Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

29 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

VermillionBird started this. Everyone give should sign this and spread the word.

There is also this. I found it several minutes before VermillionBird started his.

(Edit: Looks like he changed his tumblr link to the petition I linked in this post instead of his own.)

1 hour ago, Zaiaku said:

Out of curiosity, exactly how many signatures do we absolutely need?

As many as possible. This is to raise awareness more than anything.

20 hours ago, Tokkan said:

There is also this. I found it several minutes before VermillionBird started his.

(Edit: Looks like he changed his tumblr link to the petition I linked in this post instead of his own.)

This one has the most sigs already FYI.

Patrick Seitz made a second post in response to the change in the situation and among other things directly linked people to the change.org petition. It's great to see him in much higher spirits than Thursday.

People probably know this already, but apparently Cindy Robinson (Makoto) and Mela Lee (Rachel) have started supporting it and spreading it around too.

David Vincent (Jin/Hakumen), Cristina Vee (Noel/Nu/Lambda/Mu), Julie Ann Taylor (Tsubaki/Izayoi/Kokonoe), Yuri Lowenthal (Amane), Erin Fitzgerald (Bullet) and Amanda Celine Miller (Nine) have all shown support as well. We need to somehow get the whole cast in on this!

D.C. Douglas (Azrael) also cosigned!

I wish Kate Higgins (Izanami) and Grant George (Kagura) were more active on Twitter so we could ask them, other than that we nearly got the entire main cast on deck!

Laura Bailey might seem like an easy co-sign, but would she even be coming back to do Platinum?

3 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Laura Bailey might seem like an easy co-sign, but would she even be coming back to do Platinum?

What about Travis Willingham (Relius) and Philece Sampler (Taokaka)

So far, for those who have supported the petition

* Patrick Seitz (Ragna)

* David Vincent (Jin/Hakumen)

* Cristina Vee (Noel/Nu/Lambda/Mu)

* Mela Lee (Rachel)

* Julie Ann Taylor (Tsubaki/Izayoi/Kokonoe)

* Cindy Robinson (Makoto)

* Erin Fitzgerald (Bullet)

* D.C. Douglas (Azrael)

* Yuri Lowenthal (Amane)

* Amanda Celine Millet (Nine)

VAs who have yet to express support

* Philece Sampler (given that she's union-only and wasn't even credited at all in Alter Memory, unlike Jamieson Price (who goes under as Taylor Henry), she may not reprise. We could have Melissa Fahn take over)

* Steve Kramer (Bang, though I wish they get back Tony Oliver)

* Spike Spencer (Arakune)

* Lauren Landa (Litchi)

* Laura Bailey (Platinum, though given her increasingly busy schedule, I'm not sure if she could reprise. If not, then Alexis Tipton can take over)

* Doug Erholt (Hazama/Terumi)

* Doug Stone (Valkenhayn)

* Travis Willingham (Relius, though given his increasingly busy schedule, I'm not sure if he can reprise. If not then Kaiji Tang or Matthew Mercer can take over)

* Grant George (Kagura)

* Steve Staley (Hibiki)

Good stuff. I've updated the list with more VAs.

Supporting VAs:

** Patrick Seitz (Ragna)

** David Vincent (Jin/Hakumen)

** Cristina Vee (Noel/Nu/Lambda/Mu)

** Mela Lee (Rachel)

** Julie Ann Taylor (Tsubaki/Izayoi/Kokonoe)

** Cindy Robinson (Makoto)

** Erin Fitzgerald (Bullet)

** D.C. Douglas (Azrael)

** Yuri Lowenthal (Amane)

** Amanda Celine Miller (Nine)

** Spike Spencer (Arakune)

VAs who have yet to express support

** Philece Sampler (Taokaka)

* Steve Kramer (Bang)

* Michelle Ruff (Carl)

*Lauren Landa (Litchi)

** Laura Bailey/**Alexis Tipton (Platinum)

* Doug Erholtz (Hazama/Terumi)

* Doug Stone (Valkenhayn)

* Travis Willingham (Relius)

* Grant George (Kagura)

* Steve Staley (Hibiki)

** Stephanie Sheh (Mai)

* Kate Higgins (Izanami)

* Carrie Savage (Celica)

* Jamison Price (Tager)

** is active on Twitter/other social media

There's also Michelle Ruff (Carl/Linhua) and if we're including prominent non-playable characters Kirk Thorton (Jubei) and Ezra Weisz (Nago).

49 minutes ago, Domayv said:

* Laura Bailey (Platinum, though given her increasingly busy schedule, I'm not sure if she could reprise. If not, then Alexis Tipton can take over)

* Travis Willingham (Relius, though given his increasingly busy schedule, I'm not sure if he can reprise. If not then Kaiji Tang or Matthew Mercer can take over)

The silver lining of Arcsys's 6-8 month dubbing process is that it gives them plenty of time to record and could definitely fit into those two's schedules at some point.

Is there any reason why we need to get all the VA's to sign it when we know that some them of have unique circumstances on why they can't sign the petition. Arc System Works already knows that we want all the VA's back. We just need to get high count of people to get them to possibly notice that their is demand  and let them take it from there.

1 hour ago, Hero19 said:

Is there any reason why we need to get all the VA's to sign it when we know that some them of have unique circumstances on why they can't sign the petition. Arc System Works already knows that we want all the VA's back. We just need to get high count of people to get them to possibly notice that their is demand  and let them take it from there.

Well, there's not necessarily a situation where we NEED all of the VAs to officially come out as endorsing it or signing it. However, it's a situation where each of them may or may not have different groups of fans following them on Twitter/etc of their own and that the more VAs show support of it, the more people hear about it, and the more demand for it it shows there to be. It may not wind up technically HELPING things, but I can guarantee it doesn't HURT the chances of a future dub.

5 minutes ago, LiveWireX said:

Well, there's not necessarily a situation where we NEED all of the VAs to officially come out as endorsing it or signing it. However, it's a situation where each of them may or may not have different groups of fans following them on Twitter/etc of their own and that the more VAs show support of it, the more people hear about it, and the more demand for it it shows there to be. It may not wind up technically HELPING things, but I can guarantee it doesn't HURT the chances of a future dub.

Yeah, I just made the list like that to add some scale to the entire thing. Nearly half of the current playable cast with English VAs have co-signed, and there's nothing saying that some of the ones who haven't so far aren't supportive of the idea, they just haven't officially say anything about it yet.

Of course, one would wonder why WOULDN'T we think all the VAs are interested; we're basically asking for them to get their jobs back. 

3 minutes ago, LiveWireX said:

Additionally, the voice actors, who have a connection to the company and are more high profile, might have a tiny bit of sway in influencing Arc System Works about this. At the very least they are public figures whose words are more likely to reach Arcsys directly. I don't think it's a coincidence that Aksys shifted gears from "no plans at the moment" to "it is totally possible and you should fight for it" not long after Patrick Seitz's facebook post. One clear voice from higher up can get through when thousands of lower profile ones are ignored.

Fairly certain most VAs are on call, unless they have directing experience or some other studio role. Even then, it would probably be handled through Strangely Compelling/Cup of Tea VA studios rather than Akysys themselves. 

Patrick Seitz does have history with directing BB however, so you're probably right in how that made Aksys reconsider out of nowhere. They probably know it'll be handled properly if he takes charge as director (and he probably should, once the dub gets the green light)

I changed my petition to the other one because that one had more steam, and I'm only really good at attracting people on Tumblr, not Twitter, which is where a lot of signatures can be obtained.

I made the right choice :)