Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

I think Hakumen's is the best of the bunch when getting hit by amane's astral.

Indeed. Added to this, I don't really see some people's problem with his voice filter. I don't really get a Darth Vader vibe from him. If anything he sounds more like any given Transformer, which is all kinds of fun for me. And now I wish we had a character voiced by Peter Cullen.

The highlights of the English voice acting for me are:

-When Terumi uses overdrive, he yells "Alright, No more Bullshit!" And it's just pure badass.

-When Amane uses Seijū Rensōkyaku (632146C) He occasionally says "Pay attention... When I'm teaching!" in an arrogant scolding manner.

-Kagura's and Makoto's special intro exchange is hilarious. Kagura runs at Makoto begging "Please just one grope!" And Makoto gut punches him a number of times saying "-YOU- need to die." Clearly quite unimpressed.

So yeah, I REALLY like what they've done with Haku-men's filter. He sounds positively ORGASMIC now with that deep a voice. If I did not make a solemn vow to not play Haku-men anymore (due to my inability at using him properly), I'd main him again in a hearbeat if only because of the voice used. You can hear it here (as well as others with some Abyss goodness): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y8ZD1Q4Ez9s#t=154.

EDIT: Oh wow, Bang. You sound like you smoked a few million Marlboros in between games. I am not one to usually care but damn, hearing it for the first few times, it really threw me for a loop.

I guess Hakumen's voice is tolerable here. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. It doesn't sound as bad as I thought it was in Extend.

EDIT: But Bang, HELL NO!!!!!! I like how he says "I GOT THIS" though.

Bang's voice is pretty much the only one I don't like...I miss Tony Oliver so much.

But who knows...maybe Steve Kramer will be better during actual story segment. Can't fully judge the voice actors with only one liners, attack names and grunts.

Well I finally got a listen to kramer...I dunno why, but to me, he sounds like crazed ninja...so I got nothing against him...but I'm sure he can do better in the story as LeDom says.

Looks like Terumi and Relius ain't so best buddies anymore lol.

Lovin Doug's work. He sounds as sadistic and threatening as Terumi should be.

I'm trying not to spoil myself, so I wonder why it is that as Hazama he still seems friends with Relius, but not as Terumi. Or maybe I missed something. Well, I'll know for certain months from now once we get the English version, at least...

But yes, Doug Erholtz is a perfect Terumi. Also, I will miss Tony Oliver as Bang, but Steve Kramer still does a worthy job. One last note, I'm glad they stuck with Hakumen's new voice filter from Extend; he sounds much better.

I don't really hear any sadism or a whole lotta threat in his voice, but he certainly sounds like a dick (which is a positive). I still prefer JP Terumi. JP Overdrive activation still so good ;w;

I love English Hazama/Terumi. But it's just really difficult to match up to that unhinged laughter that the Japanese seiyuu does. So for me I can go for both.

Hazama and Relius's Intros and winposes, please.

EDIT: KAGURA. DO KAGURA. I MUST HAVE KAGURA CHECKING OUT ALL THE WOMEN.

English Astral's will be a while, well maybe not. I'm sure I could do it in between these, I'll do Kagura first thing in the morning (Unless I fail to fall asleep) because it's getting late, I'll work on Relius and Hazama afterwards. I already got one request to do Azrael as well.

Everyone's Astrals in English, for starters.

Yeah, but more likely, it would be also nice to also see Relius's one for the "New-er" characters (Most likely the DLC/unlock ones, like Kagura, Terumi, and also coming soon, Kokonoe), Since most seen Amane's stuff, time to do the opposite. But can wait for that...

Edit: Oh, Gestriden says he's working on it, alright...