Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

Wanna throw in some random opinion here. I think Fujiwara Keiji isn't the best choice to voice Kagura. I feel like Tatsuhisa Suzuki would be better, he has a similar tone to Fujiwara Keiji but younger

Keiji fits because Kagura is older than most of the cast (Ragna, Jin, and such) and I remember from BlazBlue Radio:

Keiji: "Kagura and me have similar tastes.  Booze and Women."

when I meant old, I mean really old. Like Valkenhayn old. Err, maybe not. Valk's probably too old so maybe Jubei old. Anyway, Fujiwara Keiji's voice comes off that way to me

Also, Kagura is probably just 3-5 years older than Jin. So he's not that old imo. I dunno, as I said it's just my opinion

Kagura was already a lord by the time Jin was still in the academy, pressure he's a couple more years older.

In any case, what do you mean by "too old"? How old do you think Kagura is supposed to be?

Too old = grandpa old, I guess.

ok, 3-5 years older than Jin may be a wrong estimate. Kagura may be little bit older than that. The right guess might be him being a bit younger than Relius. So around 30 or so.

And if we're going by the seiyuu's ages, Fujiwara Keiji is in his mid 40's while Suzuki Tatsuhisa is in his 30's which is probably around Kagura's age. So I thought having a younger seiyuu with a very similar tone might have sounded better

I'm not saying Fujiwara Keiji did a bad job, in fact he did great. I just think it might have suited Kagura better if he had a younger voice actor

I always thought Kagura was around Bang's age or maybe slightly younger. That being said, arguing that age should matter when casting voice actors is like saying that gender should matter.

Sugita does not make Ragna sound his supposed age at all lol

I'd Kagura is a only a few years younger than Bang, so probably in his mid-late thirties.

Not sure many people noticed but, a huge chunk of the English cast of BlazBlue and GGXrd do voice work for Dragon's Crown, so it's the same company I think.

Its also why Hazama and Bang have new VA's.

At least this time it actually IS Doug Erholtz instead of someone else credited under his name. That was such a weird ass situation.

Bang's actor change was so bad that, if it were any other character, it probably would've ruined them. Good thing Bang's too manly to be ruined by a bad voice.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

At least this time it actually IS Doug Erholtz instead of someone else credited under his name. That was such a weird ass situation.

For a while people weren't even sure who was the voice of Makoto was until one day someone decided to ask Cindy Robinson directly on Facebook.

For a while people weren't even sure who was the voice of Makoto was until one day someone decided to ask Cindy Robinson directly on Facebook.

I really hate their (really Japanese companies' in general) system of not properly crediting English actors sometimes. It's frustrating for the fans and I'm betting the actors as well, not getting the credit they deserve. Especially a cast as good as this one.

Somewhat relevant, but remember that we still don't know who Naoto Shirogane's original English voice actress is to this day (at least to my knowledge). :toot:

Somewhat relevant, but remember that we still don't know who Naoto Shirogane's original English voice actress is to this day (at least to my knowledge). :toot:

I've never understood why she didn't want any credit whatsoever. She did an absolutely fantastic job.

Maybe they saw the darker side of Naoto's fanbase and wanted nothing to do with that...

Crediting the actors actually costs extra and even then, some VAs will still refuse to be credited due to union issues. They may still acknowledge having played the role regardless of lack of credit in game; Laura Bailey still acknowledges her roles as Pyrrha in SCV and Lucina in FE:Awakening in spite of not even being credited in either of those games while numerous other VAs were (she is credited for Lucina in Smash 4).