Sign in to follow this  
Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

I've been watching more vids with Zappa and it seems he has really hard time while fighting versus A.B.A. She abuses her FB Danzai all the time, and after it hits - Zappa goes to a croner, where the rapage begins... I'm sorry if this question was placed in a wrong thread...

What question lol Both Zappa and Aba got better in /\C, according to the tierlist. In Slash however Aba greatly outpokes Zappa while she's in moroha mode, also she will kill you in 3 good combos. Zappa doesn't have easy knockdown options, he lacks good pokes and has a hard time dealing serious damage. He really needs Raoh to equalize in this matchup, since then his pokes and damage output can match Aba's, but before you get Raoh it's usually too late. Anyway, it's not a Slash matchup thread. If anything, I guess Zappa will stand better chances against Aba in /\C than he did in Slash since he has got at least one decent poke (unsummon fS) and more options to gain orbs, also his ability to knock opponent down got slightly better thanks to 2K 2D combo. According to the /\C matchup chart, this match is 5.5 to 4.5 in Aba's favor. Soon we'll see. BTW, does anybody know if Aba's FB Danzai is immune to dog's 2D?

I have no idea about ABA's FB and how it handles unblockables. Zappa's sword was decent against ABA in slash (and AC as well). It could go poke-to-poke with ABA's key. Range wise, it could match ABA as well. the ghosts weren't bad either. If you can jHS bomb raid enough you can get her back into normal mode rather quickly. She becomes a problem when she unleashes her crazy corner pressures. At that close range, she'll beat most of the stuff that Zappa has.

236P, like any decent wakeup move, should only be used occasionally. You can throw it out but use it rarily. Its not like Volcanic Viper or Vaper Thrust where you're always guranteed to be able to do it. If bad luck strikes, you'll attempt to 236P but end up waking with a summon then all that comes out is a 6P.

ABA in the corner usually attacks like a berserk, so a good option as wake-up could be 236+P, no?

I'm not sure about that since you don't always wake up naked, and if you try to do reversal Centipedes (236P) while you get up with a ghost, you'll end up doing 6P and being corner raped by Aba - at least this is what happened to me half of the time when I tried reveral Centipedes. It seems that the only reliable wakeup moves that Zappa has are backdash (not that useful in corner) and his overdrive (nothing special and requires 50% tension). Raoh's upper is an awesome wakeup move but with Raoh, you don't usually end up being knocked down.

I don't want to sound like backseat modding, but I guess we should stay on /\C Zappa topic now :P

Edit: Zoogstin beat me with the 236P thing.

Somewhat of a guess, but Judge gauntlet, Hammerfall, normal Danzai, and FB Danzai all have the samish kinda autoguard. In #R, Potemkin could hammerfall through a Dog bite. A.B.A.'s normal Danzai has the same kind of autoguard, so she should be ble to go throuhg Dog Bite. FB Danzai has the same kind of autoguard, but for an unlisted # of hits (There probably isn't a normal you can mash fast enough to hit the limit before the move triggers naturally). So theoretically, FB Danzai should autoguard the Dog and Zappa fairly easily.

That type of resistance is referred to as Super Armor and Hyper Armor. Hammerfall and Danzai has Super Armor, allowing it to receive one attack without interrupting the move. Judge Gauntlet [and possibly Force Break Danzai] has Hyper Armor, allowing it to receive any number of attacks without interrupting the move.

I've seen something interesting in a vid, with Raoh: It seems that 5HS causes Groundslide, so he did f.S, 5HS, 236+P downwards (don't know the command for it, maybe K?) OTG 214+S. From that you can RC, j.S, j.HS, etc etc etc. Seems cool, Raoh's 5HS poke seems better than ever.

as discussed before on this thread that combo may be character specific and the command is 236s -> k =) one thing interesting tho it seems like this combo will work IF the 2s was a counterhit which makes no sense i did this on a few characters, the times that it worked the 2s was a counterhit

if danzai is the ABA uppercut move, then it the force break version has hyper armor during the first part of the attack. Just fyi.

Played AC last night. Zappa is sweet. 2P2K2D236P seems like his new B&B combo in naked mode ghosts feel about the same dog is different but cool sword is free rape roah is broken as always but feels much more well rounded

Let me tell you. That new B&B is why I'm excited about AC. It's about time that Zappa had a real all-around unsummoned combo. That and 5s being a real move now. ...now I need to find a way to get this game.

relative to all the other character's bnb zappas bnb is nothing lol even his sword combos cant do that much damage, and it always needs tension

uh guys i found out something really retarded, is it just me or is f.S a LOT more rapid when you've got dog? I think you can lock them down in the corner like woah if you get the right range now...it looked pretty retarded. also...timing on the force break into the otg 236P is hard =[ once I have the game myself I'll be able to practice it but you have to do it really fast his new ghost toss with P is not that great imo (not bad either though) but against baiken you can use it after you toss a S ghost (frc?) and it will go straight up and hit her out of her new counter move where she jumps over you about his B&B, tis nice and usually stable but if 2K hits too far away the 2D is blockable. boo oh yeah guys try this out when you get the chance cause it's a fun combo (did in training mode) raoh mode bellows malice with opponent near corner, iad jSjH, land jH, land uppecut lol

I preordered AC kind of late from yes-asia.com so I probably won't be getting AC until the 8th of June.

90% raoh combo for 50% tension from midscreen =) 214s rc 66 jump hs land 66 jump s hs land 214s (in corner now) 214s soo great lol of coz this is the combo in the combo vid except theres an extra 214s haha just incase anybody forgot =p

yeah that combo is beastly it's important to remember not to connect with the jHs too high up or else they will be able to tech, but it's not hard to get used to that oh yeah sword first hit of 6H into hcbH is a combo now =] I'm gonna be liking that I think...

Yeah, linking OTG 236P after 214D is kinda hard, definitely harder than doing OTG summon after an airthrow. 6H doesn't knockdown when you hit airborne opponent (as in after you hit him with dog's 2D), but it still knocks down when used in a ground string. I was afraid that you won't be able to knock opponent down in Dog mode, except for using 2D or a throw. Sword is great, a lot of new things to learn. Too bad that 623H now prorates 80%, but oh well. Unsummon fS is awesome, I can't really express how good it is now. I figured a similar Raoh combo to the one Zeero has posted today (actually, it's pretty much the same lol) - 214S RC running jump S H land jump S H 214S, in corner you can probably follow up with some variation of 236S, I don't know, I'll check it soon. You can follow up 5H with K Darkness Anthem into realunch, but it depends on distance and it's probably character specific too. - in case if someone didn't read previous posts or haven't seen this in vids.

Ok, I finally got a chance to play AC. And Zappa's changes are SICK. Here are some of my humble impressions. Unsummon: I heart 5S. It has real range, and is a threat when the puddle hits. On top of this it actualy has good priority. Zappa does in fact have a poke now!! The ability to 2K into 2D is fantastic. Though at some distance it won't combo. Nevertheless the ability to run in and easily get a sweep launcg into centipedes is really useful as theose centipede RC combos are way easier off of a sweep then just a summon. I dub the Force Break the Dance (If you watch really close Zappa and S-ko aer danceing.... so sweet?) And it is a great new tool. It's actually pretty quick, though I was suprised to see that the heart explosion doesn't actually hit... it's Zappa's body while he dances that actually connects. But the range is really poor. But whatever, Zappa has a legit mixup with high-low now that can lead to easy Raoh either way. And everyone fears that. And come on, it isn't THAT hard to do OTG centipedes (though I con'dn't get it on Johnny.... maybe different for him or not possible?) Ghosts: You literally own the entire screen now. That P Ghost Throw adds so much zoning potential it isn't even right. Otherwise not really changes. For added fun, superjump then P Throw... you barely even see the gohst leave then it just comes out of nowhere. Dog: I've barely scratched the surface of the new options with the Dog. But those double attacks are really good. The kind of pressure and mixup you have are amazing. I love that you can throw in several of the Dog overheads to really set up an unblockable now. Sword: Ninja spin is my new favorite move. It's just too good. So is comboing into Swipe off of any HS. Raoh: Hew's still Raoh, but better and with sexier combos. Knockdown on HS is fantastic. jHS in general is fantastic. Somehow, they made him even better. I've basically been seetin up the 6HS xx 236S-K loop in the corner(off Edgy RC or jHS silliness). Killed Jam in 8 hits. Wow... Zappa's good. Rejoice. NOTICE: Post up new combos strats and stuff and I will get around to putting them into the Love threads (with credit to you).

I've been messing with pretty much all summons and so far i'm quite disappointed with ghosts. The new ghost throw is neat but I just can't do any decent combo, and the only one I can do, which is the 236S/P FCR,3/4x 2P, 5S, 5S, 236S FCR,repeat and so on just isn't worth damage wise.

With raoh I've tried this; 2HS, 236S, jS, jHS, 214S FR or whatever. I forgot to check the recovery option on training mode so I don't know if it's easily possible to air recover (when the damaged character is 'flashing' in a blue color what exactly means that state?).

Moving on to the sword,which is my fav., there are lots of possibilities.

j HS, 236 HS FR, 5S, 2HS, jS, jc, jHS, 236HS or j HS, 236 HS FR, 66, 5S, jS, jS, jHS, 236HS - this one can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZb45qYEjY

63214 HS FCR, 5S, 2HS, *aircombo* - I either use jS,jS,jHS or jS,jHS,236HS depends on what character im playing against. Before the 63214 it's possible to link a couple of moves but I don't know which ones are the best.

5S, 623 HS FCR, *aircombo* - Again like 63214 HS, don't know if 5S is the best choice and aircombo on this one isn't great.

With naked zappa it's pretty much the same from all GG, except now with 75% tension he can do 2K, 2D, 236P FCR, 2HS, 214 D, 236P and be with summon+all orbs.

I hope someone can improve/correct me, i'm new around here and still don't know much. :eng101:

yeah you're right Dangief it's not as hard to do the 214D into 236P as I thought I just wasn't doing it fast enough

Some combos:

- CH 214D (must be close) c.S jPS jc jPSD

Sword:

- FRC 62314H (near corner) dash 2S/S 2H(1 hit) jS jS jH/jD air 236H

- CH 62314H (no corner needed) dash 2S/S 2H(1 hit) jS jS jH/jD air 236H

- D > jD jD jKSKS jSD air 236H

Raoh (impossible dust combos):

D ID jH (land) jSH (land)jH (land) 214S RC 6H 236S-K dash 2S 214S

^ does 228 > 341 (with the RC) dmg with the RC on Ky

D ID jH (land) 6H 236S-K > dash 6H 236S-K > dash 6H 235S-K > dash 6H 236S-K > dash 2S 214S

386 damage on Ky no tension...wtf lol works from staring position otherwise use first combo if your back is closer to the wall than them. normally I'd just do 3 reps cause the 4th rep is really tough for me to get. you do 364 if you omit the 4th loop

Misc Raoh combos:

2H 236S-P jSH (land) jH 214S (works on ky but not baiken, not sure who else)

Those are all pretty easy and you could find them out yourself pretty quickly. The first impossible dust will mess up if you don't do it as fast as possible.

I've landed OTG 236P on Johnny after hitting with 214D, though yeah, it might be character specific (haven't tried it on like 50% of the cast yet). Some more sword JI combos: 63214H FRC 5S JI 2H (2 hits) sjS djS djD 63214H FRC 5S JI 2H (2 hits) sjS sjH FRC sjS djS djH Both need to be done near the corner of course. I wasn't able to do Zappa's standard JI combo (the one you do after CH sword uppercut FRC) after hitting with 63214H, I tried on Slayer and couldn't get it.

sword 63214hs links from 2s 5s 5hs ghost... p toss isnt really useful unless ur against someone who likes to keep his distance from you, the only way to escape the p ghost is to either block or to run in towards you, so if you're being zoned, feel free to pop some P ghosts when ur far away enough. Combo wise its pretty much the same, except now after a 236s frc you can do 2k 2d for a knockdown into pressure whereas in the past you'd have to do 5s 2d and the 5s may not even hit. And if you look at the frame data, a lot of the ghost normals gives frame advantages or is just 0, sexy =) sword... combos ftw, dont forget the 2k 2d 236s frc s (or 2hs, but s seems to hit more) js djs hs raoh's 2s is now +0 instead of +2? like it was in slash =( but overall a much better raoh. dog 2 attack pressure is too good, just remember the recovery starts after the dog lands so if you do a 4dd as a second attack instead of a 6d, the recovery is "technically" shorter since 4dd makes the dog land so much faster than 6d unsummon s is ownage

Sign in to follow this