Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Soul Calibur II: HD Online

You forgot Algol, Amy, and Kilik. Algol had derp juggles, as well as infinites before the game got patched. Kilik had Asura Dance. Amy is the epitome of bullshit and, to me, showed how low SC had fallen over the years. Her hitbox was too goddamn small, her attacks had stupid priority and came out faster than anyone else's, and her moveset was fucking ridiculous and looked like anime fencing.

All of the reasons you stated for Amy being bullshit are actually the reasons she's my favorite character? Does this make me a terrible person?

As long as we're talking about other iterations of characters I want SC3 Tira back, no more of this jolly and gloomy silliness . :v:

All of the reasons you stated for Amy being bullshit are actually the reasons she's my favorite character? Does this make me a terrible person?

No.

Replacing the X-Mac avatar makes you a terrible person. :v:

You forgot Algol, Amy, and Kilik. Algol had derp juggles, as well as infinites before the game got patched. Kilik had Asura Dance. Amy is the epitome of bullshit and, to me, showed how low SC had fallen over the years. Her hitbox was too goddamn small, her attacks had stupid priority and came out faster than anyone else's, and her moveset was fucking ridiculous and looked like anime fencing.

Algol, even when he was broke, could only do those on bog characters and IVY, and took a very starter that nobody could land. So even when it was there you rarely saw it in play.

Amy...... ya. I understand your hate and distaste for her. I was there for SC4 Nationals and Thuggish-Pond taking that shit with Amy while everyone else was still on the Hilde train.

Kilik has Asura Dance in SC3. That move is great, but it's unsafe as fuck. As should most great moves be. It's a 3D game SHORYUKEN, and it makes sense. Why complain about that when he could FotD into AD for a ring out from half screen on a lot of stages?

SC3 is as in every way, twas the joke of the 3D fgc for years and it deserved it. God it was terrible..... guess i am glad SC2 was chosen then lol

No.

Replacing the X-Mac avatar makes you a terrible person. :v:

You know until just now I thought I was the only one who liked my corny joke. Seriously I feel bad for having this Plat av now. :(

Good God, I want this. I didn't play 3, but 2 was easily my favorite. It just sucked because I'd rarely find anyone to sit there and play it with me, and single player fighting games get old fast.

I liked SC5 idk why people said it was the worst of the series. Q_Q

Wait, what!? lol, who's saying that? Anyone that does hasn't played the game on a semi-serious level, 5 is the best the series has been in quite sometime, however I do feel they ruined it some with the frequent and odd patching choices.

The people i talk to about SCV are mad because their characters got taken out and replaced with "Clones" and alot of bitching about the story mode not really having anything and how they hate how CAS is dominating the game somehow and they always praise SCIV

Well praising 4 is just awful lol, literally all 4 brought to the table was Hilde [which I thank it for, but outside of that it was just a bad game]. To anyone who cries that their character didn't make it in, try being an avid player of KoF and NOT using someone who was in '94 :s I do agree that there were far too many Shape-shifter characters [really gender specific ones? Come on Bamco] and that CaS really is taking away TOO much focus from the core of the game and series as a whole.

Yeah Story was ass, and single player content in general is slipping, which is weird for a Soul game since they were once KINGS at that, but the story PLANNED for 5 sounded amazing... All we can do is hope the next game receives the time and budget is deserves, the next step to that will be buying 2HDO.

You have talked to some people with strange opinions, it seems.

I can kinda agree with the random character switching and replacements, but gameplay wise 5 is the best of the series.

The only thing I hate about SC5 is the online community that isn't affiliated with 8WayRun or any other competitive fighting game site. They're all a bunch of casual-ass scrubs who make dumb rooms with retarded rules like "NO BLOCKING/SPAMMING/THROWING/RINGOUTS/PLEASELETMEWINBECAUSEMYEGOISASSMALLASMYDICK" or "CAS/MICS ONLY BECAUSE I HAVE NO FRIENDS AND FUCK THE REGULAR CHARACTERS LET'S PLAY WITH ORIGINAL DEVIANTART CREATION DO NOT STEAL".

They ragequit like crazy when you actually use PROPER tactics on them, and if it's a Player Match, you WILL be kicked afterwards. Fuckin' A.

The only thing I hate about SC5 is the online community that isn't affiliated with 8WayRun or any other competitive fighting game site. They're all a bunch of casual-ass scrubs who make dumb rooms with retarded rules like "NO BLOCKING/SPAMMING/THROWING/RINGOUTS/PLEASELETMEWINBECAUSEMYEGOISASSMALLASMYDICK" or "CAS/MICS ONLY BECAUSE I HAVE NO FRIENDS AND FUCK THE REGULAR CHARACTERS LET'S PLAY WITH ORIGINAL DEVIANTART CREATION DO NOT STEAL".

They ragequit like crazy when you actually use PROPER tactics on them, and if it's a Player Match, you WILL be kicked afterwards. Fuckin' A.

Being honest, your reaction isn't any less pretentious. Everyone's free to like or dislike things as they please, but your childish reaction to people wanting to use mics or original characters is on par with the things you're bashing. If people want to talk or use original characters, why can't they? Who are you to tell them they can't or shouldn't? Rules can be silly sometimes, but people are indeed free to play as they want to. That means you can play your way, but they can play theirs too. It's not how I want to play either, but why can't they if they want to and find like-minded players? Not everyone has to be competitive and use tournament setups.

I'm also a SC4 lover. Mechanically it was the most sound, the most balanced (lol Hilde. Algol's not even that bad, it's Sophitia and Amy you should be mad about.) and had the least bugs. The armor gauge induced panic but wasn't overwhelmingly powerful either. Single player sucked, but it had pretty good online so w/e. I like 5, but some of the mechanic choices just don't make sense, like parry taking meter and the ridiculous amount of just frame attacks in the game and random clean hits. Three though. Three was so frustrating because it had the best everything outside of gameplay. It had the best single player, the best music, the best stages, arguably the best CaS, that worthless-but-still-fun-for-some-people Soul Emblem campaign, and the most characters and alternate costumes, but the gameplay was riddled with problems. There were so many stupid, frustrating bugs in that game I swore off Soul Calibur entirely for years after trying to play that game seriously. The dumb throw infinites weren't even the worst thing. At least those were consistent. It was simple stuff like my sword going clean through the opponent during a critical moment and nothing happening that pissed me off. This didn't happen in 4 at all, but came back a little bit in 5.

That said, I'm looking forward to this.

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. today announced more details about SOULCALIBUR II™ HD Online, which will be soon available as an Arcade game on Xbox Live® online entertainment network from Microsoft and via the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The company is proud to please the fans of the series as the two legendary heroes, SPAWN and HEIHACHI, originally exclusive guest characters for each platform, will be for the first time ever playable on both platforms, Xbox®360 and PlayStation®3.

SOULCALIBUR II™ HD ONLINE will be available for download this autumn 2013 on Xbox Live® and via the PlayStation®Network.

6lrY5Cb.jpg

Hope everyone with XBL is ready for my Spawn.

Haaaa.

Good to know they're working to make this the definitive version of the game even as far as the roster goes. At long last, Heihachi vs. Spawn matches will be a reality! I still have serious doubts Link is gonna make it in, but it'll be cool to have everybody else.

1. Yes, will DL this on XBLA (not PSN yet, double grindfest would take a long while...), would really like to "Martian", but I got other plans, lol.

2. Cost will be $20 US, but prices will vary in other countries. Take note, "Proxy".

New trailer is out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vq7R8nTtz8

With launch day coming up, is anyone else planning on downloading it on Wednesday? I was thinking of hosting a launch night lobby for a few hours and was wondering if any of you gentlemen would care to join me.

I'll probably be down. I haven't touched the series since SC2 though, but I have fond memories.