Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zerite

Accent Core : Zappa

I kinda learned that FRC by mistake, I had counter hit on, and it ended up being that I just FRC as the announcer begins the second syllable in "counter". So every time I use it, I say "counter" in my head regardless. Weird I know, but it works for me.

sounds just like our zappa

How many CVs are there for Zappa? So far, I find 'Song for' and that's it. Is there more?

Harmony day is EX zappa and Zappano is not availbe XD Oh well...it's not like Zappa actually has that many combos anyway for Sword, Raoh and Ghost....I just wanted to see some examples of how can I use Dog in combo. Thx anyway. I will look around some more. Oh, is 200 damage cap for sword combos? I try various other way to get more damage out but no luck (with 50% tension btw). I can only get around 140~180...which seems low to me. :kitty:

I kinda learned that FRC by mistake, I had counter hit on, and it ended up being that I just FRC as the announcer begins the second syllable in "counter". So every time I use it, I say "counter" in my head regardless. Weird I know, but it works for me.

hehehehehe

superbe technique :):yaaay:

i'll try it

i think when people play zappa they become like that :eng101:

Harmony day is EX zappa and Zappano is not availbe XD

Oh well...it's not like Zappa actually has that many combos anyway for Sword, Raoh and Ghost....I just wanted to see some examples of how can I use Dog in combo. Thx anyway. I will look around some more.

Oh, is 200 damage cap for sword combos? I try various other way to get more damage out but no luck (with 50% tension btw). I can only get around 140~180...which seems low to me. :kitty:

go to youtube and type in ggxx Zappano. Then again its a Raoh combo video.

Harmony day is EX zappa and Zappano is not availbe XD

Oh well...it's not like Zappa actually has that many combos anyway for Sword, Raoh and Ghost....I just wanted to see some examples of how can I use Dog in combo. Thx anyway. I will look around some more.

Oh, is 200 damage cap for sword combos? I try various other way to get more damage out but no luck (with 50% tension btw). I can only get around 140~180...which seems low to me. :kitty:

Do you need combo ideas, or visually see how there done? We have plenty of notated combos in the sticky, so remember to use that. There are combos for Sword, Ghosts, and Raoh, and they can certainly help a match if you know them and pull them out randomly.

I have a weird question.. I only play zappa as a secondary, but this just really struck my interest. I was playing the cpu, which was using ky. I of course was playing as zappa (or else I wouldn't be posting in the zappa forums, amirite?) Not entirely sure on all the small details, since the whole scenario happened a little too fast for me to commit every little thing to memory, but I'll try to describe as best I can. Ky jumped, and as he was coming down he did his FB mine. I was out of the way of the mine, and shot out a spit ball (since I was sans-summon at the time). The spit went below him and made a puddle on the ground, right as he fell on it from setting the mine. When he landed, he went into stagger, which is perfectly normal, but what isn't normal is that the staggers duration was roughly that of HOS's DI's first hit. I didn't time it, but I would estimate it lasted at least 3-5 seconds, possibly up to 6. I really have no idea what caused this to happen, and couldn't recreate it afterwards in training, so I figured I'd ask you guys for any info you might have on this.

Hmmm... never heard of that. But it would be fantastic if it could be done reliably. Could it have been a CH puddle that the AI just didn't shake out of?

that actually happened to me many-a-time before, not just with Ky either. it happened with a lot of characters like Pot, Slayer, May, are a few i can remember. same idea too - they landed on the spit puddle. im sure all those times were CH. also, even when i waited to see if they get out of it, of all the times that it happened, they never shook out of it. however, there was one time when i ran-in from half-screen that the cpu shook it off.

Dude if we can harnest the power this elongated stagger, Zappa will be S+ tier!!!! Okay not really. =/ I haven't had this happen yet, but it would be nice to see what conditions are needed.

Don't rule out it making Zappa S+ tier just yet, the stagger lasted long enough to get an IK off :v: pretty sure if you could anticipate it happening when you see the stagger, you'd have enough time to pull it off. Not sure if IK throws like Zappa's would catch someone in stagger, but I know normal grabs will, so it's at least an option.

So is it something like Counterhit-Landing hit? Hm, I'll test it out and see what I can find out, I guess...

I'm still quite sure that whatever it is involves the opponent not mashing out. Which requires playing GG against a monkey. Monkeys aren't practical in actual matches. Still, if this does work for real, sweet deal.

I have a weird question.. I only play zappa as a secondary, but this just really struck my interest. I was playing the cpu, which was using ky. I of course was playing as zappa (or else I wouldn't be posting in the zappa forums, amirite?) Not entirely sure on all the small details, since the whole scenario happened a little too fast for me to commit every little thing to memory, but I'll try to describe as best I can. Ky jumped, and as he was coming down he did his FB mine. I was out of the way of the mine, and shot out a spit ball (since I was sans-summon at the time). The spit went below him and made a puddle on the ground, right as he fell on it from setting the mine. When he landed, he went into stagger, which is perfectly normal, but what isn't normal is that the staggers duration was roughly that of HOS's DI's first hit. I didn't time it, but I would estimate it lasted at least 3-5 seconds, possibly up to 6. I really have no idea what caused this to happen, and couldn't recreate it afterwards in training, so I figured I'd ask you guys for any info you might have on this.

this happened to me on several occasions agianst cpu eddie, aba, ky, and slayer....i posted this in the ggxxac thread in srk awhile back but no one really knew what i was talking about. im guessing its just the cpu being retarded in the game.

I don't think it's just the CPU. We've talked about it here, but I don't remember the conditions. I want to say it has to do with a counter-hit.

So I stopped keeping up with this, nub style. What should I change in the opening post?

Ugh, pretty much everything, I think.

Geez, where to start? I haven't gotten to play much GG, due to lack of competition and injured wrist (long story), but I'm sure we can update with some better combos and stuff?

I'll try to write some stuff down when I can practice again.