Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

I asked them (Aksys) about that.  What they did was publish ARC's games when they came stateside.  Localization is what ARCSys does in-house, but Aksys typically adds the finishing touches to what's already there.  But even they miss typos, glitches, and translation errors.

All it means is that if you got a beef with ARC System Works, Aksys can relay the message, but they can't do much beyond what ARC wants to do with their releases.

Can someone who knows Japanese translate what the characters say in their special intros, specials, and distortion drives in CF? I know there are A LOT of special quotes in the game. Those were one of the best things about Blazblue to me like Ragna telling Nu "You can hate me all you want" during Devoured by Darkness. Susanoo's quotes are already translated.

5 hours ago, Blade said:

You'll have to ask for specifics, as I'm not doing every BB Quote.

How about doing Ragna's, Hakumen's, and Terumi's special interactions and quotes while doing specific attacks? Those are the ones I'm interested in the most.

Spoiler

Terumi: Ragna-chan, it's PLAY-TIME!

Ragna: I need to wreck you, like YESTERDAY!

(Inferno Divider) This is your Tomb! > Crush you/Smash you!

(Hell's Fang) You're a Pain! > Disappear!

(Bloodscythe) This'll hurt!

(Nightmare Edge) You're Mincemeat! > Thanks (for the Soul Drain)!

Win: I'm not gonna kill you yet!

(Gauntlet Hades) Snake! > Just Die!

(Devoured by Darkness) I won't leave a trace! > Get Crushed!

(Exceed) Sorry! I don't hold back!

(Backroll) I'll kill you!

(Back Throw) Get lost!

(Air Throw) The End!

I'm not entirely familiar with Terumi's voice sets, so I'd have to look and see what taunts are unique to Ragna.

So uh, there's a patch for Central Fiction on Steam to put in the CP dub voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQrJEDJOGcM

http://raijikan.tumblr.com/mods

It's a pretty valiant effort.

Also, belatedly, I appreciate you all showing the petition some love, even though it failed. Tried the best I could.

Valiant, but really far from perfect. It still needs work. I just hope others can try to fix it if the modder can't fix up the vocal issues, since its a "final release", so...yeah.

Also, what petiton, you mean the old (first) one? That one was "closed", a while back, so its a bit too late. Unless you mean like new ones that popped up lately.

On 8/7/2017 at 4:45 AM, NeoStrayCat said:

Valiant, but really far from perfect. It still needs work. I just hope others can try to fix it if the modder can't fix up the vocal issues, since its a "final release", so...yeah.

Also, what petiton, you mean the old (first) one? That one was "closed", a while back, so its a bit too late. Unless you mean like new ones that popped up lately.

Yeah, the first one. I started the OG. I closed it because it felt like I'd done all I could and everyone important had effectively ignored it.

On the subject of a Fan dub, can we get a Lady with a "Crisp British Accent" to be the BlazBlue system voice (using CT as the base, but using Central Fiction's roster/events as a guide)?

I would trade all the dubs for that announcer back.

12 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

Bringing this thread back with the news of Cross Tag Battle getting a dub. List updated as well.

I doubt this matters any, you do know DL isn't what it used to be lately. (Barely any users here now.) You should have mentioned list updated in the first page, cause no one knows where to find it. Also, since DL is barely alive at this point...does this thread no longer have rules now, lol. The Mods/Admins kinda left, and only those very few, like one or 2 (that I know) are probably still around elsewhere.

This thread has "rules" because people were a little too vocal about their frustration on CF now having a dub.

And over a year later, I feel that's still a valid one. CTB having a dub is nice but really all that benefits from is the UNIB characters. Everyone else we already know what they're like in-battle so the only new thing will be character interactions and story mode.

Hopefully this is a sign of them dubbing a future version of CF, because that's now the odd one out.

On 2/17/2018 at 4:19 AM, NeoStrayCat said:

I doubt this matters any, you do know DL isn't what it used to be lately. (Barely any users here now.) You should have mentioned list updated in the first page, cause no one knows where to find it. Also, since DL is barely alive at this point...does this thread no longer have rules now, lol. The Mods/Admins kinda left, and only those very few, like one or 2 (that I know) are probably still around elsewhere.

Thats a discussion for another topic, but one that needs to be addressed. DL's demise has been mostly due to the lack of freedom to post whatever whenever and just generally be anti fun. I get that it had its reasons, but it got out of hand and many mods jumped ship to Skype, Discord and whatever else, where communities are much more alive. 

11 hours ago, Arcus Diabolus said:

Thats a discussion for another topic, but one that needs to be addressed. DL's demise has been mostly due to the lack of freedom to post whatever whenever and just generally be anti fun. I get that it had its reasons, but it got out of hand and many mods jumped ship to Skype, Discord and whatever else, where communities are much more alive. 

Yeah, but I doubt there's no point for another topic like that considering DL's barely alive at this point. I get what you say, but its time to move on.

Anyways, for those that are still sticking around here these days, since the BBTAG English build is out lately in 3 specific locations for the weekend only, first confirm of the UNIST cast voices. Ian Sinclair (Space Dandy, Whis in DBZ and Rashid in SFV) is Gordeau.