Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

I don't mind the absence of weeb-talk. Esxcept for him muttering "WASABI." on air throw.

I didn't hear that during any streams, but I noticed him say "Sushi" occasionally when using the first hit of his rekkas.  Also, I'm pretty sure he's not actually saying this, but it sounds like he's saying "Anime Slash" when he uses his command throw.

Hopefully he'll still say "Hello Kitty" somewhere.

for those who want to know

I saw Slayer use his air slash in a video, and his dub laugh, while slightly downplayed, is actually rather well done!

He gives off one of those confident 'Aha!' kind of laughs in the dub while iemasa gives the humorous laugh he's always given us P:

In which arcade mode does Slayer show up in, because I checked both Ky and Sol's and I didn't see him.

If people really don't want to listen to the dub they will change the language option so nicely placed in the options menu. Hell, sf4's dub wasn't amazing by any means (actually hilarious and annoying) but everyone plays the hell out of it

Someone told me that the bad dub will destroy this game in the west. I personally disagree but what do you guys think? I know that the dub isn't BB level but It's decent. 

GG was never all that big in the west anyway. I agree that Xrd's dub is terrible and shouldn't even be compared to BB's near-perfect dub, but there is still dual audio. You just have to tell everyone that gets the game to immediately SWITCH TO JPN voices. The voices won't "destroy" the game, just make it less appealing.

People will still buy the game because of the fancy anime graphics, although the awkward translation and dub are a huge turn-off. I still choose to believe Guilty Gear has a chance of being really successful (maybe even reaching SF level someday).

Someone told me that the bad dub will destroy this game in the west. I personally disagree but what do you guys think? I know that the dub isn't BB level but It's decent. 

I'm English, we grew up with bad dubs actually we were lucky to get subs back then. Old skool players will be used to it or just swap to JP voices.

Dubs gonna have next to no impact IMO. As a last resort if the voices are that annoying; The majority of games these days allow you to mute music, SE and voices separately. 

Xrd's dub isn't even that bad. If you guys think Xrd is absolute shit, then you need to watch Bible Black with Brett again lol

It's kinda annoying that even if you turn JP voices ON, you still hear the dubbed version from the other player in netplay. I don't understand why ASW has coded the game like this.

It's kinda annoying that even if you turn JP voices ON, you still hear the dubbed version from the other player in netplay. I don't understand why ASW has coded the game like this.

That's honestly the only thing that annoys about the dub,I don't like it but all I have to do is switch to the JPN voices and problem solved but I'm still forced to listen to it just because the other player has it on,its a minor annoyance but just like you said its weird that ASW has it coded like that.

That's honestly the only thing that annoys about the dub,I don't like it but all I have to do is switch to the JPN voices and problem solved but I'm still forced to listen to it just because the other player has it on,its a minor annoyance but just like you said its weird that ASW has it coded like that.

Wait it's not based on what each player set as their language? It defaults to English every time no matter what for the opponent?

That IMO is guaranteed to be patched out if true.

Wait it's not based on what each player set as their language? It defaults to English every time no matter what for the opponent?

That IMO is guaranteed to be patched out if true.

No,its based on what each player has set as their language,its just that I never liked that ASW's games always do that,I'd rather it be that if you have the JPN voices you here both characters in JPN anyways this thread isn't really for discussing the dub so lets leave it at that.

Very unfortunate that we can't change individual voices like in Capcom fighters. Guess I'll just have to get used to Sol and Venom or switch if I ever feel like maining them.

I love this. Dub haters feel the rage. 

I always got hatemail in Ultimax from people playing with JP voices for using English. P4A(U) are the best dubbed fighting games ever though (Atlus know their stuff).

Sin looks super fun, looking at his moves on the wiki. Long reaching normals FTW.

A little over two days left... it's a pitty that the game doesn't launch on midnight, but well, I can wait. It's been years, what's 7 hours compared to that...

I love this. Dub haters feel the rage. 

People who act smugly superior over their preference of dubs (I guess they're insecure about liking anime and deathly afraid of being labeled weeaboos, or something) are just as insufferable as the inverse. I realize that this has been a constant since BBCT, but ArcSys should really allow everyone to stick to the voice tracks they want to hear in online play.

I'll probably be switching if Leo's English voice rubs me the wrong way.

Perhaps Jamieson Price will come and save the day

Elphelt might be the make or break for me

I'm not entirely on board with all the Sol hate. As an actor, I can tell when someone is hamming it up on purpose, and I think that was what Keith Silverstein was trying to do. No, it's not GOOD acting, by I think it's on the right track given Sol's corny anime protagonist schtick. Not to say I wouldn't have preferred a better performance, I just think people are overreacting a bit.

Now Venom on the other hand. Ohhh boy, that's a doozy.

I'm not entirely on board with all the Sol hate. As an actor, I can tell when someone is hamming it up on purpose, and I think that was what Kieth Silverstein was trying to do. No, it's not GOOD acting, by I think it's on the right track given Sol's corny anime protagonist schtick. Not to say I wouldn't have preferred a better performance, I just don't think people are overreacting a bit.

Now Venom on the other hand. Ohhh boy, that's a doozy.

Sol didn't need a growling/gargling tryhard voice. It sounds so fake and awkward, instead of being cool it sounds funny. ALL the characters in Guilty Gear are corny anime characters, that's no excuse for a shit dub. Blazblue, which is very very anime still had a great dub. I think it's because the actors were utilized better there. I don't think Sol's actor is bad, I think the director or whoever should have asked him to act another way. Joji Nakata didn't need a pretentious Christian Bale voice to sound tough, he just talked like a normal guy. Aside from the grunting and other stuff when fighting, I definitely think Sol's english voice is shit.

I'm trying to be optimistic by reminding people how good Slayer and Zato's voices are, but that's only 2 characters. I know people here are trying to be nice and all, I just can't pretend that this is a good dub. Dual audio saves the day.