Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

king of heart

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but, TvC is supposed to have a loketest at EVO in Vegas. Capcom also said "working on more ways for US players to try it out as well."

Source~

Well first off to me the still look like they can match the style that the other characters in the game morph into (Alex to a lesser extent). Date isn't really consistent in what I am saying but more so look and style.

Then again this is just my opinion.

Your opinion makes no sense.

Really? Game looks pretty 2D to me. :psyduck:

THE MAGIC OF 2D MAKES ME GO GLEHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

This..

Anyways... I'm looking forward to this game. Especially if Dante and/or Virgil/Nero as well as Speed Racer are in it. Definitely want Dante in a fighting game and by the looks of it, the speed of TvC looks like it can support this kind of character :)

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but, TvC is supposed to have a loketest at EVO in Vegas. Capcom also said "working on more ways for US players to try it out as well."

Source~

Thank you for the news Cadenza, too bad I can't go to EVO though ;-; but good to know that Capcom isn't leaving the US behind :v:

but good to know that Capcom isn't leaving the US behind :v:

indeed. Especially since all the fighters lately have been releasing just in Japan. AH and KoF11 was nice, but really late =/

Okay maybe I should try to re-explain myself.

The artstyle of this game resembles a 70's cartoon or simple styled cartoon.

Characters like Ryu translate well into this artstyle due to him not standing out too much (probably due to him being so simply designed) plus he could transfer to almost any cartoon setting due to him being a historical shoto.

Someone like Dante however wouldn't because he isn't designed simple as well as really looks like a modern designed character, so I 'd find him to stand out a little more.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in the game (because I personally want him to be and Capcom eventually will) just that he wouldn't really fit in with the artstyle to me.

Thank you for the news Cadenza, too bad I can't go to EVO though ;-; but good to know that Capcom isn't leaving the US behind :v:

Agreed.

There was some gameplay footage of a location test on youtube. I'll post the link up when I get home from work today. Anyways, it showcased Ryu, Batsu, Morrigan, Soki, Gatchaman, and Yatterman (I think?). The footage was noobish as people were still getting use to the system. Personally, I thought the people should have been doing more complicated things since a lot of the mechanics look familiar to other VS games but for all I know it plays differently. Here's what I noticed from the footage. The game speed looks slower than MVC2 and seemed more on par with the first few VS games though that's subject to change once people start getting use to the system. Ryu: Seems to play like his VS counterpart. His launcher seemed to be the equivalent to 2.FP in the VS series. I don't know what the button layout is but the attack animation was the same uppercut he did. His aerial combo from the VS series looks intact but the player seemed to have a lot of problems finsihing the combo. His aerial hurricane kick didn't appear to travel in an arc like other games. Instead it would travel in a straight line and it looked kind of sluggish at moments. At one point I saw one of his SFIII chains that led into a 236 FP->shinkuu hadouken super combo. His dash covers a small distance and people were trying to throw after the dash but it seemed like they couldn't get the spacing right. He staggers for a short amount of time if he misses the throw like SFIII. People were trying to chain 2.RH -> 236 FP but it looked like it only worked if you knocked them out of the air first. Overall he seemed to transition well into this game. Just a neutral character that is noob friendly. His tag in assist is him coming out and throwing a fireball then leaving. Batsu: Didn't see a whole lot from him and he got his ass handed to him pretty easily. Not sure if his combos are the same as his Project Justice/Rival Schools counterpart. His fireball-esque move came out slow and didn't travel far. The aerial version launches diagonally downwards and multiple fireballs could be thrown. He has an aerial diving kick that travels the entire screen really fast. Appears there are two versions of this move depending on which K button (I assume) you press. One version will travel in a semi-straight line across the screen while the other version travels diagonally downwards. Both come out really fast and the recovery time is decent but it's still punishable. Probably good for escaping the enemy or tacking it on at the end of an aerial combo. I think his tag in assist was him coming out and throwing a couple of punches/kicks but I can't remember off the top of my head. Morrigan: One of the faster characters in the game. Her dash travels diagonally upwards and it doesn't look like you have control of her flight path. Her crossup/rushdown capabilities seem to be present. Her chain combos are still there and her launch is still the same. Aerial combos look the same as well but again the people playing were having difficulties nailing the finish. Overall, didn't see too much from her and she looked like she played the same as her VS counterpart. Her tag-in assist is her throwing a fireball standing for a moment then leaving. Soki: Slower than the other characters that were shown in the match. Has a sword strike special that is comboable but seems punishable even on hit. Didn't see too much from him and the person had a difficult time using him. Single-handedly cost him the match too. :l He has a super that travels across the ground but it can be super jumped over with no problems.

lol mike did you do combo into stungun headbutt which dizzies, then stungun headbutt again which dizzies again or kills?

;281095']lol mike did you do combo into stungun headbutt which dizzies' date=' then stungun headbutt again which dizzies again or kills?[/quote']

no I didnt pick alex at all but I saw some other dude doing it. Shit is fucking broken

The artstyle of this game resembles a 70's cartoon or simple styled cartoon.

Characters like Ryu translate well into this artstyle due to him not standing out too much (probably due to him being so simply designed) plus he could transfer to almost any cartoon setting due to him being a historical shoto.

Someone like Dante however wouldn't because he isn't designed simple as well as really looks like a modern designed character, so I 'd find him to stand out a little more.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in the game (because I personally want him to be and Capcom eventually will) just that he wouldn't really fit in with the artstyle to me.

Agreed.

Actually Dante wouldnt be that hard at all jus depends which version u would use I personaaly thing that the DMC2 dante would fit the absolute best and easiest as far as his playstyle tho...I leave that up 2 u guys but look at DMC2 Dante hes fuckin boss...

LAter

*snip*

Your opinion of an "artstyle" or "atmosphere" in this game makes no sense what so ever.

Your logic is beyond flawed, and makes my head almost explode in trying to pretend that you know what your talking about.

In other words, a character like Dante would fit in this game.

He may not fit to you, but your odd.

With that said, anyone going to EVO from here to Beta test this game?

With the new config, I wonder how fast it would take Marvel players to get used to the new config over a weekend.

Evo updates stolen from SRK Alex stungunloop has been fixed Mageman Vullta is confirmed, as well as the villam from Yatterman: Dojora.