Sign in to follow this  
Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

at the end of that video he CLEARLY does 5H (not 6H though I know that works too) into the new darkness anthem and it picks them up

No going by the video it was definitely a 5HS. Besides 6HS launches by iteself. It doesn't cause a knockdown.

Yup, that's right, new Darkness Anthem picks them off the ground. And it's not listed in the mook. Or the errata. Maybe the people who wrote the mook, don't use Zappa either... So who wants to help out checking the notes and seeing what's missing?

I do have one question. Can we really say that the Darkness Anthem has OTG properties? Isn't it really Raoh's 6HS and 5HS that have the ground slide properties (event though 5HS's doesn't seem to be appearant) that would allow almost any move to pick the opponent back up? Or am I missing the picture? POscrub I understand that you're looking for people, and I know I've been silent but I wanna help out. I just couldn't live with my self if I volunteered earlier and never got to anything because of design school work. But school will be over next week. I can go over the notes once they're translated. If nobody inserts them then I'll do that too.

Technically, yes, it's the 5HS that is what can cause the OTG combo, but Darkness Anthem is the move that actually knocks them up. Both are essential for the combo, as Darkness Anthem is about the only move that you can pull out before they can stand back up.

I do have one question. Can we really say that the Darkness Anthem has OTG properties? Isn't it really Raoh's 6HS and 5HS that have the ground slide properties (event though 5HS's doesn't seem to be appearant) that would allow almost any move to pick the opponent back up? Or am I missing the picture?

Do you also want to argue that Last Edgy has slide properties? 'cuz you can OTG launch them with Darkness Anthem after that.

Here's the easy thing to do, really. RC H, let them land, then try to relaunch with 6P. Does it launch? If so, it's a slide move. If not, Darkness Anthem is an OTG launch move.

Seriously, it shouldn't be this hard to believe that Zappa has an OTG launch move when several characters have them.

Darkness Anthem Followup K-version (downwards) has OTG launch properties. Zappa's 5HS does not have slide effect, it's a normal knockdown. 5HS -> Darkness Anthem -> K follow-up requires a CH HS for some characters, but will work with a non-CH HS on other characters. Taken from the Zappa wiki.

Do you also want to argue that Last Edgy has slide properties? 'cuz you can OTG launch them with Darkness Anthem after that.

Here's the easy thing to do, really. RC H, let them land, then try to relaunch with 6P. Does it launch? If so, it's a slide move. If not, Darkness Anthem is an OTG launch move.

Seriously, it shouldn't be this hard to believe that Zappa has an OTG launch move when several characters have them.

-_-

I'm sensing a little hostility. I'm sorry geez. It was just a question. Honestly while I was typing that I was thinking about ABA and he Key chain OTG thing. I was thinking that maybe it had the same properties that I was talking about, so I wasn't thinking of just Raoh. You could've been a bit nicer with you explaination.

Everyone quit arguing and complaining. This is good news. It means Raoh is even deadlier than before. Seriously... 5HS knockdown? New Darkness Anthem launches OTG without the need for a slide? This is fantastic stuff that actually blows Raohs game much more wide open than "fish for an Edgy RRC combo" So smile =)

Out of curiosity

Does it matter much, that Raoh's 5HS now hits low?

Fuck yes, it does. That's mix-up from poking range.

"Keep the fuck away while your shit gets confused." kind of nonsense.

yup, as if 2s poke wasnt annoying enough from half screen away, now u got 5hs, pray for counterhit so ur darkness anthem k can launch =P

One question, when Dog attacks twice he begins to shake and takes longer to recover right? When he gets on that "SHAKING STANCE" is he vulnerable?

One question, when Dog attacks twice he begins to shake and takes longer to recover right? When he gets on that "SHAKING STANCE" is he vulnerable?

thats actually a good question... but usually u'd run in as ur dog does the 2nd move, making the opponent block/push him far away to hit the dog

unless u plan to send ur dog in alone...

i'll find out next time i go to the arcade (or if someone else here does it before me)

I'm guessing the "Shaking" thing is the additional 24 frames of recovery added to the follow-up versions of Inu Kougeki moves. If so, the Dog is invincible during those 24 frames, according to the Mook. Dog recovery for follow-up moves is listed as "till landing +24". So you can tag the Dog if it hasn't touched the ground yet, but once it does, too slow.

Congrats for Zappa! \o\ I have another question... since it's goodbye to 2D 6HS Dog's corner loop, is there a new one? I've seen something like (f)S 2D loop in the corner, it seems that Zappa's vomit hits low and the bite hits. But isn't dog's bite techable? Or does it depende if the enemy's chara is heavy or light? Also, (f)S 's low hit causes Stagger only on counter? Or normally too?

The dogs bite is untechable as long as the opponent is on the ground I believe. If 2D hits just as the oppnent jumps or something then they'll be able to tech out of it. That's what I've seen in videos. The stagger property only occurs once the puddle from the spit has formed. It doesnt require a counter hit. the idea is to have the opponent wake up as the puddle forms. Then they end up slipping on it on wake-up.

I see. But I'm almost sure that light charas like Dizzy and Baiken can tech out of a Dog's ground 2D. At least in Slash, maybe in AC they left it untechable as a "favor" for 6HS being techable. Or maybe I'm totally wrong about everything LOL;

Sign in to follow this