Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

5 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

People would be pissed if they had to pay extra for a dub of all things.

The FFXIII Lightning Returns JP Audio Dub DLC was welcomed well enough by Final Fantasy fans, I don't think it'll matter, as the ones who want it will be the ones who pay for it, and be happy to do so.

And considering the recent trend of 'free DLC the first week' they've been using, I don't think it's a bad deal.

7 hours ago, werewolfgold said:

I wonder if it were made a paid DLC download, would people be accepting of it or would it only make things worse...?

I'd be a little pissed that I had to pay extra for something in Blazblue that had always been there from the start. However, if I knew it was like...supporting the VAs in the game, then I'd get it because I like their work and all that.

18 hours ago, Blade said:

The FFXIII Lightning Returns JP Audio Dub DLC was welcomed well enough by Final Fantasy fans, I don't think it'll matter, as the ones who want it will be the ones who pay for it, and be happy to do so.

And considering the recent trend of 'free DLC the first week' they've been using, I don't think it's a bad deal.

Giving English speaking players the option to buy Japanese dubbed audio for a game, and holding their native language dub hostage behind a paywall are two very, very different things.

People might pay for it, but I promise you they wont do it happily. That's not even going into how pathetically unprofessional and greedy an act like that would look.

If its included as free day 1 dlc then thats obviously another story, but if it doesnt launch with the game, or release as day 1 dlc not only will that create a negative impression but it basically confirms there will be no dub.

On 7/27/2016 at 10:09 PM, werewolfgold said:

I got an e-mail back from support saying that they can't answer on the details of why English voices were not included. But, they will be sure to bring up to the appropriate staff in future meetings how much English voices are wanted.

So...meh.

At least you got a response from them. Engilsh Arc System Works hasn't replied at all to the email I sent them a couple of days ago. I was polite as possible on asking as a fan of the series to at least get some response for them about the dub. They really are acting like ignoring people is actually a good response.

It will be definitely be free DLC, that way people who don't care about the dub can play it, and people who do care will get it when it is ready. It could get even better because since we have Arc's attention on the English dub, they may consider releasing it in the US later in Spring or Summer 2017 to have enough time to do the audio. I am sure they will not repeat the mistake they made with Revelator because they will realize that having no dub will cause a big backlash in their sales, fans and voice actors.

P.S. If we keep being supportive and insistent on them keeping the dub, they will consider doing it.

Even if the dub is coming later, it's a shame because it means not going through the story until then, even if the ending is right in my hands. 

It would also mean avoiding spoilers for several months, we already got it bad with Persona 5.

Yeah, it would kind of be bad having to wait, but it'd be better than nothing.

And strangely, with Persona 5, the only thing I've been trying to find out about are if we know any of the English VAs/potential English VAs for that yet.

12 hours ago, JRH said:

It will be definitely be free DLC, that way people who don't care about the dub can play it, and people who do care will get it when it is ready. It could get even better because since we have Arc's attention on the English dub, they may consider releasing it in the US later in Spring or Summer 2017 to have enough time to do the audio. I am sure they will not repeat the mistake they made with Revelator because they will realize that having no dub will cause a big backlash in their sales, fans and voice actors.

P.S. If we keep being supportive and insistent on them keeping the dub, they will consider doing it.

It's optimistic to look at it that way, but keep in mind that money to pay the VAs has to come from somewhere, whether that's Xrd Revelator DLC, or Steam titles, it is going to cost them.  And the timing for recording it would have to be post release if it is that close to release day.

Was just at a Cristina Vee panel yesterday. Apparently, she hasn't been called back for CF.

Also, got her to say one of Nu's lines towards Ragna...it was awesome.

Guys be more patient,
People are blowing out of proportion Patrick Seitz's tweet about him not knowing or being contacted about working for Central Fiction despite the game being just a few months away from the planned release date.
That can be seen as an indicator that a dub indeed might happen, but it also could mean the dub will be a rush job or the localization might get delayed. Continuum Shift Extend was a case of rushed dub work, it was done in two months. So keep sending them pleas and emails about how much you like it so that they change their minds. You could even email the head of Arcs System Works if you must.

P.S. It may come out as free DLC so you don't have to pay for it.

Yeah, but wasn't CSX's dub stuff done in a way that they had some different VAs doing some of the lines? Like, I remember another VA that wasn't Cristina Vee did some of the newer Noel/Mu/Nu lines for that.

That was only in the stuff they added for the PSP port of CS2. That was in the middle of their transition from Aksys/Bang Zoom to Strangely Compelling/Cup of Tea. As such, a few of the VAs weren't available and had to be temporarily filled in. The Arcade Mode stuff was handled by Aksys/Bang Zoom, while the Story Mode content was handled by Strangely Compelling/Cup of Tea.

Well, they SAID they'd discuss it in Staff Meetings with the right people, so I'm holding them to that, at the very least.

Adding extra polish to the game is their job, and is vital to the sales they'll ultimately get, so unless Japanese is your native tongue and you could care less, they can't really afford NOT to listen to requests for a Dub.

Footing the bill for it though, is another matter entirely.  Voice actors can be expensive.

Currently hoping that placeholder date for the EU version doesn't turn out to be real or also end up being for the US version, because that also points to the game not getting a dub.

Guys, Pqubes said on their Twitter account that it is not the official release date so I think we can relax a little bit.

Finally some kind of official statement regarding the dub:

It sadly was expectable with so many characters and a 40+ hour Visual Novel style story. Hope dies last, though it's already on a drip-feed...

Yeah, I just saw that too.  Fairly disappointed, but I'm happy that somebody actually sorta said something before the release date.

I'm not sure if this is incompetence on Aksys' part, or if "incompetence" is even the right word here, but either way I'm very disappointed in this news.

It's not incompetence since Aksys no longer has localization rights. Only publishing. This is entirely Strangely Compelling AKA Arcsys' US branch.

Such a goddamn shame that the last hurrah for the English cast had to be a shitty anime adaptation that they managed to make tolerable.

They may decide to do a dub in the Extend version which gives them more time to get things organized. Just keep mailing and pestering Arc System Works about it and they may eventually give in.

P.S. BBCFEX appears inevitable because this is the same thing that happened with BBCP's Library.

I'm pretty sure the only DLC they're interested in releasing are colors and system voices. And even with that income it still may not be enough to be able to afford a dub.

If we're extremely lucky, they'll dub the inevitable Extend version.

Well...this bit of news is a bitter pill to take. I mean, I had my worries when both Patrick Seitz and Christina Vee stated they weren't called in yet, but to hear it straight from the horse's mouth is difficult to accept. I'm with Vulcan on this; Central Fiction is the end entry for Ragna's story. A grand finale of sorts. Up until now we've always had dual audio and for me personally, Ragna just isn't the same without Patrick Seitz's take around for me to listen to. Not having English VAs around this time would just feel "incomplete" for me.

40 minutes ago, Vulcan422 said:

I'm pretty sure the only DLC they're interested in releasing are colors and system voices. And even with that income it still may not be enough to be able to afford a dub.

If we're extremely lucky, they'll dub the inevitable Extend version.

You are right, so lets spread the word about getting the Extend version dubbed and try to help Aksys and Arcs afford it. We can't give up because this version won't have it.

I had my fingers crossed, and the results were not pleasing...

It's just not gonna be the same... But you know, I'm at least happy that it came from the people themselves, so I'm just gonna take this with a grain of salt.

Just why is my question...

I'll be back.