to announce they voiced X character after seeing the backlash...

Okay. This is probably the definitive, right here. A playlist of all the announcers from the character select screen. No versus quotes, but you know. Be sure to thank the uploader.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi6OQpZ0JJj9WEuNMprgyyA-FXL3y1GP9

Edit: And also this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SE4wFyQ-Qw

On a vacation...

With my corrupt congressman...

Happily bankrupt...

(Are these tears...?)

Playing through Zato's Arcade Mode in English. Eddie's dialogue is done by a different VA: Derek Stephen Prince.

I had just decided to play Zato's arcade mode. A bit of a shame, having known this. At most, I was expecting Paul St. Peter.

Preferably just Venom and maybe Potemkin (not hammy enough). Ram's voice was simply poorly handled, and that gets really annoying in the Story Mode. And despite my likeness with May's ENG voice, all I kept thinking about when I hear her in that Story Mode was "PICK A TONE A STICK WITH IT!"

Preferably just Venom and maybe Potemkin (not hammy enough). 

I think Pot's voice is okay but lack of ham isn't the problem. He just needs some filter.

I kinda wish Sol's dub used his "Frederick" voice. It sounds way better.

The only one who needs to be changed Is Venom and Ram otherwise this dub cast is fantastic. I love every voice and better directing will only make them better. 

I like Ram. I just figure the monotone was her thing. Venom is just totally odd.

I think Pot's voice is okay but lack of ham isn't the problem. He just needs some filter.

It is odd he's lacking the filter.

Just so I'm not crazy, Aria and Elphet are both voiced by Cassandra Lee right?

El definitely is.

Aria i can't tell, but wouldn't be surprised. 

Doing Slayer's Arcade Mode. Sharon sounds like Marisha Ray, the new voice actress for Margaret in Ultimax.

Also, rehearing Libraria, sounds more like Valerie Arem than Tara Platt.

Actually, you're right. It not Potemkin's problem. It's Leo's. Jamieson's performance with him, at least at times where he should be hammy, isn't very...Jamieson, know what I mean?

I just booted up GGX2 for teh lulz. While Junichi Suwabe and Ogie Banks sound really different, Ogie Banks is a lot closer to the tone of Mikio Yaeda. People can still think what they want about Venom's English voice. I just thought it was interesting.

Also, it's really weird now seeing blood squirt out when you smack people with the pool stick...

EDIT: Venom's VA has finally been found out. It's Ogie Banks, the voice of Darui and Omoi in Naruto Shippuden.

Lolwat? There were people complaining about how Venom sounds like a white guy trying to sound black... then it turns out that Venom is voiced by an actual black guy.

Lolwat? There were people complaining about how Venom sounds like a white guy trying to sound black... then it turns out that Venom is voiced by an actual black guy.

I had my belief that it was actually a black VA, now I remember why. If nothing else, I can praise Valerie for accuracy, if Venom's really Black, that is.

Reality is unrealistic.

lol. Didn't that happen with the Tomb Raider reboot? "Oh, my god, Lara's accent is so fake!!" *voiced by British woman*

No one knows what anything is supposed to sound like anymore.

What "sounds black" anyway?  That's pretty fucking insensitive to say.

Anyway Venom actually sounds REALLY good in story, just abysmal in gameplay.  IDK how that works.