Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

Who? If you want people to understand what you're talking about, don't self-censor.

It's supposed to be Hayate Ayasaki. He did appear in another fighting game called Sunday vs. Magazine, though that incarnation would be different gameplay-wise from his theoretical Xrd incarnation (if ASW bothers to make a guest fighter as a DLC). Sorry for being cryptic , though.

Update: I updated my previous post so now it's no longer cryptic.

There's one dandy voice actor for a dandy vampire, and there ain't a more dandier (yes, that's a word) choice than the Dandy himself, Ian Sinclair.

I don't know, his usual voice is a bit too youthful for Slayer.

That being said, I think it would be cool if they reached out for Texas VAs like they did for Tales of Xilia 2

I don't know, his usual voice is a bit too youthful for Slayer.

That being said, I think it would be cool if they reached out for Texas VAs like they did for Tales of Xilia 2

It ain't too youthful in that margin. His normal, casual voice has often sounded deep to me, deep enough for an old man if he tried. But yeah, it would be cool if they did.

Thanks for the suggestions for Kliff, Dizzy and Slayer.

As for Bridget, the reason why I picked Ryoko Shiraishi for him is because of her typecast as effeminate boys who have a tendency to cause unsettling gender reveals (both of which fit Bridget perfectly), and also the fact that if he were to appear in Xrd as a DLC character, he likely would be based off his Vastedge XT design (considering the 5-year timeskip between XX and Xrd), which has a more boyish look compared to his previous iteration, thus making more sense for him to have a more boyish-sounding voice than his XX series counterpart.

Just for a fun fact, if Hayate Ayasaki were to appear in Xrd as some crossover DLC character (I would like to see a guest fighter in an Arc System Works game), then he would have to get a male (preferably Akira Ishida) to voice him since he would be a bit too similar to Bridget if Ryoko Shiraishi were to reprise her role for him alongside with voicing Bridget :).

Haha, yeah, true enough. I was a little shocked after knowing that his seiyuu was a woman at first, even with "that" sort of things happening sometimes in the manga... And I'm guessing that's the reason why you picked Ryoko Shiraishi.

While we're with it, I don't think Rie would really fit as May, everyone knows that she was born for the sole purpose in giving voice to tsunderes characters (so to speak), and I don't really think of her as a tsundere, even with all the "baka" thing to Johnny everytime she's defeated.

Haha, yeah, true enough. I was a little shocked after knowing that his seiyuu was a woman at first, even with "that" sort of things happening sometimes in the manga... And I'm guessing that's the reason why you picked Ryoko Shiraishi.

While we're with it, I don't think Rie would really fit as May, everyone knows that she was born for the sole purpose in giving voice to tsunderes characters (so to speak), and I don't really think of her as a tsundere, even with all the "baka" thing to Johnny everytime she's defeated.

Rie is mostly pigeon-holed into tsunderes, she shows off some surprising range here and there. Check her out in Wixoss, Kyousougiga, or hell, even FMA. Her Koto voice might fit May, but there are probably better fits, yeah.

Pretty much, though Hayate's not the only reason. Continuing on him, what would happen if he was voiced by a male seiyuu if he ever got into Xrd, considering how he would be a bit too similar to Bridget if the latter appeared.

Then what VA would make a better alternative to Satomi Koorogi for May than Rie Kugimiya?

Rie is mostly pigeon-holed into tsunderes, she shows off some surprising range here and there. Check her out in Wixoss, Kyousougiga, or hell, even FMA. Her Koto voice might fit May, but there are probably better fits, yeah.

You got it wrong, I didn't mean it like she's only useful giving voice to tsunderes, just that is indeed her forte in that field.

Then what VA would make a better alternative to Satomi Koorogi for May than Rie Kugimiya?

I wasn't really taking all the characters into account, but maybe now that I think about it, Uchida's lively voice would probably fit more with May than Bridget, regardless though... I can think of Touyama Nao (TWGOK, SNAFU,...) for example.

I think Derek Stephen Prince (Takaya in Persona 3) would make a good Bedman in the dub.

and, after playing League of Legends I gotta say I am very much more impressed with Kyle Hebert's voice range and delivery. I think he could play a damn good Sol or even Ky if they decided to switch up some voice actors. Especially since I have a sneaking suspicion Troy Baker's too busy to come back and voice Sol again. I mean when you're in the same game voicing alongside Kevin Freakin' Spacey, you are definitely Hollywood status and therefore have a Hollywood time schedule.

I can somewhat see Derek playing Bedman well, but I'm leaning more towards Lucien Dodge. Dude hasn't played anyone in the antagonist margin yet and Bedman definitely looks like someone who would have his voice.

I can somewhat see Derek playing Bedman well, but I'm leaning more towards Lucien Dodge. Dude hasn't played anyone in the antagonist margin yet and Bedman definitely looks like someone who would have his voice.

He was one in K. There's also the spiritmaster in Bravely Default.

But time will only tell who's gonna voice who, we'll really only know once the game comes out. Seeing how ArcSys must be really serious about this game being successful, I hope that both the casting AND directing will be great.

I could see Jamieson Price working...maybe, but other than that, I can't even think of a decent fit. Michael McConnohie if he comes back is probably just going to be Paradigm. David Lodge?

Look at all the voices Iemasa has done over the years that had an English counterpart, and decide from that?

Luci Christian should be Millia. Greg Ayres should be Bedman.

Actually, it would be a better casting choice if Luci voices I-No and Todd Haberkorn voices Bedman (if Xrd get dubbed at Okratron 5000).

Look at all the voices Iemasa has done over the years that had an English counterpart, and decide from that?

That's a possibility. Depending on where it'd be dubbed, Kent Williams or Kirk Thornton might be pretty good.

Just dropping in for another reminder that Ali Hillis is the one true Millia <3

Also, Lucien Dodge as Bedman is one of the best ideas to come out of this thread.

Adachi's Voice actor was bad in Ultimax.  It's Captain Johnny Young Bosch, who also happens to do the main character in that game as well.  Adachi sounds like Yu Narukami trying to sound creepy but failing miserably.

I heard there's character system voice for Xrd.

Praying dub Sol calls Ky "Boyscout" at character select.