Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kitsoru

GG2: Overture Story Translations (**Updated w/ Sin's!)

That would mean Sol is technically Ky's Father in-law...which would be hilarious.

Hahaha for Sol to give Ky the YOU HURT MY BABY GIRL YOU DIE speech? Since, as we see, he is certainly that sort of over-protective dad :P

Sol knows, and she is

or else EVERYTHING IS LIES!

Long as I have the most touching XX route, I'll always believe ; -;

Dizzy on a Necro rampage, Sol steps in to stop her, wakes up saying she had a dream about her father, Sol walks off unseen and without a word but a smirk plastered on his face.

( ; w; )7

But yeah there have just been WAY too many allusions to the possibility for it to be BS, just like Baldhead and Faust.

I thought there was a voice set where Dizzy calls him daddy or father either when the round starts or when she gets KO'd. *Shrug*

So, who noticed that Dizzy's Imperial Ray is a giant Gunflame?

Dizzy on a Necro rampage, Sol steps in to stop her, wakes up saying she had a dream about her father, Sol walks off unseen and without a word but a smirk plastered on his face.\

Yea i remember that ending. He says farewell under his breathe.

Hahaha for Sol to give Ky the YOU HURT MY BABY GIRL YOU DIE speech? Since, as we see, he is certainly that sort of over-protective dad :P

No, it just makes his rivalry with Ky all the more hilarious. Ky can be seen as a child tired of his Dad's shit.

Pretty sure Sol doesn't really care if he is Dizzy's father, it wouldn't really change the relationship much so he just keeps it to himself and Dizzy's got her own family now anyway.

And of course she has Justice's Gamma Ray. She makes her parents proud.

They should have given her FB Sidewinder in +R. I mean, except for ABA, the three of them are the only characters with Install Supers (as of Justice getting one in +R). Though Necro Install probably barely counts since she got that when she got Necro. Could anyone give any details on that part of the story since I missed it? She was born with Undine, but got Necro somewhere else... what's up with that?

Also, she has Justice's f.S, so why doesn't she get one of Sol's normals? : (

Her j.K looks close to his j.H, but that's a huuuuuuge stretch of the imagination.

Pretty sure Sol doesn't really care if he is Dizzy's father, it wouldn't really change the relationship much so he just keeps it to himself and Dizzy's got her own family now anyway.

Sol definitely cares, he just doesn't say anything because he doesn't have to, he'll always look out for her but she's in good hands. Like you said, the Jellyfish have become a family for her, much to Testament's objection ; -;

Sol knows, and she is

or else EVERYTHING IS LIES!

Long as I have the most touching XX route, I'll always believe ; -;

Dizzy on a Necro rampage, Sol steps in to stop her, wakes up saying she had a dream about her father, Sol walks off unseen and without a word but a smirk plastered on his face.

( ; w; )7

But yeah there have just been WAY too many allusions to the possibility for it to be BS, just like Baldhead and Faust.

At this point if you didn't know baldhead was/is faust, you're stupid (no offense).

But wow that's an interesting ending been thinking of buying reloaded on xbl simply for the storymode lately, Ky's ending with Sol is still one of the best Story endings so far.

Sol definitely cares, he just doesn't say anything because he doesn't have to, he'll always look out for her but she's in good hands. Like you said, the Jellyfish have become a family for her, much to Testament's objection ; -;

Sol keeps his feelings/emotions very suppressed unless he sees That Man, or those who follow him. Then he proceeds to lose his shit, I'll never forget his storymode fight intro with I-no after they talked some heavy shit; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GmpvSbFtJfA#t=177s

I think it's still pretty open for interpretation, personally (I'm not saying I'm against it, mind you; I think it's highly likely), but the voicesets you're talking about are a bit non-conclusive, she says a similar thing about being reminded of her father or something like that when she fights Kliff Undersn.

The most evidence for, imo, are her Install move, her XX ending vs Sol, and her X+ endings. Meanwhile, there's been a lot of recent evidence that would point towards her not even having a father, namely that she's been referred to as a straight up clone of Justice in both Overture and Accent Core. I still think it's a lot more open-ended than something like Baldhead=Faust.

I imagine that something like this is possible:

Dizzy: (nervous, fidgetting and blushing) Umm... Sol-san?

Sol: Hm?

Dizzy: I..I...have this warm feeling inside me... that I haven't felt for a long time....

Sol: Huh?

Dizzy: I...really want to... spend more time with you.

Sol: !?

Sin: (hiding around the corner, smug): Ha! Look Dad, she likes the Old Man more that she likes you!

Ky: (ditto, nervous): It can't be, It can't be, It can't be.

Dizzy: So...can I... call you Father?

Ky, Sin: !?!

Sol: .............."sign" Do what you want (pets Dizzy's head).

Sin: HEY! NOT FAIR, MOM! THE OLD MAN IS MY OLD MAN AND MINE ALONE!

For me whether Sol is Dizzy biological dad or not, he still have paternal tendencies towards her. I'm just thinking of the men in Dizzy's life:

Testament= eternal friend

Johnny = guardian

Sol = father

Ky = lover

Sin = son

Of course technically they're all her guardians but I just love how Dizzy tends to form deep relationships with people <3

dizzy's imperial ray is actually a very VERY small laser that travels on the ground and that's what causes the flames.

you can see sparks along the ground when she uses it during the the super flash.

Huh, I'll have to look at that next time I get the chance. Makes a lot more sense than having the same name as her mom's rotating laser move and not actually using a laser.

She's still creating a giant gunflame though. I mean, she stops firing the laser at some point, but the flames keep going right?

*Edit* It also has a FRC point, just like gunflame. :v:

She was called a clone of Justice in Overture and AC? Man, I need to play Story mode.

Man is it 2003?

With all this speculation talk of Dizzy's real father it feels like it.

This was my thought exactly, hahaha

Next thing you know people will be speculating whether Axl and Raven are the same person :v: (except that's the ONE thing Daisuke has debunked... of all things.)

Man is it 2003?

With all this speculation talk of Dizzy's real father it feels like it.

having checked the dates on the old GG stories thread, it is actually 2008. :eng101:

that said, maybe its time to restart a dedicated GG Lore/Story/Rampant Speculations/Whatever Else Thread and keep this thread discussion centered on the GG2 translations?

having checked the dates on the old GG stories thread, it is actually 2008. :eng101:

that said, maybe its time to restart a dedicated GG Lore/Story/Rampant Speculations/Whatever Else Thread and keep this thread discussion centered on the GG2 translations?

tumblr_inline_mpe0f5bERp1qz4rgp.gif

YOU KNOW WHAT!? I MISSED YOU ALL OF YOU AND AND THESE DISCUSSIONS. I thought it was over when all ArcSys does is Blazblue then these translations happen and the new GG *sobs*

Do it.