Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

That could be, but Rainfall had a lot more going for it, despite the same premise. Plus it was the prospect of a whole localization vs just a dub.

Maybe we need to form this petition under another "Operation" name for it to gain some attention?

#operationbluefall?
#operationtrueblue?
#operationazure?
#operationdubstep?

4 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

That could be, but Rainfall had a lot more going for it, despite the same premise. Plus it was the prospect of a whole localization vs just a dub.

Maybe we need to form this petition under another "Operation" name for it to gain some attention?

#operationbluefall?
#operationtrueblue?
#operationazure?
#operationdubstep?

Operation Rainfall wasn't about whole localization. It was about bringing over games to the U.S. that had already gotten English translations but were only released in Europe and Australia. The other issue is the sheer difference in scale. Not just the issue of no American release vs. no dub, but also the fact that Operation Rainfall was about video game juggernaut Nintendo as opposed to a niche fighting game. It also included bringing over Xenoblade Chronicles, which was being lauded as one of, if not the best RPG's of the 7th console generation, which brought much more focus. Honestly I would say a name like that would actually make things worse since it would make the goal less clear. Plus it is a lot easier to say we're petitioning to "dub BlazBlue Central Fiction" than to say "bring Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower to the U.S.) so a code name would be less convenient, especially this late in the game.

November 1st is the release date.

People are becoming discouraged now on the petition.

This is actually the biggest test of people's resolve; sadly I think less people appreciate the dub enough to not buy it on day one. 

Boycott is extremely, but there are plenty of ways to play the game without buying. GameFly in particular is bringing back old members for $1. 

^Well, here is Aksys again to shed light on the situation currently.

Also, now they're upfront on this too. Even though, yes, we know they're outsourcing the localization's since CSE. (And they could have said this a long while back, but...)

And lastly...

Welp, there goes any reasonable chances for a dub now that they've decided to do the stupidest possible action: BOYCOTTING the game. 

Just goes to show that fans have power, but it works both ways. They can either make a game better or worse, and those fucktards just chose the latter. Fuck extremist mentality.

GAME OVER

ArcSys gone learn today! CF is gonna flop in the US regardless, cuz not only will you have the dub fans possibly not getting it, you'll also have some folks who are annoyed with Arcs with the "Extend" stuff. Yeah, you can say they're not doing it, but there's no convincing them.

I know, it's not like they're "boycotting" it too, I'm just saying Arcs shouldn't be surprised that the game will sell even more less in the US as they've brought all of this on themselves.

They're really going through with this? I'm not sure what to say...

Oh wait, I do: ASW, why are you doing this? Is dubbing too much to ask? Are we in the wrong or are you facing issues? Don't be a Noel Vermillion [or a Tsubaki Yayoi for that matter]. We don't want to see you guys disappear after all your hard efforts over the years, but this decision just can't go unexplained! 

If this is the road they're going to head down, then I hope they're prepared for whatever backlash comes along. Just thinking about what may happen is making me... me... I can't... :cry:

People choosing not buy the game is probably a combination of those who enjoyed the dub and those who don't like Arc System Works behavior over the past couple of years in regards to being clear on what features are being included in their product. They should just be straightforward if they are removing or not including something in their games instead of hiding about it until people found what they are expecting isn't there.

The excuses I hear Aksys gives for the dub removal doesn't mean much too me because their was never any attempt to try from Arc System Work to get it to work. It's obvious it was planned from the start of BBCF localization that Arc System Works weren't going to include Blazblue dub yet instead of coming up clean about it they chose to ignored people questions for months until the VA's had to come out about it themselves. Until Arc System Works start speaking up about this matter and show they are listening instead of Aksys doing all the talking I'm buying it used. 

2 hours ago, Hero19 said:

People choosing not buy the game is probably a combination of those who enjoyed the dub and those who don't like Arc System Works behavior over the past couple of years in regards to being clear on what features are being included in their product. They should just be straightforward if they are removing or not including something in their games instead of hiding about it until people found what they are expecting isn't there.

Bingo! Personally, I'll wait for either an extend version or a PC release.

They said that they weren't going to do an Extend version this time due to it splitting the base, either via people not buying the first version, or people not buying the second version. Whether you believe them or not, well...

I'm not "boycotting" it per se, but I'm not getting it on day one. I haven't even given CPE the time it really needs and I'm struggling to keep up with KOF14, Revelator, SFV, and my video game backlog as it is. Maybe around Christmas or something.

Boycotting the game could result of even terrible sales in NA/EU, and that's giving more reason to AkSys to stop releasing this here. You really sure its a good solution at all?

Because I'm basically sure majority just rather having the game early then just for the VA English. now dont get me wrong, i do really enjoying some voice acting on those characters. but let say, a lot of people rather not waiting a long 6-7 month of delay because they can't or won't importing.

1 hour ago, Daisy-Fan said:

Boycotting the game could result of even terrible sales in NA/EU, and that's giving more reason to AkSys to stop releasing this here. You really sure its a good solution at all?

It's not a solution of any kind. As you pointed out: lower sales from the boycott is just as likely (or rather, much more so) to convince ArcSysWorks that people are no longer interested in anything BlazBlue related and shut down any further localization attempts. But on the reverse side, if they realize the loss in sales is minimal, they can easy just continue releasing games without an English dub period. It's a terrible situation for those that liked the dub either way.

1 hour ago, Daisy-Fan said:

Because I'm basically sure majority just rather having the game early then just for the VA English. now dont get me wrong, i do really enjoying some voice acting on those characters. but let say, a lot of people rather not waiting a long 6-7 month of delay because they can't or won't importing.

Problem is, they got rid of a feature that has been present in the series since CT. Now all of a sudden they went and said "Nope, not doing it anymore"? Especially since they kept conditioning people to expect delays ever since CS.

It may not be a pretty situation but they did it to themselves. I don't know the true reason for not doing a dub but frankly I dont care. A dub is part of the package, and now its suddenly not here, and they expect me to just accept it? I love Blazblue. I honestly do, but I'm not about to forget that its still a product. A product developed by a company, and that company has to earn my money. It doesn't just get it regardless of its decisions. No dub after consistently delivering one for what frankly appears to be for no other reason than because they think they can get away with it doesn't sit well with me, and I wont reward a company for half assed products.

The western release of CF is basically a glorified import, and thats not good enough for me. If the end result of all this ends up being that they just stop releasing these games outside Japan than honestly I dont even see the issue. Not only can people still import(which the western CF borders on being anyway)but there are dozens of other games out there to be playing. I'm sure we can all find something else worthwhile.

Bottom line is that I will not smile and give a company money while they give me the finger.

With anime becoming more and more common and popular among people it never used to be a dub is frankly part of the bare minimum as far as I'm concerned. I've gotten people into Blazblue who dont even really like anime, and thats only because it had an English dub. I myself wouldn't have ever bothered to give it a 2nd look if it didnt have one. Most people are not prone to tolerating a language they cant understand. Tho admittedly Terumi is still hilariously fun in both languages.

The waiting time isnt really all that relevant either unless your part of the hardcore or just dont want to wait it out. The games population will still drop after a month like all fighting games do, and the Japanese players and importers will still have a huge leg up on the people who wait for the official western releases. An early release that barely matters in exchange for no dub?

In a year I wont care that the game came out early. I'll care that I never got the English dub.

To everyone, please stop making generalizations. In regards to companies, fans adamant for dubbing, fans apathetic to dubbing, and everything in between. Keep in mind that you are an individual. You know what you want. You don't know what everyone else wants, you don't know what the company/ies want.

You also cannot see the future.

PS: If you can see the future, please hook up the sick lotto numbers. I'll let you post whatever you want if you do, promise.

The problem with this whole situation is that Arc System Works won't speak out about this matter as if it's no concern. If a logical reasoning was given for this some fans including myself wouldn't be complaining about this outcome. The whole way how this situation was handled was not professional in anyway especially for a feature they have included since the start of localization for this series. It doesn't help they haven't learned to communicate better when they do stuff like this after the CP Library removal incident. I know people will argue about the dub not being including with JP version so it's not a real feature to be considered removed, but it was something added to the localization version for many years and something that help draw some fans into the series.

I'm easily willing to come back to support this series if there is actually an effort from Arc System Works part on actively trying to improve communications towards fans so this sort of situation doesn't happen again. Otherwise, it comes off as a decision they chose to do this because they know they can get away with it which I personally an not willing to condone as a good attitude to treat your fans with. The dub to me is just a part of a bigger issue in regards to this company problem in regards to communication which is something that they can easily fixed yet choose not to do so which I just don't understand why it's such a problem to answer simple questions that other companies easily answers. 

Well I think I should just let this topic go and move on now.   I do respect other people opinions on this  matters and I apologize if what I been writing so far on this issue comes off offensive or very whinny.  I guess to sum up what I feel about this topic I just expect something better from this company since I love their products, but just have been disappointed with their behavior over the years which didn't have to be this way.

As mentioned, generalizing is bad and doesn't really answer anything. So instead, I came up with a tier list of reasons why you wouldn't dub it, to try and figure out who's really at fault here:

High:

Precedent. Revelator was sold without a dub locally and it did fairly well, at least enough to warrant a re-release....which also didn't have a dub. You could argue that BlazBlue is the bigger focus of the two now in the present, but if ASW was willing to do that with their brainchild, the spiritual sequel would also face the same treatment. 

Costs. There are dozens of VAs with plenty of lines, and several other with less so. This is no one's fault really, this is simply business. Since video game voice acting can run up to nearly $50,000,  it would be nothing but beneficial to most people on both ends to skip the VAs.

Mid:

Importing. I'm giving this is a medium priority because the first two games came out in a very similar one month time frame. It was only different for CP because of a different studio, and people who didn't care for the story imported. These imports could mean there would be a double dip in the future, but it could also mean that the NA branch isn't making as much sales as they could right away. ASW has very little reason to worry about this now, but it could always be a reasoning brought up, sure.

Fanbase. The amount of people who are indifferent might be greater than the amount of people who do care for the dub, and that might be enough to risk a dubless entry in the first place. Even in this very thread, there's a back and forth over whether it's really worth boycotting, worth cancelling preorders, and worth waiting on an Extend version. This contrast alone is probably part of the reasoning behind dropping it in the first place; after all, if there are people arguing against waiting for a dub, those are people who are buying it. People arguing for a dub? Eh, they might buy it, but maybe they weren't in the first place and they are just supporting the cause. One side will certainly be more profitable than the other.

Scheduling. With more story than ever and a load of high-profile VAs to call in for it, chances are that ASW nor Aksys wanted to deal with the headache of arranging that, especially for an element that isn't nearly as important as the gameplay. Then there's also auditioning and casting for the bunch of new characters introduced, which would increase the production time and therefore potentially make the wait even longer. 

Low: 

Vendetta. I'm sure ASW couldn't care less about whether or not the dub is fully recognized. This is both good and bad, since in previous titles they went "eh sure go ahead" through under Aksys's management, but this time around they're saying "nah". There's probably not someone out there thinking that subs are superior anyway and therefore it should go through as such.

Greed. This is different from costs because while it would certainly be beneficial to save money by not dubbing, I'm sure it doesn't take a business expert to let someone at ASW realize that if there are nearly 5000 people who aren't buying the game full price, the money they'll save would be nothing compared to the money they would earn from those dub lovers. 

In the end, while it's mostly on the side of the developers and publishers to get things together for the dub, ultimately it's the people who buy it that determine whether or not it's all worth it. That is why in regards to boycotting, I feel it's hardly a bad move, nor is it selfish or detrimental or anything like that. It's simply speaking with your wallet. People are terrified that there will be no more BB games localized? That's interesting, because I could've sworn people were buying the games regardless.

I feel bad for Aksys taking the PR hit right now, but to be fair they were quite defensive at first, until Patrick Seitz softened their stance. ASW meanwhile, has been steadfast in not explaining anything outside of a cheek response towards the petition, so let's not shift our focus on the wrong group here.

What we need to be careful of is that we don't end up like the Modern Warfare 2 "boycotters", remember that little fiasco?

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

But just curiosity of course, was the Guilty Gear fanbase were outraging when they knowing that Revelator will be Japanese dub only? Serious question.

2 hours ago, Daisy-Fan said:

But just curiosity of course, was the Guilty Gear fanbase were outraging when they knowing that Revelator will be Japanese dub only? Serious question.

There was a flare up. But, many people felt that the SIGN dub was pretty rushed and that some of the voices didn't quite fit anyway. Also, people had just been used to listening to Japanese voices in GG since the beginning of time, while BB has had English voices from the beginning. So, not as big of a backlash as the BB situation.

I, personally, wanted them to give the actors a chance to settle into the roles a little bit and to give the localizers a chance to do a little better on the technical side of things, but they just scrapped it. I also tried to tell people who were okay with the dub not being there that if you didn't push back on it, it might spread over into Blazblue...and here we are.

CF spoilers:

Spoiler

Does Nakamura voice Susanoo? He sounds nothing like him and more like Waldstein or Azrael. Then again, Hakumen sounds pretty different from Jin, too, so there's nothing post-production can't do.

16 hours ago, SoWL said:

CF spoilers:

Hide contents

Does Nakamura voice Susanoo? He sounds nothing like him and more like Waldstein or Azrael. Then again, Hakumen sounds pretty different from Jin, too, so there's nothing post-production can't do.

Apparently, it's Kenta Miyake.

On 10/4/2016 at 0:22 AM, Daisy-Fan said:

I cared, but I also don't play much guilty gear so it didn't hit me hard enough to push back. Blazblue and its cast though has been a huge part of my life for 8 years now, so this hit me like a fucking truck. Now that I'm reading story spoilers I'm incredibly disappointed and depressed that I won't be able to enjoy going through them.

I didn't realize how much I wanted english back in GG until Dizzy hit and I realized hearing her in english was what I was begging for for years.