Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

Are you sure sword 63214H can be comboed off of 2S on normal hit? Raoh 214S RC running jump jS jH land jS jH 214S 236S->K dash in 2S 214S - 75% life to Potemkin.

Are you sure sword 63214H can be comboed off of 2S on normal hit?

only on counterhit

seriously though check that dust combo i posted on the other page i bolded it lol

his force break seems to be advantage on block?! slightly? can anyone verify this?

According to framedata, 214D is +1 advantage on block. Oh and that combo is nice, almost like the old Raoh loop. It's only disadvantage is that it doesn't work if opponent is too far from the corner, but otherwise it's a free rape. Also the combo I've previously posted, which works on Potemkin, may not work on light characters, as they seem to be able to tech out after being hit with jH 214S, where 214S hits high enough so that the fireball would hit grounded opponent.

ah cool so it is advantage if even ever so slightly =] As for that dust combo I posted on the other page it's true that it doesn't work if they are too far from the corner, so then you could use the other one I posted right above it involving jHs.

raoh dust combo love <3 and i just made this up (so fun with training mode raoh lol) throw (wallbounce) 6p jshs land 214s 214s turn your 46 damage throw into a 150 damage throw =) (damage done on sol) im gonna assume ppl know what where they should do the throw

(so fun with training mode raoh lol)

so true lol

I'll have to try that throw combo I haven't messed with any raoh throw combos yet =]

Sword issue:

I'm sure some of you noticed that when the 63214H hits close to the wall it will wall bounce them. After this happens (assume you didn't FRC) you can either be happy with your knockdown or you could do 2S or 236S for an otg hit. After these you could do 2S into 236S and you could do the H extention on the 236S to keep pressure after they tech maybe? Anyone know if this will work? I'm just trying to see if I can take some free otg damage and still keep the pressure up. First option seems better to me, rather use 2S for the otg hit.

oh yeah something to make f.S even nicer I just thought of, the low hit is obviously advantage on block so you can run in with 2P and it will be pretty hard to interrupt. What I just thought of is that maybe I can start using this as a throw setup since they usually just block if I do 2P. should be like a tick throw only not lol. good idea?

fS spit is a very good meaty attack, after a ground throw while naked and away from the corner you don't need to summon immediately now, just run in a bit and do meaty fS - you're safe from reversal dps, though it could be reversal backdashed or 1 fr jumped on wakeup as far as I checked (maybe my timing was a bit off). But if opponent blocks fS, you're pretty much free to run in and mix-up 2P/2K and throw or whatever, IB doesn't seem to help much either. SBing might render this mixup ineffective, but apart from being risky and hard to execute properly, SB can't be done on wakeup.

for the sword if u do 236s as an otg and do the h extension even if they block it, its not like u gain any advantages since the recovery of the move is so long so theres not much pressure. but the worst part is u have to guess when they're gonna tech, because if u push h before they tech, the move will altogether hit and ur free to get pwned. i dunno, i personally dont think of sword as very effective for rushdown so i normally poke with sword (5s, 2s, 5hs sometimes) and try to get in the combos (5s 63214hs frc). if u dont plan to follow up with some pressure, i'd do 236s because u can an extra orb, but if thats the motive, i rather do 623hs. but then again, now that you have the 236s frc... an otg 236s frc run in may have some good results. just thought of that just now so gotta try it when i play ppl =) and with the fs i do it after the throw only if i cant run in and otg summon for 3 orbs its not like zappa has godlike unsummon mixups, so even if they block it, what are u gonna do, 2k/5d mixups or something? tick throw may work but not everytime and people with good reactions will shut u down. i rather not risk the chance of gaining 3 orbs and summon raoh. but if u're not in the range to do otg summon, fs run in pressure is nice, aside from 2p/2k, u can also try to iad p/k/s if ur far, hs for crossup if ur closer =)

yeah I was just wondering what I might be able to do after otg...didn't think of taking a soul with the 236S...I like that...I'll have to check the uppercut make sure it's got enough range to work I don't really pressure with the sword much either (unless I've got full tension) but now that you can get knockdowns more than once a blue moon with it thanks to 63214H I'd like to make the most of that advantage. I have mostly been doing 2S after the wall hit and then dashing up to them and doing stuff. tried your throw combo zeero nice find =] it works with other summons too! surprised that sword can do 6P, S, 2H > air combo and it all works Found something you guys might like... CH 6P, force break, otg 236P 4 orbs from CH 6P/5K...nice if you think about it since you can use this combo regardless of what mode you are in...so if you have 4 orbs and you want raoh you could try this. seems to work on all characters reliably. =] another one for Raoh from CH 6P/5K CH 6P/5K > 236S-K otg launch (even on zappa!) > dash S 214S

Guys great news! according to my tests zappa's overdrive is now throw invincible! someone double check for me but I'm pretty sure it is

high cost but hey...better than nothing right?

new combo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiFR5q5cbi0

some nice stuff there I'll have to mess with it tomorrow

Guys great news! according to my tests zappa's overdrive is now throw invincible! someone double check for me but I'm pretty sure it is

high cost but hey...better than nothing right?

To tell the truth, I've never been thrown out of 632146HS in other versions, so I think it's been throw invincible in earlier episodes as well.

The overdrive is a very good reversal in the sense that it's invincible for a great deal of time, so it has its uses to pass trough other peoples large shit like Dark Angels, Eddie pressure (won't necessarily hit Eddie but usually kills the little one, keeping us safe), and other pressure supers, but it's not so great against well timed jump-ins and poking offenses, as it's slow and though it makes them whiff, careful players will recover before it hits them and then punish us on block (happened to me against Sol a million times). So yeah, has its uses, but it's not always a no brainer.

It was DEFINENTLY not throw invincible until now. I've been thrown out of it by Sol's wild throw many times. Finally I have another option besides jumping to escape tick grabs.

Wow great topic. I just picked up Zappa an hour ago and the stuff you posted is very good. I always thought Zappa was a horrible character without summons but it isn't like that. I just have to adapt to the fact that I can't link everything into 5HS lol. Blockstrign I like(haven't tested on player yet though): 2P, 2K, S©, 6P, S(f). The spit lands in front of them enabling you to run in and repeat(sure they can FD to escape or jump after the 6P I think but I just like it) Also his 6HS isn't as worthless as I thought. After a JI'd blocked S© you can go into some damn good mix-ups. Ok right now is the time to check the combos you guys posted. I can't wait! BTW one last question how do I make Zappa say mamamama. Thanks in advance!

BTW one last question how do I make Zappa say mamamama. Thanks in advance!

i forget which voice set :/

but if you didnt know by now, you'll need to summon/have the 'Three Stooges' with you...

nyuk nyuk nyuk...mamamama...

Is there a way to choose the voice set you want?? BTW, is Dog's 2D blockable? Order Sol blocked it TIWCE yesterday, that left me really annoyed >< is it one more bug? That's a HELL OF A BUG there.

I've heard you have to press and keep pressed a certain button after you've selected your char and the screen starts loading. Might be D, maybe Start or Select. Once I've tried and had the feeling that zappa got SOME of his old samples back (for backdash, summon, etc), but it was jsut after I got AC, so I wouldn't know for sure. HOS guarding Dog 2D shouldn't happen in normal circumstances. Unless he used Slashback - slashback is supposed to to guard unblockables. Then again, HOS already can just FD Potemkin's slidehead out of blockstun (after 6HS or gigantor) which cannot be done with any other character, so he might be weird with other moves. Altough I'm pretty sure I've seen him dog-looped in Game Chariot movies (I haven't played against him enough to notice anything). :?:

2D is always unblockable. If he "blocked" it, he simply used Slashback on it. "Mamamamama..." is from Voice Set A; it's the one with the intro where Zappa asks where to find Faust.

Axl once blocked my 2D too. And it was definetly NO slashback. I attacked at the same time as the dog bit so maybe there is something screwed up with unblockables if you block a normal move at the same time.

No, there's not. There's several ways to do unblockable 2D set-ups. Just go watch "Song For" on YouTube and you'll see them towards the end of the video. EDIT: After watching a Zappa vs. Ky clip today, Ky did somehow block a 2D. However, the interesting thing is that the 2D was one of those second attacks that the Dog can do in Accent Core. The kind where, afterwards, the Dog'll sit there for a moment and need to recuperate. It's a Level 6 attack when blocked. So, maybe, 2D is blockable if you do it like that. However, 2D always seems unblockable if it's done by itself, even when a normal is thrown in with it.

2d is blockable level 6 stun if its the 2nd attack of the dog when done as first attack, its unblockable basically confirming what cyringohn said

Yeah most 2nd attacks lose what what makes them special. 8D, I don't think gives you a soul 2D, is blockable (no soul?) 4D D, no longer an overhead.

Damn I just read this whole thread, took me a damn long time but I feel like my Zappa's much improved. 214D 236P is really hard timing on normal hit. I think it's probably a just frame. But man...wow. Raou touches someone and you win the match. He's so ridiculous now.

That's because Raou hasn't been "threatening" except when he was first seen in XX. By the time Slash came out, people knew what to do against him. The Dog was actually more beneficial to have. But yeah, j.HS, 5HS, and his new Darkness Anthem properties make him disgusting.