Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

king of heart

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Given that even with one meter stocked, it can take several reps of an infinite before you gain enough to mega crash out, I'd say infinites are much more significant than you are making them out to be.

Also given the fact that in almost every match vid I've seen of this game that featured a character with a practical infinite, that infinite made an appearance in the match. The players in my area who play it seriously also get their fair share of infinites off.

Er, I'm pretty sure I never said infinites were useless or bad, just that they did not decide games on their own. Obviously by their very nature infinites are powerful, but given that you have a bar at the start, TvC isn't exactly a race to see who hitconfirms to infinite first.

Er, I'm pretty sure I never said infinites were useless or bad, just that they did not decide games on their own. Obviously by their very nature infinites are powerful, but given that you have a bar at the start, TvC isn't exactly a race to see who hitconfirms to infinite first.

It isn't a race to be the first to land an infinite, it's a race to be the last to land an infinite :psyduck:

I dunno... Yatterman's corner infinite deals quite a lot of damage before it gives your opponent 1 full meter, and against some lower health characters, if he can land an OTG super afterwards it might be fatal by the time they do get that 1 meter.

A metric that is getting attention is how much damage a character's infinite can do versus how much meter it gives the opponent. Does that deserve a :yaaay: or a :gonk:?

I dunno... Yatterman's corner infinite deals quite a lot of damage before it gives your opponent 1 full meter, and against some lower health characters, if he can land an OTG super afterwards it might be fatal by the time they do get that 1 meter.

A metric that is getting attention is how much damage a character's infinite can do versus how much meter it gives the opponent. Does that deserve a :yaaay: or a :gonk:?

On the first point, I actually play Yatter/Roll, so I have to say it is pretty sweet that by the time it gives the opponent a meter it's pretty much given me three so I can pull retarded crap like ending in OTG super > OTG super > OTG super for a basically guaranteed kill at the expense of pulling some of the damage out of most of the good ways to set it up (though at the advantage of being able to get it off of unblockables, which is pretty sweet).

Yeah, it's pretty retarded. But at the same time, it's not like starting the match with an infinite is common. People always want to save meter for burst to prevent dying too easily, which really makes for more dynamic play than saying 'lol infinites' implies. On the one hand, you can just say it's just a matter of landing two infinites... But it really only takes 2-3 good combos to kill a guy anyway, so what does it matter? From my standpoint, that doesn't really affect the balance of the game. Infinites are far from the only factor in the game, is what I want to say.

yeah, but easy infinites are retard :P dont get me wrong, i enjoy the game, even more than mahvel, but i feel that capcom was a little lazy when the made the game, they could put a little more effort into it, in less than a week of the release, the infinites poped, the good part is that many of the chars have bullshit to do so, there isnt too much ubalance till now

So it apparently works midscreen with slight variation

It's not really that broke for Yatter because Yatter is bad at lows. He's got lots of ridiculous overheads but his only lows are sweeps. You can always roman into infinite from them but that's using your roman and hitconfirming it is weird. This doesn't really make him as good as Chun and he's definitely not as good as Karas.

Hey guy this may sound funny but I did not know that batsu had a infinite, which I discovered today. Then I remeber that I saw that combo batsu video from breatol. which shows the infinite. That really does show how intelligent I'm really am. {that was sad to me}

How do you IAD in TVC.

ABC does a dash/backdash/air dash/air backdash. You can IAD with 756 like in Guilty Gear, but it's generally much more convenient to IAD with 7 ABC. This allows you to get super low air dashes for good overheads. Or you can just play Morrigan and not care

Hahahamazing

This made my day.

As it did mine. But it unfortunately adds to my list of games to get...No dinero makes that a problem.

As it did mine. But it unfortunately adds to my list of games to get...No dinero makes that a problem.

*cough*softmoddedwii*cough*

I said nothing. :kitty:

*cough*softmoddedwii*cough*

I said nothing. :kitty:

I've got a friend who does that, which is how he was able to play it at first. But I prefer to have things legit. Barring comic books and music.

Same here, unless I wanna try something not released in the US. That's how I played XX:Slash till I could get my hands on it here.

hey does anyone know who the person is that got dropped for the US released EDIT: never mind i found out who it. its Hakushon Daimao, this comes to good new to me because I have no idea who this guy is :?: but I wonder who the new people are. I hope one of them is Dan Hibiki :yaaay:

Too bad this isn't being released on PS3. I would rock it, but i am not getting a failure nintendo system ever again. DAMN YOU N64!!!

Too bad this isn't being released on PS3.

I would rock it, but i am not getting a failure nintendo system ever again. DAMN YOU N64!!!

What a surprising thing to hear... I can see the Gamecube and Wii as failure systems... My Gamecube became a melee-box, while my Wii became almost completely unused due to the flood of super-casual shallow-as-a-puddle shovelware that fills the market with barely any quality games to redeem the Wii... but the N64 was friggin awesome. D:

Hey all, does anyone know if this would be worth a buy even if I don't have online for my Wii?

Hey all, does anyone know if this would be worth a buy even if I don't have online for my Wii?

I say it is worth it. I was playing this nonstop when I first got my copy. And you don't have online for your Wii? Or am i someone who can't take a "what if" situation? I don't know. But it is a definte buy imo.