Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

I think the quality of acting for certain characters sounds more real than most of what you could find in BB and P4A. Some of it is ultra corny, but hey, anime. I'd say as far as variety and quality goes, it might be the best Arcsys dub yet. The ratio of bad to good is very lopsided.

In Tutorial mode right now. I suppose Sin is also perfect for Lucien, but Sol? Pretty sure it's Kyle Hebert. Gotta agree he's Sol "Trying Too Hard To Be Solid Snake" Badguy. For me though, he's a bare average, nowhere near the good fit for Sol, but it's manageable.

Just HOW bad is Venom's VA? This is my main, we're talking about here.

think Angelo Sauper from Gundam Unicorn but not as high-pitched

I don't see what's so bad about Sol's voice. It sounds good during battles, at least from what I've heard.

Ugh, that sounds like the work of those who fucked up CP's translation -__-

I'll copy what I said in another thread, and modify it since some of this changed:

I'm playing this now, but I have to say, I have mixed feelings. Though more positive than negative I guess. Faust and Zato sound the best out of all of them so far. My complaints so far are Ramlethal (she confused emotionless and robotic), Sol (this actor is trying WAY too hard, they should have hired someone else), Sin (this guy really wants to be JYB), and Venom (I think they just told someone "be black" for him). I-no's voice is a little odd, but not bad, I just think it's odd. She kept the tough, and lost the angry and the sexy.

Still no Bedman, but I hit Chipp, Millia, and Slayer. Chipp is fine, Slayer is ok but I expected something deeper instead of sounding like Phantom Limb, and Millia's is fine overall but some lines sound horribly out of character for her.

Also, my reactions to some of the voices:

Ky - "Long time, no see, Flynn Scifo!"

Axl - "Axl's really feeling it!"

Sin - "Please no JYB, please no JYB...FUCK! If this guy isn't JYB, he really wants to be."

Ramlethal - "Did you get depressed there, KOS-MOS?"

Some of the battle lines are a bit too literally translated. An obvious example would be Venom saying "My safety is flawless".

It was a double edged sword. I like that they kept the original name of the moves (i'm looking at you hazama and terumi), but some of the other lines that were kept sound really cheesy in english.

I might not buy this game if they're still using "Strangely Compelling."  I know they're on a budget, but this is starting to become insulting.

Hm...from what I've heard, I'd say that this dub is pretty good but can't match BB's. There are a few voices that irk me, and I'm not used to the original Japanese ones like most of you guys are.

Of course, we have very little to go on right now. I might change my opinion come the console release.

Also Venom's voice is...ow. Come on, Tager had a better "black man" voice than that!

Guess what name appears at the end of the Arcade Mode credits?

"Strangely Compelling"

You are correct. It's the same people who worked on CP.

Guess what name appears at the end of the Arcade Mode credits?

"Strangely Compelling"

You are correct. It's the same people who worked on CP.

Oh boy...Here we go again...

WELP.

Sol's voice is...weird. Half the time he sounds good, the other half he's trying to sound so "deep" and "metal" it's narm-worthy. Pick one voice, man. Pick one.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, he sounds like Azrael somewhat. Except Azrael's actor didn't sound so...iffy.

So watching the stream, I have to say that the dub isn't as good as Blazblue.

Zato (Relius' and Azir's VA I believe), Sol (in battle, his lines outside of them are garbage), Ky, Axl (THIS IS THE MONADO'S POWER), May (I really disliked JP May) and Faust are pretty great.

Ramlethal (So you guys kept those takes then, huh?) and what little I heard of Venom were really godawful though.

Need to hear Slayer now, I think.

In Tutorial mode right now. I suppose Sin is also perfect for Lucien, but Sol? Pretty sure it's Kyle Hebert. Gotta agree he's Sol "Trying Too Hard To Be Solid Snake" Badguy. For me though, he's a bare average, nowhere near the good fit for Sol, but it's manageable.

More like Sargent Badguy

Man Vee would have been a perfect fit for Ramlethal. I mean come on she already has experience with creepy emotionless girls due to playing Nu.

Dood, the first thing I did was the Tutorial Mode and I already saw a localization mismatch. I swear to god...

More like Sargent Badguy

"I got your name! I GOT YOUR ASS! You will obey the numbers, I WILL TEACH YOU!"

Dood, the first thing I did was the Tutorial Mode and I already saw a localization mismatch. I swear to god...

Yep, I saw it when Sin said 2 things/words/etc. close, but completely wrong.

Really, If any character got Relius's VA it should have been Venom. Relius's japanese VA is Venom's original VA(Thats why Unlimited Relius has Venom's Overdrive's).

Anyways, saying that this Venom is trying to "sound black" only makes me imagine a Gary Coleman impression....

What'chu talkin' bout Zato?

Anyways, are there any demo gameplay videos out that perhaps feature Venom? I can't find any.