Sign in to follow this  
Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

usually for a good attack/block sting, I would do 2p,2k,c.5s,6p,f.5S or 2p,2k,c.5s,2hs,2k. Last parts may not combo but they definitely keep the pressure on so that the opponent can't do much at all.

I see. Gonna test it, thanks! BTW, about combos and damage itself with ghost, is it true that if you begin a combo with P or 2P, it'll cause less damage then a combo started with 2K for example, because of pro-rating or some shit like this? Because in a ABE's Match against buppa (from game chariot I think) he does a combo with the ghosts with almost 20 hits or more than that, and it causes a shitting damage, so could it be because he started the combo with 2P? (yeah he started)

i believe ghost damage is reduced again in AC... but im not too sure, u might wanna check stats on that but pro-rating (i call it damage scaling) has always existed... i dont remember whether or not 2p had higher damage scaling than 2k... i still think it definately is the damage reduction of ghosts now tho for the dog string, theres no string that has long enough block stun for the dog to recover after 2 attacks, but humans arent computers, just doing a poke string like 5p 2hs (they can escape at this point but 99% wont happen) 5p (once again can escape but probably wont happen) 66 some other poke string is more than enough time for your dog to recover. If they DO catch on that they can escape during that string (or even punish you), then think your way around that and punish them back so u scare them into blocking and let dog recover. From my opponents, they usually just jump away if trapped in the corner (who wants to be trapped with dog in front?), so i just air throw them back down into the dog =D

Found out/confirmed some more stuff tonite with zappa His k ghost toss didnt gain angle, its more like the ghosts move a little forward before beginning to drop, hence giving it a little horizontal velocity. Of course we all know how important physics is to ghosts -_- jHS with ghosts definately had some changes, im guessing lost some more block stun and blast area or just slower startup (does this lessen ever stop??) the corner trap px7 s 2hs s 236D 66 px3 s 8 hs hs, the 2nd hs doesnt hit... and i dont know why. Another time, after i knockdown, i ran up to the body, jumped up straight, on my way up did hs, on my way down did another hs (so 2 ghosts blew up), i was ground thrown in between the 2 bombs... it looked like i was still in air too. love the far S like your child, as a meaty, if it hits, i did 5s (puddle hits) iad jp jk js land 5p 2k 2d summon didnt do much with dog tonite, same pwnage except 6HS doesnt ground raoh just pwns with edgy even without the combo Sword combobility much higher... but chance of landing a combo is still very low, the combo you'll land most is still your Uppercut (ch) frc combo, the wallbounce combo feels like it only works at 1 certain distance away from wall, too far from wall no wall bounce, too close to wall, they bounce too low =\ so hell. played till 4am lol, damn

So I would guess that instead of the dog, the ghosts got nerfed this time around. =/ I guess the p ghost must really do a good job for compensating. As for the sword's wall bounces combo, unless its a counter hit, I guess FRCing is your best bet.

Just a few questions: 1. How are the double dog hits performed? As it connects or just before? Also does the dog take longer to recover after a double hit rather than a single? As I have seen some corner online vids where they were using the dog in the corner and every hit was comboing like a semi infinite but then after about 3 reps he was out of range. 2. On slash I use 2p, 5k, 5s©, 5s for block strings into dog bites/corner lock down. Is there any better/longer strings than this? 3. Can you still link Raoh's super after 5hs? I know the tension can be used in better places(raoh combo off 214s after ID/2hs etc) but sometimes i throw out a 5hs and if it hits i can buffer in a 632146 and hit confirm for the super. 4. What is the notation for Raohs new j.HS combos? Thanx in advance. P.S. is there a thread where I can post my Zappa match vids and people can post tips etc on improving my game?

I'll answer what I can. As far as posting videos, go ahead and start a new thread on it if you have some. It would sure be appreciated. Heck, it might even get added to our record number of stickes.... When you geta jHS with Raoh, what I've been hearing is IAD jS, jHS until you are close enough to the corner to do his new loop. With the Dog, when I'm feeling frisky I start working 5HS (the cartwheel) into my block strings. If only because it's hilarious to see someone get hit by that aweful move.

1. You input the command for the second hit after the first hit I believe. And yes, if you do two attacks the dog will land and then shake for around half a second before being able to attack again. 2. That block string is fine. I wouldn't go any higher than that in-terms of # of attacks when your opponent is in the corner so you can stay on top of your opponent and not worry about block push back. There are dog strats in the Zappa Slash thread. 3. Yeah you still can. Quite frankly 2S->5HS->super is a fine combo. Your opponent is in the corner you can continue the combo with 6HS followed by more attacks. 4. Raoh's j.HS: Causes ground bounce. Simply put, this is officially Raoh's sexiest move. Any combos that involve this move are automatically dubbed "sexy." This move gives Raoh a full screen loop: 214S->66->jHS->land 66->js->jHS->land 214S. However unless you RC the second Last Edgy, this combo still doesn't beat 214S(RC)->214(RC)->214S->214S in-terms of damage. Of course this combo only works if you have full tension. This makes the first combo I posted an excellent substitute if you don't have extra tension or just want to conserve. I do believe you can incorporate jHS in Raoh's corner loop but I haven't seen that happen yet. I have seen however this corner combo: 214S(RC)->jHS->214S

For anybody that normally does knockdown, 8 hs hs with ghosts, DONT do it anymore -_- Its definately grabable as i was grabbed out of it (and i was halfway in the air wtf) multiple times last night. SuperJump K ghost toss also doesnt work to keep people away from you anymore, they just run straight under u with no problems, the P ghost toss doesnt follow fast enough if u do it in the air as well. Need complete new ghost play -_- On the bright side: Dog in corner is PWNAGE. 6D 4DD 5p 2k 5s 5s, even by then the dog is already recovered and ready to rape. =D Raoh's combo ftw, 214S 66 jhs 66 js jhs land jhs 214S... took out 60% of pots life lol for 50% tension

I can't wait to do that Raoh combo! *.* And Dog seems really really, really. But that thing with the ghost's P toss, maybe you can do a Superjump and than toss it, because it seems that the higher you are, the faster the ghost falls. Can't confirm it because I didn't play yet. Ç.Ç

what i do is Superjump k toss k toss p toss my opponent just wait till the 2 k tosses finish their 3rd bounce, then run straight towarsd me, the p toss misses In slash, i used to do superjump k toss and they can never get under me because of how much the k toss moves horizontally, now its quite easy

what i do is Superjump k toss k toss p toss

my opponent just wait till the 2 k tosses finish their 3rd bounce, then run straight towarsd me, the p toss misses

In slash, i used to do superjump k toss and they can never get under me because of how much the k toss moves horizontally, now its quite easy

stop being so predictable and that isn't an issue at all. throwing 3 k toss ghosts = a waste of ghosts.

For anybody that normally does knockdown, 8 hs hs with ghosts, DONT do it anymore -_- Its definately grabable as i was grabbed out of it (and i was halfway in the air wtf) multiple times last night.

j.HS with ghosts now is unsafe? Are you sure it's not your timing? I thought j.HS for oki pretty much stuffed anything your opponent is going to throw, I whore that move out against guarding crouchers... using 2 j.HS in a row seems like a waste anyway since you're only left with one ghost.

For anybody that normally does knockdown, 8 hs hs with ghosts, DONT do it anymore -_- Its definately grabable as i was grabbed out of it (and i was halfway in the air wtf) multiple times last night.

j.HS with ghosts now is unsafe? Are you sure it's not your timing? I thought j.HS for oki pretty much stuffed anything your opponent is going to throw, I whore that move out against guarding crouchers... using 2 j.HS in a row seems like a waste anyway since you're only left with one ghost.

It would seem odd that they would be able to jump and grab you during the active frames of the ghosts explosion on oki. Somthing odd must have happened becuase normally they couldn't jump let alone grab you.

heres the unbelieveable thing i was ground thrown, when im clearly in the air yes it may sound stupid but it happened pretty sure its not my timing becuase i do the same thing for slash as well might be either because jhs ghost startup is slower, or stun time is shorter and im using 2 jhs because if u want to jump and land near ur opponent to pressure and toss out only 1 jhs, they can throw u while ur in landing recovery, and since, you only need 1 ghost at a time, by the time u shoot that one after a pressure string, the other 2 comes back.

It only takes one well timed jHS ghost to make a good meaty attack. You just have to time it to explode on them right as they get up. At least in Slash that would even stuff VV. Though it sounds like that may not be the case now. Now about getting thrown... that has to do with spacing and the fact that because of the way things are processed per frame, if you land, the other person can throw you before you can throw back. It's annoying. But it's there. If you're going to jumg near them make sure you have solid timing on the attacks to keep them in blockstun.

In that voice set, A.B.A. sounds like she says "SLAM DUNK!" in her 236S string. But anyway, yes, Raoh's 5HS causes knockdown, which can be OTG launched by his new Darkness Anthem; it can be guided downwards.

In that voice set, A.B.A. sounds like she says "SLAM DUNK!" in her 236S string.

But anyway, yes, Raoh's 5HS causes knockdown, which can be OTG launched by his new Darkness Anthem; it can be guided downwards.

i saw that combo and immediately went to the arcades and tried it

didnt work for me, which was wierd =\

i tried it like 50 times at least.

maybe coz im not japanese =(

It's probably character specific, just like how you can't OTG a 236P from an Air Throw on each character.

really? does it not work in Accent Core? it worked in Slash though D:

really? does it not work in Accent Core? it worked in Slash though D:

Huh?

No no, you can still OTG a 236P. However, even in Slash, it didn't work on every character after an Air Throw; it would whiff against certain characters. S'like how I-No can't be accidentally OTG'd by Potemkin's Slide Head/Giganter set-up in ^ Core.

The Raoh Darkness Anthem OTG may be character specific, as well.

Huh?

No no, you can still OTG a 236P. However, even in Slash, it didn't work on every character after an Air Throw; it would whiff against certain characters. S'like how I-No can't be accidentally OTG'd by Potemkin's Slide Head/Giganter set-up in ^ Core.

The Raoh Darkness Anthem OTG may be character specific, as well.

oooh, ok ok. i got it.

a bit of a misenterprestation there.

rather, failed to realize that when im playing.

But anyway, yes, Raoh's 5HS causes knockdown, which can be OTG launched by his new Darkness Anthem; it can be guided downwards.

It's Raoh's 6HS that causes the slide down you can launch from. Not 5HS. Which is why Zeero couldn't get the combo to work.

Sign in to follow this