Sign in to follow this  
Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

What I meant for SBing unblockables possibly breaking is like SBing Eddie's 22HS FRC into an overhead; I've seen a vid of Chipp SBing a level 3 mistfiner, so it can go through multiple attacks apparently. Not being able to SB on wakeup is good to control it, of course, but it seems like a risky change to the system. But then, that's why they didn't add any new characters, so that they could fix the system. That's just my view on it, anyways. It probably won't break it, but I'm just thinking about it.

Well in that case who knows. As soon as AC comes out on PS2 people are going to probably practice SBing more than you could imagine. SB'ing unblockables may be a reality.

What I meant for SBing unblockables possibly breaking is like SBing Eddie's 22HS FRC into an overhead; I've seen a vid of Chipp SBing a level 3 mistfiner, so it can go through multiple attacks apparently. Not being able to SB on wakeup is good to control it, of course, but it seems like a risky change to the system. But then, that's why they didn't add any new characters, so that they could fix the system.

S'not really any different than the Parry system from Street Fighter: Third Strike. You could Parry on wake-up in that game, however.

It's moreso the fact that if you screw up you can't block if you screw up that balances it out. If you miss a parry, you get nothing, if you whiff a SB from across the screen, you might get hurt for it.

That video is of a computer SB lvl 3 Mist Finer. It doesn't go through multiple attacks, SB is used once for each hit just before it hits. You actually gain tension for SB. The command for it is 4S+H.

Than that's really good, that it gains tension! In matches I don't see it being used many times, so I presume it's not so simple to be used in battle..?

That video is of a computer SB lvl 3 Mist Finer. It doesn't go through multiple attacks, SB is used once for each hit just before it hits. You actually gain tension for SB. The command for it is 4S+H.

Still, it's technically possible. After the famous Daigo parry, I'm not going to say SBing every hit is impossible; just very difficult. It seems like an interesting change to the system, at least. After more consideration, I agree, I don't think it will break the game, but it'll become a large factor in matches, I'm sure.

SF3's parry system seems laughable in comparison to slashback so that wasn't really a good comparison imo. >_>...anywho using Slashback correctly is something highlevel play is going to strive to incorporate since when done right the reward is so great. We'll probably see alot more of it as time goes on. Probably in the form of a breakthrough match where one person is insane at it and everyone starts practicing up.

An attack must be slashbacked only immediately before it hits. If you mistime it you cannot block for the next 12 frames or something.

An attack must be slashbacked only immediately before it hits. If you mistime it you cannot block for the next 12 frames or something.

Holly crap, that's bad news o.Ô

SF3's parry system seems laughable in comparison to slashback so that wasn't really a good comparison imo. >_>...anywho using Slashback correctly is something highlevel play is going to strive to incorporate since when done right the reward is so great. We'll probably see alot more of it as time goes on. Probably in the form of a breakthrough match where one person is insane at it and everyone starts practicing up.

I meant, anything can happen. As mentioned, theres probably going to be one person amazing at it, and then everyones gonna do it.

Personally, it sounds like a damn fun thing to practice, especially in casuals with friends, or knowing you could possibly win a tournament match simply because you've got good timing on your SB.

no its good news. it has to be risky, but if your gUd at it then you get great reward.

Yeah, if you put it that way...

KA2 now is gonna really kick ass with Jam's Parry and yet SB. I hope FAB too hehehe.

These guys are so cold-blooded hehehe. BTW, still talking about Zappa... Did anyone see the unblockable that ABE did in a Johnny in a match video? Don't remember where I got it, but it was a formidable unblockable... Like he did the 2D with Dog, then dash + 6D, fell behind the enemy with j.HS, 5P, 2D, dash, etc etc. Really nice! The match was recorded by a digital camera by the side of the arcade. Don't know if the Johnny was Bleed, but he died in a beautifull way!

I saw it. I didn't save it though sadly. it was here http://tengok.sakura.ne.jp/movie/douga.htm

but it isn't anymore... they've uploaded new videos. He did the unblockable which moved the character across the screen. He then had the dog follow with 6D and IAD HS after cross-up to trap the johnny player. While the johnny player was getting trapped by the crossup blockstring (something like aerial Hs land 5p c.s) the dog had started to bite again. Since he had appeared on the opposite side of the character johnny just got thrown across the screen when the bite landed and the loop repeated over an over again. It wasn't clear whether it was a real unblockable loop or just the johnny player fucking up though.

Woops. My information about slashback was innaccurate. Here you go. Performed with 4+HS+S. It uses 2% tension. You cannot perform slashback during the first 10 frames after rising from down. The timing for a successful slashback is about 2 frames. After a whiffed slashback, you cannot block for 30 frames. Even after a successful slashback, you cannot block for 15 frames. You can however still perform another slashback. If you whiff a slashback, you can still try with another slashback again, but your guardstun will then be 4 frames instead of 2. On that note, slashback usually has a guardstun of 2 frames if you're on the ground, and 4 frames if you're in the air, regardless of attack level. You take no block damage and your guard gauge does not increase.

It was also the last round of the last match of the semifinal at evo 2k5. And I agree with Cyringohn on this one - daigo HAD to parry. The truly impressive part was that he did it despite all the pressure.

Never found it that impressive. The Chun Li perry is really darn easy

Forget about Daigo. We are here for Zappa. I want to see a vid of this new Dog Bite trap, it sounds sexy.

yea. i just watched that match. quite effective, yes, but to me it doesnt have that satisfying 'i-bet-you-cant-get-out-of-this-6Hs-2D-bite loop-knockdown-and-i-hope-you'll-get-your-burst-guage-back-in-time-but-i-doubt-it' feeling... but that's just me.

That's not the one we're talking about guys. This one doesn't need to be done in the corner. That's why it's a midscreen trap. the only video of it we had has disappeared.

Well, there's plenty of 'trap' strings that can be done mid-screen, such as throwing out a 2D Dog while performing 2K, c.5S, 5S, [Dog Bite], 6HS. That combo was in the same video.

Sign in to follow this