Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

Yeah, I see the points on it and so on, but hey, before I go nuts, that BB:RR mobile game isn't dubbed either, it too always uses JP voices as well. So, there's also something else to pick on.

But either way, shit happens, and if in a perfect world, it would have had the time to be dubbed as well. >.> (Even concerning all the hurdles going through it.)

I had already pre-ordered Revelator before it broke that there was no English voices. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Now that they're doing the same thing with BB after all this time, I kind of want some details before I jump in again. It's really not a dealbreaker as I know I'd still have fun playing the game (and BB's plot is starting to annoy me anyway), but it's not behavior I want to condone with money unless there's a really good reason for why it's happening suddenly. Especially since this is the "grand finale" of sorts.

FUCK!

Looks like we got our answer. Figured it was a possibility. Not sure why it takes that long but they did it for CP.

The second part hurts the most though, now all hope is dashed.

7 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

FUCK!

Looks like we got our answer. Figured it was a possibility. Not sure why it takes that long but they did it for CP.

I see that Aksys has given  an explanation about it even though Arc System Works should be the one's doing the speaking. Personally I'm still getting it Used but, I won't knock those who get it New after looking at the explanation for it. Whatever made Arc System Works have bad scheduling when it comes down to localization after switching to Strangelly Compelling killed whatever chance the dub had in the end. I already expected as the more the series advanced and become big that the slow localization pace would eventually killed the dub and it did with the finale of the series. It's good on Aksys end to be open about so I don't have any hard feelings towards them. Arc System Works though I'm done with them completely after this.

15 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

FUCK!

Wait, what? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but wait, what does this mean?

Tl;Dr, there's only 1 release slated for US Blazblue Central Fiction; the no-dub November 2016 release.  Aksys Games is/in not aware of any plans to offer a dubbed version, dlc or otherwise, at any point in the future.

4 minutes ago, Cocomonk said:

Tl;Dr, there's only 1 release slated for US Blazblue Central Fiction; the no-dub November 2016 release.  Aksys Games is/in not aware of any plans to offer a dubbed version, dlc or otherwise, at any point in the future.

Thanks... Um, please excuse me while I go draw something to express my feelings on this...

Uh, see ya later when I do it...

Man, I dunno what to say now. First their youtube business practices and now they don't wanna do a dub? To hell with ASW, man! Feels like a big "Hyotenjin" to the nuts. Unless Jubei and/or the original Trinity will make it to the game as DLC, Arcs ain't getting my money until the game is used, and I mean $19-29.99 used!

And after that, I'm done buying their stuff! Guess my only hope regarding the fighting games are SNK and Netherrealms. ASW, along with Capcom, they done fucked it up now!

Save us, Tekken 7.

When CF is dead in a few months I hope they'll understand why; Extend anticipation. 

And if they still refuse to dub Extend then well it's been real, let me know when it gets down to $15.

We live in a time where there's more ways to play a game than just buying it new, time we start using them.

@aksysgames Basically boiled down to- game now w/ no dub. Game 6-8 months later w/ dub. We made a tough decision, but stick by it.

Oh, so they made the conscious decision to remove it because they got pressed for time and wanted to meet some speedy deadline release?

Bull. Fucking. Shit. Remind me again how long it took vanilla CP to get localized? Oh that's right, it was 6 months back then too which also resulted in the Library mode being cut. The last thing anyone over at Arc System Works or Aksys gives a flying dog turd about is getting the game out so that non-JPN/importer players have a localized version to play sooner. If I could wait 6+ months for vanilla CP, full of translation errors and lack of Library mode (hello Tutorial claiming Amane's Drive absorbs opponent's health instead of causing chip damage) and be expected to pay premium then I'd have gladly done the same for CF if it meant having the dub available. "Made a tough decision" my ass.

Bet you anything that even IF they get the game out in November (because delays can happen; just ask FFXV) it'll still be loaded with tons of grammatical and translation errors. Xrd SIGN and Revelator are proof enough of that. Because apparently proofreading and spell check are entirely alien concepts over at Strangely Compelling or whoever is in charge. Oh but you want that shiny LE don't ya? Well pay up $100+ even though it no longer has your preferred audio available.

Ugh, this whole situation has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm just gonna go and pound away a couple lagers until it goes away.

This was purely a greed decision. They didn't want to risk any money loss from importers even though most people realize that they'll likely double dip. Plus it gives them less work to do and more money in their pocket from not hiring the VAs again.

Plus, I noticed that LE poster said "Holiday 2016". Of course. They want to have it ready to compete with FFXV and every other freaking game that releases in November as part of the holiday rush. As if anyone's gonna be buying BlazBlue who wasn't going to already.

This is gonna sell terribly and they'll have no one but themselves to blame for it. Maybe then ASW can step in and go "wtf guys" and push for a dub/Extend version next year.

Both of those arguments are wrong.

They're doing it because the fanbase who buys their games regardless of re-releases is the competitive scene, which makes up the majority of this site. Never forget what this site is about first and foremost.

For years now people have been complaining about how they can't get ASW games at the same time as the Japanese and are forced to import because they have to dub it and it takes 6 months to do so. Now, their prayers have been answered. The hardcore crowd doesn't give as much of a shit about aesthetics. They just want to play the game ASAP and be on even footing with the other competitors. Plus, this will make things potentially easier to get the game at EVO 2017 and allow for bigger pot bonuses.

Am I happy that I'm not getting a dub? No. But that's not going to stop me from buying this game. I've waited too fucking long for Nine and Izanami to become playable so I'm still pleased with the decision to get the game out early. Fortunately, like Guilty Gear the Japanese cast is really good and comprised of legends. Unlike Guilty Gear, however, the dub was actually on par with the original sub. It's sad to see them not appear for this release, but there's always the possibility of dub DLC or an Extend version where they can reprise their roles.

24 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

This was purely a greed decision. They didn't want to risk any money loss from importers even though most people realize that they'll likely double dip. Plus it gives them less work to do and more money in their pocket from not hiring the VAs again.

Plus, I noticed that LE poster said "Holiday 2016". Of course. They want to have it ready to compete with FFXV and every other freaking game that releases in November as part of the holiday rush. As if anyone's gonna be buying BlazBlue who wasn't going to already.

This is gonna sell terribly and they'll have no one but themselves to blame for it. Maybe then ASW can step in and go "wtf guys" and push for a dub/Extend version next year.

Frankly, you don't know any of this. I understand that people are upset, but I'm done with users posting as though they were in the pertinent offices and meetings watching these decisions be made and know every aspect of their business practices.

Moving forward, this thread is to discuss ASW voice acting, discuss disappointment/apathy/joy at there being no dub in BlazBlue's latest installment, or various things along those lines. But do not embrace your inner business/marketing/forestry degree and spout conspiracy theories or assumptions about what has transpired with no basis other than your own disappointment.

Okay. I get it.

I'll be careful from here on out. 

That being said, the reasons behind this aren't so obscure that you need to be a conspiracy theorist to reach a conclusion. 

1 minute ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Okay. I get it.

I'll be careful from here on out. 

That being said, the reasons behind this aren't so obscure that you need to be a conspiracy theorist to reach a conclusion. 

As someone more interested in the game, I do applaud Aksys for providing us with a faster release. And yes, the lack of a dub upsets me as well because I too have grown attached to the dub cast. 

However, that alone does not excuse everyone's kneejerk reactions to a decision they literally have no idea about. Nobody knows what went on behind the scenes and what led to this decision and its extremely unfair to accuse Aksys or Arcsys of something with literally no evidence to support your claims beyond your own hypothetical theories and disappointment. 

Both companies have brought every game to the United States for seven years when the series is nowhere near as profitable here as it is in Japan and could have easily dropped the series after Calamity Trigger. Its extremely disingenuous to turn on them now simply because they made a few decisions that you didn't like. Its a business and businesses do what they have to do even if its not particularly popular with the consumers.

The only other option at this point is to give all the companies benefit of the doubt, and judging by the adamant response towards their decision, that's not something I think is warranted in the initial reaction towards it. 

I know, business is business and nothing you or me say will change how this plays put. But there are also reasons behind this business decision, and simply going "Well hey man that's not fair you don't know everything" is a bit extreme when I'm simply rationalizing the reason for the lack of a dub based the evidence presented forward in its wake. Jumping to conclusions is only a thing when there's nothing reasonable linking one thing with another.

That being said, I can understand how it could seen as disruptive and I'll stop it. 

7 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Its a business and businesses do what they have to do even if its not particularly popular with the consumers.

That said, as with any and all businesses the decision they have now made is bound to have an impact on the consumers as well and if the general outcry over the "no dub, no buy" crowd is genuine then the sales will indeed be affected. How much so, I cannot say for I am sadly not gifted with visions of the future. Had I known this would have happened, I'd have made sure not to get too attached to the dub cast. But hindsight will help nobody. Neither will bitching on this site. Best that can now be done is decide whether your support of the English cast weighs more than the speedier release window. And if it does, one's time is better spent telling this to Arc System Works and more importantly, withholding your wallet.

A part of me however is happy that the removal of the English dub has made such a splash. It might not be massive, but the fact that there are people who passionately adore it (one look at Patrick Seitz's twitter was enough to bring a small smile to my face) is testament to the quality of the English voice cast and their talent. Who knows? Maybe the planets will align at some point and we will get the dub.

But for now, CF will be without it so I guess all I can say is "Thanks for all the years BB dub cast. Salut (;_;)7".

The problem with all of these attempts to "figure out the reasons behind this" is that we already got one from them. One that I believe because it fits perfectly with the evidence that has come before. Starting from CSEX, BlazBlue has had a history of ...troubled localizations. After CP took 5 months to release, if they say CF would take 6-8 months to dub I believe that it will take them that long, even if it really shouldn't. With CP people complained about the wait for the dub and when they fixed that by removing the dub people complained about that too. It is a catch-22 situation. Both sides have good reason to be upset and in CP they chose to go with the decision me and the people here wanted and this time they simply chose the other option. It's not an evil corporation thing, it's a bad situation (that admittedly seems to stem from their own practices) that will inevitably leave someone upset. Honestly, what bothers me the most is that they did have an out that could have at least been a compromise that caters to everyone a little, that being a re-release/DLC dub. For reasons that I have no way to speculate on, they currently have no plans to do this (although the tweet saying "atm" means that this might be subject to change). I personally would have accepted that and bought the game twice just to show support but sadly that isn't the case. However, that is why I urge everyone here to go to Aksys and Arcsys's websites and message them about this. Politely and calmly express your love of the dub and how you will miss it. Let them know you understand their reasons but most importantly of all, tell them that you would like an eventual dub as a re-release or DLC. Let them know the demand is there. At this point our best hope is to do whatever little bit we can to convince them to go forward with some form of dub release in the future. They are aware of the dub fans already and a re-release/DLC has at least been thought of so we should be trying to work with them to make what we want happen. Assuming they are being genuine ultimately has a better chance of getting results than conspiracy theories of evil corporations that steal our money.

P.S. Chaoschao222 please let me know if this post violates the rules of the thread. I tried to stick to discussing Aksys's official statements specifically and past events but I'm not sure if that falls under "conspiracy theories" by virtue of discussing business reasons at all. I apologize in advance.

The lack of a dub is dealbreaker for me. As someone who's played with the dub since CT, having it removed in the final game leaves a rotten taste in my mouth. Especially when the English voice actors have done a phenomenal job thus far. Worst of all, the aspects of the game that cannot be subbed like battle dialogue will go completely untranslated.  I understand that Arcsys/Aksys made a business decision, but to me removing the dub makes the entire localization effort look shoddy and I will not be supporting them.

As of right now, my only incentive to buy the English copy is to see the end of Ragna's story. The games earlier release date doesn't mean much, when you can just import and get the game a month earlier anyway. So at best, I'll buy the English copy used. Which is the option I would suggest for people unsatisfied with Arcsys's decision

Look, I'm probably going to say this again that I've probably mention this elsewhere, the dub for CF isn't "removed" or anything of the sort, cause it never existed or the VA's never recorded lines for it in the first place, seriously, why do people think something's removed that doesn't exist in the first place. (Yes, I know you guys will mention CT-CP has it, but those are entirely separate matters.) >.>

And yes CC222, I get your point, but you know some users aren't going to abide by it and be rhetorical over it.

And as I've said before, I don't mind if it has it or not, I'll still play any of their ASW titles that I'll enjoy regardless.

I have to wonder how some of these people are going to react if they do release a dub as a later DLC and charge money for it. 

2 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Look, I'm probably going to say this again that I've probably mention this elsewhere, the dub for CF isn't "removed" or anything of the sort, cause it never existed or the VA's never recorded lines for it in the first place, seriously, why do people think something's removed that doesn't exist in the first place. (Yes, I know you guys will mention CT-CP has it, but those are entirely separate matters.) >.>

And yes CC222, I get your point, but you know some users aren't going to abide by it and be rhetorical over it.

And as I've said before, I don't mind if it has it or not, I'll still play any of their ASW titles that I'll enjoy regardless.

People are likely talking about the dub being removed from the series, not the game.

^Oh, that's what you mean, yeah. And now with updated thread title, there it is. And with that...I'm off!

9 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

I have to wonder how some of these people are going to react if they do release a dub as a later DLC and charge money for it. 

Then I'll just wait for the damn game to be cheaper, and then I'll just get that DLC. Plain and fuckin' simple!

People wanna say businesses are entitled to do as they please, well guess what I gotta say to that, customers are entitled criticize and not give 'em a dime now or ever!