Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TekkamanArk

Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers

I felt like bringing it up because it looks like this one has a 1-on-1 fighting game focus. That and I like Saint Seiya and wanted to spread the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz126AfUxFE

Confirmed for Japan, Europe, and South America releases in "Autumn 2013" in the Japanese trailer, whereas this version says November 2013 without specifying where it means.

"south america"

lmao oh namco you're so dumb. Write "Latin America" dammit :v:

I'm buying if they use the music from the original series. Listening to the shiftiest included in the first game for PS3 was so painful it wasn't funny. Also listening to the newer (craptacular) voices for the 5 bronze saints was irritating after a while.

And... eh, yeah, Battle for Sanctuary was fun. Kind of.

BTW the game will be released on ALL THOSE territories in that date. Already confirmed by stores around here, who are taking preorders.

Also you made a mistake. The REAL names for this game will be:

Los Caballeros del Zodiaco - Soldados Valientes

Os Cavaleiros do Zodiaco - Bravos Soldados

:kitty:

I suppose, being from USA, i'll have to wait for the European release to import it so I can play the game in English. I still want to do so for Sanctuary Battles.

I guess i'm kind of hoping this gets a US release, because the English trailer has an ESRB thing at the beginning, but I can understand if it doesn't.

Also you made a mistake. The REAL names for this game will be:

Los Caballeros del Zodiaco - Soldados Valientes

Os Cavaleiros do Zodiaco - Bravos Soldados

:kitty:

Isnt "Los Caballeros del Zodiaco" literally "knights of the zodiac"? I'm not a native speaker, but that seems like it changes the name entirely lol.

Anyway, this game looks okay. Never was a Saint Seya fan though.

this post totally wasn't an excuse to further my Spanish.

why? only mexicans, latinamericans and brazilians love this :kitty:

you keep ur generic DBZ games :kitty:

I never gave a damn about the Naruto games, and the DBZ games weren't any good after Budokai 2. I want this game because, maybe i'm weird, but i'm a US native who really likes the series and wants to play this game because of that.

Isnt "Los Caballeros del Zodiaco" literally "knights of the zodiac"? I'm not a native speaker, but that seems like it changes the name entirely lol.

Anyway, this game looks okay. Never was a Saint Seya fan though.

this post totally wasn't an excuse to further my Spanish.

Yes, but we received Los Caballeros del Zodiaco in our local TVs since 1990.

Also no. The 12 Zodiac Signs encloses ALL the 88 constellations represented during the series, so the title (weirdly) fits perfectly.

Tekkaman:

This series' REAL language is MX spanish and BR portuguese. Fuck japanese :kitty:

This game doesn't have Asgard's god warriors. That's stupid, BTW. They're a lot better than Poseidon's generals.

This series' REAL language is MX spanish and BR portuguese. Fuck japanese :kitty:

This game doesn't have Asgard's god warriors. That's stupid, BTW. They're a lot better than Poseidon's generals.

I suppose I had heard that it was more popular there than even in Japan itself, though I didn't say anything about "Japanese is the real language/version" or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure Asgard was filler, which is why it isn't in. It was good filler, but it was still filler.

Nope, I know you didn't say it. I SIMPLY HAD TO STATE IT CLEAR :kitty:

dun care if asgard is filler. It's better than Poseidon arc :kitty:

Actually, they need to also include Elis, Dolbar, Abel, Lucifer and Artemis / Apollo enemies :kitty:

I avoided posting about this game because I'm sad that after attempting something different CyberConnect 2 went back to the same NUNS engine...

Maybe next gen they can come up with a new propriety engine ; -;

Obvious chars that will make it here:

The 5 principal bronze saints

The 14 gold saints (counting Kanon and Shion)

The 7 marine generals (including, once again, Kanon)

The 3 hell judges and high rank spectres (Myu, Lune, Pharaoh, Valentine)

IMO possible:

Important silver saints (Marin, Shaina, Argol, Misty, Albiore)

Other spectres (Sylpheed, Queen, Gordon, Caron)

Siren Thetis

Unicorn Jabu lol

Thanatos and Hypnos

lol unlikely to appear:

Hilda's 7 god warriors

Elis' phantom saints

Dolbar's god warriors

Abel's Corona saints

Lucifer's fallen angels

Artemis' angels

Other minor saints

The ice warriors

The steel saints hahahahaa

Minor spectres (Zeross, Raimi, Niobe)

Next Dimension's characters (Tenma, the gold saints, Artemis' satellites)

Omega characters :kitty:

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MAH GAME, HOMOS:

Lost Canvas chars

I am still wondering where do i can buy the latin american version -_-

In hell i want to play this game with shitty english voice acting.

I avoided posting about this game because I'm sad that after attempting something different CyberConnect 2 went back to the same NUNS engine...

Maybe next gen they can come up with a new propriety engine ; -;

But this game is made by Dimps iirc.

First off, I imagine this game will stick to the "Japanese voices only, translated subtitles and text" route. This is exemplified by the US version being Japanese voices only, because Sony US doesn't generally give full retail releases to games with no English dub (barring a handful of exceptions).

Secondly, I doubt a Spanish dub would be any better than an English dub. The bits i've seen of Saint Seiya in Spanish have been so emotionless and stunted that it seems exactly the same as an English dub would be.

Wtf man, you have NO idea what you're talking about

The MX voices in SS destroy the shitty ass japanese stuff. It's like Shakespeare...with blood.

Also, we used REAL THEATRE ACTORS FOR OUR VERSION.

I'm sorry, but you are ignorant in this matter

I don't really care if the spoken dialogue is in English, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic, Russian, or Swahili, but the absolute elitism about Spanish dub? Yeah, that needs to get dropped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clqINRtqDmk This gameplay shows that the voices are still in Japanese regardless. That doesn't confirm the full product will be that way, I realize, but this shows you what is going on right now.

Secondly, I doubt a Spanish dub would be any better than an English dub. The bits i've seen of Saint Seiya in Spanish have been so emotionless and stunted that it seems exactly the same as an English dub would be.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Fool, you have no idea how incredible good is the spanish dub of Saint Seiya or how it is called around here Caballeros del Zodiaco.

I usually don't like dubs, but the latin american dubs of DBZ, Sailor Moon and Saint Seiya are simply superior in every aspect even to the original jap versions.

but the absolute elitism about Spanish dub? Yeah, that needs to get dropped.

tumblr_lmpfj6rjab1qclt3z_zps8de5b426.gif

Is not our fault that the Latin american dub is that good

I can't comment on DBZ or Sailor Moon, I don't know about their dubs, and they honestly matter little to me, so I won't contest it. Watched DBZ and part of Sailor Moon in English. Didn't love or hate the shows, didn't care enough to go find their Japanese versions or any other dub (except I watched part of DBZ's German dub, but that had something to do with a friend of mine).

As for not knowing how incredible it is, I guess I don't. I poked into some examples of it, and my first reaction was to laugh at the fact that they were acting like they were having casual conversations with one another with the screams sounding more like mild constipation. I wouldn't know Spanish as well as a native speaker, so perhaps there's a nuance i'm missing, but emotion is hard to mistake even without language barriers, and it wasn't there.