Sign in to follow this  
Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

the information is in the first post :( I even update it.

Sorry, :sweatdrop: I tend to jump into boards at the last page, but from what i read, it sounds as though Zappa may have a survival chance. I somewhat of an okay Zappa player (Blame the arcade sticks, im not used to it yet) but i like him....even after the criticism of other boards....:mad:

Zerite for a correction on Raoh: He still has his S version of darkness anthem. The other two angles were additions, not replacements. :grin:

I bait into 214S. Also, the ground bounce on the aerial H is sick. It makes coming in like that crazy damage.

I dont think ive ever baited someone into a 214S, i'm somewhere in between novice and expert but leaning towards novice still. How would you bait someone into that, and i've never really actually tried to use j.hs when raohs out...i try to inflict as much dmg as possible before he leaves of which i try to bust out his super and add some extreme pressure to the oppo. and cause him to move and then i do the gatling chain with 214S.

I dont think ive ever baited someone into a 214S, i'm somewhere in between novice and expert but leaning towards novice still. How would you bait someone into that, and i've never really actually tried to use j.hs when raohs out...i try to inflict as much dmg as possible before he leaves of which i try to bust out his super and add some extreme pressure to the oppo. and cause him to move and then i do the gatling chain with 214S.

I posted a reply in the strats thread. Trying to keep it organized, is all.:)

WHOA!!!! I just read the first post again.... and 5S has the range that it looks like it has now!?! That would make my day. Though I do miss the old Raoh combo already.

Despite all of these really, really nice buffs that Zappa's getting, taking away Zappa's knockdown ability from 6HS is huge to me. Thats a bigger nerf for the dog than simply nerfing the dog itself. And the dog was looking so good. Maybe just maybe the dog's 2D is untechable. I haven't seen any definite proof yet. but yeah f.S is looking very abusable right now. That things range is a mile long!!! Edit: Nevermind. The dog's 2D is techable. Oh well, I guess were' gonna have to learn how to tech throw the dogs 2D in the corner. Also I think it should be mentioned that it seems that Raoh's 5HS causes a techable knockdown preventing you from successfully linking it with 632146S.

eh...? What's this about Raoh getting the snips? I work my butt off to get the thunder god, I expect easymode damage... with SUPARS!!! Oh well, that super will still be useful, it only hits the whole screen and gives a flashing guard bar. And about the Dog, the new pressure with mulitattacks should make up for it, I mean, if you land 2D xx 8D that's 4 orbs, damage and a possible airthrow attempt for knockdown.

I really like all the new stuff I'm seeing. I'm gonna hate what they did to 6H but I guess it can't be helped. so his f.S has more range now eh? looked like it in that johnny vid. btw did that use to cause stagger on CH? cause I saw that in the vid and I don't think it did that before (could be wrong)

His force break seems interesting. Can you combo into it (maybe it's not worth it even if you can)? Also wonder if it has any anti air application. I really don't know though. It looks cool. I don't even really know how force breaks work except that they take 25% tension...

The purpose of a force break depends on the character. For some characters it helps with combo. For Zappa, his Force break can potentially lead to 4 orbs. You can combo into it. I haven't seen a combo with it but I head that there is one and most likely more. Like mentioned earlier its fast and appears to hit over head. Quite frankly you don't need to combo into it. If you got a good block string going on the opponent will most likely be blocking low anyways. I would then just do the force break.

Ok thanks. Btw looks like I was wrong about the f.S causing stagger on counterhit it's actually on NORMAL hit when they step on the vomit still on the ground. See 2:36 of that match against johnny and you'll see I'm right. Now that I like! You should add that to the first post Zerite (about the stagger on the f.S when it stays on the ground).

Despite all of these really, really nice buffs that Zappa's getting, taking away Zappa's knockdown ability from 6HS is huge to me. Thats a bigger nerf for the dog than simply nerfing the dog itself. And the dog was looking so good. Maybe just maybe the dog's 2D is untechable. I haven't seen any definite proof yet.

but yeah f.S is looking very abusable right now. That things range is a mile long!!!

Edit: Nevermind. The dog's 2D is techable. Oh well, I guess were' gonna have to learn how to tech throw the dogs 2D in the corner.

Losing the 6hs, i think, wouldnt be THAT bad. If you can catch the opponent with that, then you can frc and combo into a summon. That should work...

wait you mean 6HS has an FRC point now? also on CH does it just knockdown or is that property different as well? (I mean like...can he combo off it without tension or anything like that on CH)

wait you mean 6HS has an FRC point now?

also on CH does it just knockdown or is that property different as well? (I mean like...can he combo off it without tension or anything like that on CH)

Oops!!:kitty: Sorry for the misunderstanding, i play guilty gear X2, and everything on here i apply to ggx2, sorry for the false info. But i will be getting gg:slash soon enough....

You always could RC 6HS into jP or JS or something and get a summon off of it. But it does kind of make the move worthless because it is so slow, it needed something else (KD) going for it or it's just another cartwheel. And no one can convince me that there is a worse normal than cartwheel.

Sign in to follow this