Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

He does a damn good job as Chipp. Actually makes me want to play the character just to hear that extremely hammy "ALPHA BLLLLLLAAAAAAADE!" and "Ah-ah-ah!" when you do a Roman Cancel.

From a commenter on Behindthevoiceactors

yeah, I happened to stop by his panel by chance and he went over his line of work. He mentioned Chipp first, and how his work there landed him an agent because he had impressed Valerie Arem. 

He also mentioned that he trolled Kira Buckland (a Guilty Gear fan) by pretending he auditioned for the role of Chipp by mimicking the voice from the old Guilty Gear X promo video, which is notoriously known for having a poor dub.

Seeing how he impressed Valerie Arem, I get a feeling he might land a role in Persona 5

He does a damn good job as Chipp. Actually makes me want to play the character just to hear that extremely hammy "ALPHA BLLLLLLAAAAAAADE!" and "Ah-ah-ah!" when you do a Roman Cancel.

I really think Ed knew how much of a weaboo Chipp is that he took that trait and ran with it. So much ham and cheese in his performance. He's quite alright in my book.

yeah, I happened to stop by his panel by chance and he went over his line of work. He mentioned Chipp first, and how his work there landed him an agent because he had impressed Valerie Arem. 

He also mentioned that he trolled Kira Buckland (a Guilty Gear fan) by pretending he auditioned for the role of Chipp by mimicking the voice from the old Guilty Gear X promo video, which is notoriously known for having a poor dub.

Seeing how he impressed Valerie Arem, I get a feeling he might land a role in Persona 5

Is it wrong I want to find footage of this panel on the chance he did the X promo Voice there?

SO what's this about Stephanie Sheh recording something for Arcsys a few weeks back?

Oh um nothing concrete, but she was at Cup of Tea (the recording studio) around the same time as David Vincent, D.C. Douglas, Richard Epcar and Ellyn Stern. Also, her recording sessions were being watched by Karrie Shirou, who works for Strangely Compelling.

ArcSystemWorksU tweeted about recording of a new game and even retweeted something about Karrie helming some of those recordings.

Nothing confirmed but the dots fit into place.

Haha this gave me agood laugh. Thanks for sharing.

I would be so happy if Hazama's voice actor went back to Erik Davies. Davies had a much better tone with Hazama. Doug Erholtz is a decent actor, but the image of Hazama I've built up from the first two games is still what I refer to when talking about Hazama's cool points. The way the old Hazama talked just applied better to Hazama as a character, going from sarcasm to sincere and back again almost seamlessly. 

Dont even get me started on Bang. 

No one's stopping you.

Nah, its I just still don't want to remember that happened, so I don't talk about it.. 

Sometimes, I pretend I hear his old voice. This new one barely sounds like he is trying. 

Potemkin's English voice in Xrd ranges from deep to light, and a seemingly English accent to a mimic of Tager (same actor?).

It's pretty inconsistent, sadly.

Nah, its I just still don't want to remember that happened, so I don't talk about it.. 

Sometimes, I pretend I hear his old voice. This new one barely sounds like he is trying. 

To me, CP Bang sounds like he has a really bad case of laryngitis, but A FOOLISH INFECTION CAN'T STOP THE HERO OF JUSTICE!

like, he's trying as hard as he can to still be a giant ham but his throat is killing him

seeing it like that is the only way to make the pain go away

To me, CP Bang sounds like he has a really bad case of laryngitis, but A FOOLISH INFECTION CAN'T STOP THE HERO OF JUSTICE!

like, he's trying as hard as he can to still be a giant ham but his throat is killing him

seeing it like that is the only way to make the pain go away

This is doubly funny because that kind of sounds like Tsuyoshi Koyama during the live concerts. lol

Wrong thread, I assume?

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/03/16/blazblue-alter-memory-cast-announcement/

English dub cast of Alter Memory announced. Everyone has the same voice as currently in the games except for Platinum, Nago and Takamagahara, wow.

Yeah, kinda surprised majority cast is reprising roles, sans a few characters, anyways, the US release is coming 6/30 at an MSRP of $65 (combo pack), though you can get it for less than $50 on Funi's store. Nothing yet on Amz and Rightstuf. Wish it included the stuff from the JP release, but we know that's not gonna happen (like the nendo's and the LE specific volume stuffs that JP got.)

Also, if anyone's noticed, they forgot to add the VA names for :TG: and :TA: , hope they can add that sooner or later.

Ah, actually, turns out Nago is voiced by the same as in games. Ugh, should've checked. Ezra Weisz and Ethan Murray are the same person.

Actually, it looks like everyone in this dub except for Alexis Tipton is based in LA. Geoffrey Chalmers for instance is an alias of Michael McConnohie (Dr. Paradigm in Guilty Gear series)

Yeah, kinda surprised majority cast is reprising roles, sans a few characters, anyways, the US release is coming 6/30 at an MSRP of $65 (combo pack), though you can get it for less than $50 on Funi's store. Nothing yet on Amz and Rightstuf. Wish it included the stuff from the JP release, but we know that's not gonna happen (like the nendo's and the LE specific volume stuffs that JP got.)

Funi does outsource some of their work, they've been doing it a lot recently and enlisting work from LA.

Very happy to hear that 90% of the cast is reprising their roles.

The dub will certainly be of much better quality than the show itself.

EDIT: List updated.