Sign in to follow this  
Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

I don't think the Raoh combo is necessarily completely gone. I bet if you did 6HS 66 2S or 2H, it'll pop them back up, and you can do 236S or something from there. Might only work in corner, but thats my 2 cents about it.

You always could RC 6HS into jP or JS or something and get a summon off of it. But it does kind of make the move worthless because it is so slow, it needed something else (KD) going for it or it's just another cartwheel. And no one can convince me that there is a worse normal than cartwheel.

Well, i dont think it would be THAT bad, you can frc the 6hs when naked and use a fast poke and summon.

What about picking them up with the new downward extension of 236S? For the Raoh combo. Although the jHS floor bounce does sound tasty. About time Zappa got some moves that bounce people.

I just realized that the the new jHS property just killed Raoh's standard Dust combo: 5D, jhs, jhs, jhs, jhs, jhs. But then again he has better impossible dust combo's that do way more damage. Also Dangief that use of P/K darkness anthem to pick the opponent back up sounds pretty interesting, but it depends because that move takes a while to start and to recover from once executed.

I'm not sure if they coulda struggled out of the stagger in time to escape that or not but it's cool nonetheless. By the way...that new Sword move in the air...do you control where it goes? It looks so hawt

Yeah and now that the puddle hits low, its even more of threat. I catches so many people off guard. I don't think you can move forward and then block so its kind of unblockable in a sense. Maybe not lol.

Oh man.... Zappa has a POKE!?!?!?!

Now that would just be down right sweet..

Zappa has been just getting better.. in every game. Hopefully with all these new changes, he will get his break and be just more then a handful for anybody . I'm glad that Zappa has the unsummon move and the fact that it can be used in pressure strings.

Yeah and now that the puddle hits low, its even more of threat. I catches so many people off guard. I don't think you can move forward and then block so its kind of unblockable in a sense. Maybe not lol.

I see what you mean. I wonder if you can block it if you fall onto it from the air...which isn't terribly likely. Haven't seen it blocked yet though.

be interesting if there was a way for it to hit twice but I kinda doubt it

Edit: It looks like his new spinny sword attack in the air doesn't give any orbs. :( oh well

I see what you mean. I wonder if you can block it if you fall onto it from the air...which isn't terribly likely. Haven't seen it blocked yet though.

be interesting if there was a way for it to hit twice but I kinda doubt it

Edit: It looks like his new spinny sword attack in the air doesn't give any orbs. :( oh well

About the spinny sword move, its a good wake-up move from an air recovery.

Lets say you got caught in a knockdown air move that you must air recover out of and the opponent is trying to hit you again in the air, and you put out that move to stop the move and knock him down for a change...if that makes some sense at least...

That's assuming you get sword after you recover. Remember Zappa loses his summon when he gets hit. He may get the sword back automatically.... or maybe not.

lol nevermind guess i might as well ask something since I posted...does anyone know if his new sword move from the air hits overhead or not? hmm i just thought maybe...depending on how you can direct it or whatever...maybe you can combo it off jH crossups...or something

You guys probably already realized this but I noticed that puddle of Zappa's f.s doesn't need a counter hit to cause a stagger. As soon as the spit hits the round all the opponent has to do is step on it. I'm even more happier now. This is Zappa's only good poke. And Tiamat I don't see why it wouldn't count as an overhead.

Alright, I'm still having trouble finding a video of the unsummon, and I really want to see it cuz it sounds great. Can anyone help me with a link or something?

That was just a rumor. He doesn't have a move for the sole purpose of unsummoning. His Force Break unsummons but I don't think you are talking about that...

Alright, I'm still having trouble finding a video of the unsummon, and I really want to see it cuz it sounds great. Can anyone help me with a link or something?

And about your search if you can download a video refer to the bottom of page four of this thread and there you go.

Not a rumor, sort of the point of his Force Break was to be able to unsummon without a super or taking a hit. It just so happens to have many other spiffy uses as well.

Sign in to follow this