Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

I'm more concerned about Blazblue since we have a good dub for that for a long time. It suddenly having no dub would be such a shame after how good the dub voice cast is and how long we have been with them. It sucks Rev may not have a dub but beside the reason of cutting-cost it could also be because the dub wasn't that well received so they may have felt it wasn't adding one this time.

27 minutes ago, Vulcan422 said:

Welp. It was somewhat fun while it lasted.

RIP English voices for Guilty Gear.

2008-2016

Fixed, you forgot GG2: Overture. (And if we really want to count that GGX trailer with the weird English voices, then maybe Early 2000's. X3)

That's incredibly disappointing honestly. I was really looking forward to hearing Jam's broken english.

Hmmm, on the one hand I will indeed miss the Sean Connery Slayer, Liam's Axl, English May and Elphelt. But on the other hand, I can also say goodbye to gravel-munching Sol, monotone Erin Fitzgerald Ramlethal and perma-head cold Venom. The rest were either forgettable or just "serviceable" to me. But still, that's quite a bit of English VA talent to drop. Kinda would have liked to see if they got better as the series went along but alas.

Then again, they could always add them back in once the whole story mode is done and whatever. 

More recent news may add on to this news. Central Fiction is coming out for America in Winter, only a few months after the Japanese release.

There's also the possibility that CF may not get a dub either.

Guys, Winter 2016 could mean late December 2016, January, February, or early March 2017, that is plenty of enough time for dubbing so you shouldn't worry.

P.S. You people need to stop taking this rumor seriously before it gets out of hand.

1 hour ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

March isn't Winter lol.

It is when you live in Canada, lol.

And while it does kind of suck hearing the Import versions of Revelator and possibly BBCF, that doesn't overly bug me all THAT much since I was most likely going to wait until the North American versions of each come out (since I like beading able to actually read the text without having to look up what's what), so it won't really impact me other than when I play on someone else's copy who's using an Import one.

1 hour ago, Toxin45 said:

Guys these are the Japanese realizes I am sure the dubs would come on in he us and Europe.

You misunderstand. The North American publisher said that there wasn't going to be an English dub.

6 hours ago, werewolfgold said:

You misunderstand. The North American publisher said that there wasn't going to be an English dub.

That sounds really out of left field, so that can't be right. I mean...no Cristina Vee Noel? That...that's just unfathomable, that wouldn't be right at ALL.

6 minutes ago, Toxin45 said:

He ment for guilty gear not Blazblue.

Well alright then. Though a number of English VAs in Xrd were ones I enjoyed, I'm not super into the Guilty Gear series and with Xrd never really "feeling" right, it doesn't overly affect me.

33 minutes ago, LiveWireX said:

That sounds really out of left field, so that can't be right. I mean...no Cristina Vee Noel? That...that's just unfathomable, that wouldn't be right at ALL.

Oh, don't worry. There's still time for them to decide to not do an English dub for Blazblue Central Fiction. lol

On 5/27/2016 at 6:41 PM, Luminos564 said:

Hmmm, on the one hand I will indeed miss the Sean Connery Slayer, Liam's Axl, English May and Elphelt. But on the other hand, I can also say goodbye to gravel-munching Sol, monotone Erin Fitzgerald Ramlethal and perma-head cold Venom. The rest were either forgettable or just "serviceable" to me. But still, that's quite a bit of English VA talent to drop. Kinda would have liked to see if they got better as the series went along but alas.

Then again, they could always add them back in once the whole story mode is done and whatever. 

I sorta feel like this may be what's happening. We've all seen other games with DLC/Expansions where sometimes characters aren't voiced for any number of reasons.

Maybe whenever Revelator's story is "complete" they'll give it another try. Its probably less expensive if they have to book fewer recordings for voice talent

1 hour ago, Zazz said:

I sorta feel like this may be what's happening. We've all seen other games with DLC/Expansions where sometimes characters aren't voiced for any number of reasons.

Maybe whenever Revelator's story is "complete" they'll give it another try. Its probably less expensive if they have to book fewer recordings for voice talent

The more I think about it, the more ASW's decision to exclude the English DUB sounds "sensible". While yes, it does suck that the English VA cast was dropped and it will inevitably cause its fans dismay, certain situations call for drastic measure. I mean, let's be honest: if their decision to include them hinges on the story mode being "complete" and then delaying the game, it would probably have pissed off even more people. Much as I liked certain certain characters in English, I can deal not having them if it means I get the game at the (relatively) same time as the Japanese players.

And even though ASW made claim they're not planning on adding an English DUB for Revelator, there's always a chance they can backtrack and include it at some point in time later. Wouldn't be the first time ASW lied/changed their mind on something...

Well, back to the classics I guess, but the Latin American fandom doesn't care or its happy.

I personally Gonna miss Elphelt ENG VA, she was one of the better reps of the bunch, alongside Sean Connery Slayer, Paradigm and Gabriel.

I kind of liked English I-No/Millia, and English Faust for what it's worth. But yeah, Elphelt was good too.

I know I'm late to this, but man I'm disappointed that there's no dub in XrdR, as I'd like to see how they would improve. But at the same time, I'm not too bothered with it, since I didn't like half of the voices, especially Sol's where he sounded like a white DMX. 

Sol's voice was indeed horrible and the dub felt extremely haphazard. Like it was super-rushed. Bedman for instance sounds somewhat normal in the subs of the story mode when he speaks. In the dub, he always talks fast.