Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[Jul 12-14, 2013] EVO 2013 Tournament Resuts

P4 Top 8

1. Yume (Aigis)

2. Lord Knight (Mitsuru Kirijo)

3. BananaKen (Shadow Labrys)

4. Brkrdave (Teddie)

5. DIE-chan (Mitsuru Kirijo)

5. HC (Stunedge) (Yukiko Amagi)

7. Domi (Akihiko Sanada)

7. Spark (Teddie)

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/14/evo-2013-the-largest-fighting-game-tournament-in-the-world-streaming-live-from-las-vegas/

GG Top 8

1. Dogura

2. Domi

3. Magz

4. Moroha

5. Woki

5. Tomo

7. AKA

7. Abegen

Full Brackets

http://challonge.com/Evo_GG_2013_Top_8

http://challonge.com/Evo_GG_2013_Pool_1

http://challonge.com/Evo_GG_2013_Pool_2

http://challonge.com/Evo_GG_2013_Pool_3

http://challonge.com/Evo_GG_2013_Pool_4

BB Top 8

1. Delta

2. Nemesis

3. Brkrdave

4. Nano

5. ShinAT

5. Raptor

7. Not Enough Frames?

7. Xie

Full Brackets

http://challonge.com/Evo_BB_2013_Top_8

http://challonge.com/Evo_BB_2013_Pool_1

http://challonge.com/Evo_BB_2013_Pool_2

http://challonge.com/Evo_BB_2013_Pool_3

http://challonge.com/Evo_BB_2013_Pool_4

Still at a friend's house so this was a rush job. I won't be able to update till tomorrow

Anyways, post shoutouts and all that below!

Shout outs to not having a mega phone and all the salty players for being DQ'd because of it, during BB at least.

Having almost 80 players for both games was a pretty awesome turn out!

And shout outs to the EVO staff for using real names instead of our handles :V

Shout outs to the MI people and ShinSyn for giving me a place to stay at.

Shout outs to VegasWet.

Shout outs to Eiffel Towers.

Shout outs to poorly written french signs all over the Paris Hotel.

Shout outs to 4G Hotpots. (Not really, fuck you. But still shout outs because I could use it for Twitter, thanks Ama.)

Shout outs to all the people that came to EVO and supported their anime games.

Shout outs to American food. (I managed to survive.)

Shout outs to "Not even Marvel?"

Overall it was a great experience and was glad to see so many new but not new faces and all that stuff and will definitively keep going back to support my games side tourney or not from now on because it is hella worth it and don't regret it at all, learned the matchup from this year and will be back more ready next year! That's all that comes to my mind for now.

And shout outs to the EVO staff for using real names instead of our handles :V

Omg that was so awkward. I was like "EricP? What the eff?"

Shoutouts to P4 top 8 being hype as hell. Animay is not dead.

Shoutouts to shtkn, Jyosua, Xie, pochp, Bibiquadium, and anyone else who helped out organize, commentate, stream, and otherwise help out the tournaments. You guys put in a lot of effort and even though the tourney area was kind of a clusterfuck this year you guys made it all work out.

Shoutouts to everyone who came out to support the side tourneys. I heard almost 100 people signed up for BB, even though a lot of them didn't show up.

Shoutouts/GGs to Sukurabu, Jyosua, JaysonD, Taylor, TheBeautifulDude, pochp, Colpevole, Grover, the other Yu player at the Atlus booth, that one Yukiko player at the Atlus booth who bodied everyone(choseninja?), that one other Chie player at the Atlus booth, brkrdave, raptor, Schneider-X, iw2ma, Deathscythe, ehaungsan (your Ky really inspired me to get better at GG), and anyone else I might have played over the weekend, sorry if I left you out or forgot your name.

Shoutouts to my Mu bros pochp and Nemesis. Too bad C0R couldn't make it this year again.

Shoutouts to dogura's unbelievably pretteh wife cosplaying

Shoutouts to Mu-Brothers

Shoutouts to Shtkn for allowing me to help with GG pool organization and basically losing my voice afterwards

Shoutouts to eating nothing all day

Shoutouts to everyone who was hype for my first offline showup : Sukurabu, StayFree. Pochp, Zeromus, Utah-bros, and all the new ppl I met

Shoutouts to fighting lots of new and strong players~ you know who you are!

Shoutouts to playing on an HDTV for 2 years then suddenly playing on an Evo monitor-- rofl

Shoutouts to all the great operators and organizers ! thanks a ton!

Shoutouts to getting trolled by Delta despite Stayfree pointing him out like 5 times and telling me : that's delta

This is my 3rd year participating in BB @ Evo. I had a blast meeting and playing everyone. Being a local I don't have the opportunity to fight and meet such awesome players!! It was very nice meeting players like Xie, Nemesis, StayFree, brkrdave, Zeromus_X, LordPangTong (sorry if I get any of your names wrong), and all the other people I met!

I'd especially like to thank those who ran, organized, streamed, managed, and etc. the tournament. Running that tournament in that hot and cramped place made me really respect your guys' work. If things are like that again, I'll be sure to prepare some refreshments to help you guys out!! Thank you again for the great time!

Just want to say sorry to shtkn for not answering my phone!

That's all. I'm still free so PEACE! See you all next year hopefully.

Tourneys were fun. Shoutouts to everyone I met, talked to, and played.

Gonna stop being free and practice fighters again (Hurry up October, I want BBCP).

did BB top 8 get recorded? I checked both Jyosua's and Bibi's archives and couldn't find it anywhere...

Shoutouts to everyone showing out to support the games they love, for all the guys running brackets/streams and to Evo for actually giving us some space to play in this year. Shit was hemma fun, see y'all later

BB top 8 should be on Jyosua's channel. if not, hopefully he recorded top 8 for future upload like he did for GG top 8

BB pools should be on both channels, just like GG's.

BB top 8 is at the end of this: http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua/b/430163848

I also did some HD recordings, but I didn't get the first two matches of top 8. I got everything else, though. I be uploading these to my youtube account sometime this week.

I'll have social media next year, I swear!

Yeah, probably coming back. You think ACR will be out by then? Well at least BBCP is highly likely to be a main game.

Sorry, I stopped doing shoutout lists when one took me 2 hours to do. Ah, I'll gladly respond to any I get though :D.

Shoutouts to everyone I met. I'm unfortunately bad with names, so I'll refrain from doing a list. Special thanks to all the guys who played GG with me and explained shit to me. Gotta keep working on my Bridget, haha.

A bit sad I didn't get to play in the BB tourney, but it's probably for the best after my amazing casuals against brkrdave.... >_>

@Jyosua: Do you have the earlier (non-top 8) GG matches, as well? Was looking for some of Abegen's matches but couldn't find them, haha. Dunno if that was even on your station, though.

Shoutouts to the all persona players! Proud of the large turnout.

- Shouts to the organizers, commentators, stream monsters! Kevin, Xie, David, Jyosua, good shtuff.

- Shout outs to chosenninja for IKing Die Chan in the exhibition!

- Shout outs to Las Vegas scene, AJ, Munsu, Itemnazo! Representing the local scene over there!

- Shout outs to Woki for being a good pal and saving my ass.

- Shout outs to Sytha for hanging out, watching Jojo's, stream, both of us losing to Japanese in the Semis of Pool 1. :V

- Shout outs to Tari and Roy for the good laughs and matches! UUUUUULLLTTTRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

- Shout outs to Tloc for the close match! FT5 me now!

- Shout outs to Joe from Poland who took me out

- Shout outs to Pain for being hella chill.

- Shout outs to Steven SA Jin for the "cool" matches. Get it? I made a Jin joke. :V

- Shout outs to Chrome for the great GG matches

- Shout outs to the Mu army, Nemesis and pochp for murdering my poor Tager... :(

- Shout outs to BLKmage and amazing Tager mirror match.

- Shout outs to The Biter. Great HOS!

- Shout outs to StunEdge. Great matches. I think this was the first time I played you in any game.

- Shout outs to delta for winning BB.

- Shout outs to Stay free. I was looking for you, to bear hug before I left. U DODGED?

- And of course, shout out to my local scene! Travis, Alex (STAGED!!! Nah, Thx for the free 1st class tickets. It was pretty sweet.), Deniz, Dave-O, Shaka, Paul, Rebecca, James, Jason, and Heidi.

- Stay free me, for not recognizing people when they come up and pretended I knew them. Also me leaving my pair of Jordans in Las Vegas. Thx woki for the assist. :V

- Thanks to Landis for dropping us off at the airport.

Shoutouts to everyone I met. I'm unfortunately bad with names, so I'll refrain from doing a list.

A bit sad I didn't get to play in the BB tourney, but it's probably for the best after my amazing casuals against brkrdave.... >_>

@Jyosua: Do you have the earlier (non-top 8) GG matches, as well? Was looking for some of Abegen's matches but couldn't find them, haha. Dunno if that was even on your station, though.

I don't think Abegen was in the pools that I streamed, so you'd have to look at Bibi's stream archive for those. I believe his archives are mislabeled though, so you have to look at the one that says Casuals. :V I definitely recorded all of top 8 in HD for GG though. I'll probably work on getting some of those up tonight.

I have a recording of my GG pool (Pool 1 I believe) which has Abegen's matches.

I don't think Abegen was in the pools that I streamed, so you'd have to look at Bibi's stream archive for those. I believe his archives are mislabeled though, so you have to look at the one that says Casuals. :V I definitely recorded all of top 8 in HD for GG though. I'll probably work on getting some of those up tonight.

Ah, yeah, there's some footage in the casuals video. Didn't think to check that, thanks for that.

You're gonna want to watch ABEGEN's match in Top 8, it's awesome

Will do so.

Vegas weekend was gdlk yet again!

Shout outs to everyone that came down for ANIME!(and Marvel ofc :3)

Shout outs to SoCal always love seeing you guys again when I have the chance!

Shout outs to SoCal for taking BB Evo! Delta!!!!!! i mean DS!!!!!!

Shout outs to playing really good in casuals then playing really stupid in tourney semis smh :l

Shouts outs to everyone I played in casuals I didn't get everyones names(I was the Jin/Ragna blowing you guys up :3) It was fun

Shout outs to saltiness Its ok my character is god next game

Shout outs to Nano and Delta the scumbag capturing salty scrub

Shout outs to i play on CRT option select

Shout outs to i dont even play this game anymore option select

Shout outs to Xie Ragna mirrors :3

Shout outs to why did Dave switch to Rachel that match up is terrible too.

Shout outs to Nemesis *Holy shiiiiit offline is sooo different i can actually move! Good stuff on 2nd place come to offline events more or at least majors.

Shout outs to the people i didnt get to play :( next time forsure!

Shout outs to GG shit was hype!

Shout outs to stressed out TOs during bb/gg pools especially Kevin lol! good stuff on keeping it together!

Shouts outs to Kevin for not even entering me in a pool for gg even though i paid and i was right infront of you guys!(its ok though you had too much shit going on)

Shout outs to all the people i got too see again and the all cool people i met.

Shout outs to me and Raptor fast food dinner

Shout outs to AJ *fuck this its too hot ima play ragna and lose so i can leave*

Shout outs to me 1st thinking when Zeromus picked Mu against me i assumed it was Nemesis right away

Shout outs to Persona Finals. Your game is ass

Shout outs to Persona side bets

Shouts outs to finals on sun shit was HYPE especially UMVC3 Finals JUSTINNN WONNNNNG

Shouts outs to blazegreen once they announced bb pools

Shouts outs whatever i forgot to shout out (too much shit happened this weekend)

Shout outs to shout outs

i'm not much for shoutouts, but i'll just say thank you to everyone for showing support for your games, and EXTRA special thanks to everyone who helped run the tournament or brought equipment or antyhing else to help me not go insane from stress. i'm pretty sure this is the least amount of games i've played at an evo ever

to future evo side tournament organizers i reocmmend getting the following equipment:

*whiteboards + stands or hangers per pool to write down who's on deck for matches as well as what pool. too many people didn't realize what pool they are in until they either we try to call them (time consuming) or get dq'ed

*call/text everyone in a pool 15 min before a pool starts so they start heading down immediately

*a printer so it's easier to get papers to everyone and to cut down on handwriting errors

*megaphone is also useful so you don't lose your voice, but don't use this too much or else everyone's brains automatically filter out the megaphone

note: future evo side tournament organizers include myself! i'm not saying i'm NOT going to run them again, but i'm not saying that i will either! /mystery

Shoutouts to shtkn for running the entire thing, and somehow not going insane.

Shoutouts to ehuangsan for showing me that I really need to learn how to handle a sick rushdown Ky.

Shoutouts to hellmonkey for forgetting that we've played GG before, years ago.

Shoutouts to Hellsap for the many great casual matches, while everyone else was off caring about Marvel for some reason.

Shoutouts to AKA, Ludwig Van, Zer0kage, and DaiAndOh for being cool peeps.

Shoutouts to the small army of Naotos that were wandering around.

Shoutouts to Adelheid, DaiAndOh, and Amadeous for showing up at the GG station as my ride was leaving. (We'll play some other time. And in retrospect, I should've just asked for a quick marathon session...)

Shoutouts to everyone I know from NorCal, PNW, LV, and AZ. West coast, best coast.

And finally, Shoutouts to SoCal. You guys are the best. And see you soon.

Yoooooo EVO was so fun again.

Shoutouts to all i met for anime games, all anime games, casual and tournament. (too many to name, so much talking and trolling being had)

Shoutouts to Stunedge for styling on me match in 8 am P4U pools, and not buying me drinks like he said he would.

Shoutouts to the Atlus booth where i wasted a lot of time on KoF and P4U. Also giving sticks away and giving me a sweet KoF OST.

Shoutouts to making it out of Marvel pools. Anime games make you good at America's best game? WHY AREN'T THE JAPS SO MUCH BETTER?

Shoutouts to the Buffet of Buffets and me eating until i hating myself, meaning my goal was fulfilled. Also for the waitress telling me to steal the glass, and i did.

Shoutouts to me NOT making it to the anime suite even after a bunch of dudes tried to get me to go, i was too fat to want to game..... sorry guys. (Ludwig VAN, Phor, etc) I'm ass at Akihiko The Game anyway.

Shoutouts to the Chaos Code casuals on finals day. Whoever brought it and whoever let me use that stick for like hours. Game was more fun than i'd thought, i want it.

Shoutouts to me asking where Aquapazza is while standing right by all the set ups for it, and still not playing it.

Shoutouts to the BB/GG Side tournament. Fun seeing all you guys again, Stay Free, Zeromus, Zer0kage, etc.... also me landing sick FRKZ combos i haven't even tried in like a year.

Shoutouts to BBCP not being here when i was told it would be and now i'm sad panda.....

SHOUTOUTS TO JUSTIN WONG

Loves you all.

Shoutouts to shtkn for running the entire thing, and somehow not going insane.

Shoutouts to ehuangsan for showing me that I really need to learn how to handle a sick rushdown Ky.

Shoutouts to hellmonkey for forgetting that we've played GG before, years ago.

Shoutouts to Hellsap for the many great casual matches, while everyone else was off caring about Marvel for some reason.

Shoutouts to AKA, Ludwig Van, Zer0kage, and DaiAndOh for being cool peeps.

Shoutouts to the small army of Naotos that were wandering around.

Shoutouts to Adelheid, DaiAndOh, and Amadeous for showing up at the GG station as my ride was leaving. (We'll play some other time. And in retrospect, I should've just asked for a quick marathon session...)

Shoutouts to everyone I know from NorCal, PNW, LV, and AZ. West coast, best coast.

And finally, Shoutouts to SoCal. You guys are the best. And see you soon.

Was good catching you. Sorry to disappoint you with my character choice though :(. Ah well, ggs in VSav!