Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Soul Calibur II: HD Online

1. Yes, will DL this on XBLA (not PSN yet, double grindfest would take a long while...), would really like to "Martian", but I got other plans, lol.

2. Cost will be $20 US, but prices will vary in other countries. Take note, "Proxy".

lol.. okay you got me.. its just actual psi.. except more artificial.

thanks for the information, i'll be ready for that exclusive room on wednesday..

just keep me/(us) posted with the details.

I assume most people here are getting this for PSN if given the option, right? It would suck to divide what's sure to be an already small online scene.

Not to mention trophies/acheivements (hope the game has it)

Oh, it will have it (as with most Games this/next gen have these days.), And yes, both ver. will have a similar get all achs/trophies (Plat. for PS3/100% for 360). So yeah, lol. :v:

But it has online. Totally worth the price.

And all the associated unlocks/modes/etc. in it too. Will be another total worthy grindfest, lol. :kitty:

And all the associated unlocks/modes/etc. in it too. Will be another total worthy grindfest, lol. :kitty:

Speaking of ~ It's been a while since I've had to take the top 3 leader-board slots in every arcade console on the west side of Columbus

Can we get a post stating the methods of unlocking (at least) the hidden characters?

If not for HD then for the old official game.

Can we get a post stating the methods of unlocking (at least) the hidden characters?.

Oh, it'll be the same anyways (I hope), a little searching and...(Most unlock are from clearing certain chapters in Weapon Master.)

Yoshimitsu: Beat WM Chapter 2

Charade: Beat WM Chapter 3, Stage 1

Cervantes: Beat WM Chapter 3

Sophitia: Beat WM Chapter 4

Seung Mina: Beat WM Chapter 6, Stage 3

---

Assassin: Beat WM Subchapter 3-Stage 2

Beserker: Beat WM Subchapter 1, Extra Mission

Lizardman: Beat every stage in Weapon Master, including extra missions

Some stuff people have been finding out.

-No Dual Audio (only English voices).

-Netcode seems to fluctuate at times but overall it is good.

-Intros and winposes cannot be skipped online apparently.

-Default setting for ranked match is 2 rounds, 50 seconds. Both can be changed in player match.

-Unlockable characters and stages must be unlocked to use them online.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle

Not to mention, a minor inconvenience (although, very annoying to me)

- No longer can you use the trigger block as an alternate to the pad block while making grabs. (As you could in the DreamCast version)

/edit

- There also doesn't seem to be any pre-match options (making the portrait talk at the VS loading-screen) during online matches.

-Netcode seems to fluctuate at times but overall it is good.

Is it? I've heard connection quality is pretty spotty for a lot of players who generally had no issues with online matches in SC5. Not sure if the general opinion has changed or if the folks I talked to were simply unlucky.

I guess I don't know as much about netcode as I previously thought. Between this and Plus R, I'm starting to think that adding online functionality to older games that weren't built around an online infrastructure is hellaciously challenging, even for developers who know what they're doing when it comes to this sort of thing.

Messing around with code that's already been written is hard as hell in general. I'm not surprised.

Alright, finally re-unlocked everything and played at least 20 onlin matches. Here's some stuff.

+Single player content is exactly the same as the original game.

+It's in high resolution and widescreen.

-No Japanese voices, which sucks because this game had the best performance from the original cast before half the characters got replaced with shitty soundalikes in SC4.

-Online play, which is primarily what you're paying for, has a lot of problems.

-No lobbies, only Player/Free Matches.

-Cannot rematch opponent in Player Match, sends you straight back to the menu.

-Cannot accept or decline challenges (once a match is made you're instantly put into the game).

-Cannot see the opponent's connection.

-Cannot skip intros or winposes.

-Search settings do not save, always resets to default settings.

-There's a FUCKTON of sound glitches. The music doesn't loop properly, you'll sometimes get random popping/clicking noises (particularly when fighting Inferno), hitting the opponent after a KO will make their scream randomly play at a louder volume or have more of a mechanical resonance, the announcer's speeches at the beginning of a match will sometimes continue to play after skipping the intro scenes, and on the PS3 the character select music briefly plays at the wrong pitch at the beginning before leveling out. Oh, and for some reason Raphael has his lines when fighting Link in his character profile instead of the ones he has when fighting Spawn or Heihachi, they're mislabeled as being for his vs. Heihachi lines ("If you're eager to die, that's fine by me." plays the "Watch quietly and learn" quote), and he also doesn't have the lines when fighting Spawn in his profile ("Phantom, what do you want of me?").

I came prepared to bitch why they'd re-release II instead of III but... Reading Vulcan422's post just above, I'm just going to say: WTF Namco?

I came prepared to bitch why they'd re-release II instead of III but... Reading Vulcan422's post just above, I'm just going to say: WTF Namco?

Yep, same shit also happens on 360 version too, but yeah, I wouldn't say is a shitty port, but besides the tacked-on Online which only works whenever necessary (and some stuff Vulcan mentioned), everything else with the Offline modes are intact though. (Also not much of a pet-peeve, but you can't see/highlight/press the "CV" button for Char. Profiles, since dual audio isn't there, and also, no playable Inferno, despite the PSN store showing images of him being playable outside his stage and chars. being in his stage without him, probably was for beta testing or something.)

(Also not much of a pet-peeve, but you can't see/highlight/press the "CV" button for Char. Profiles, since dual audio isn't there, and also, no playable Inferno, despite the PSN store showing images of him being playable outside his stage and chars. being in his stage without him, probably was for beta testing or something.)
That's a real bullsh*t bonus, every game (and I mean EVERY GAME) in the series had dual audio included in the original release. The Inferno case, he's not really special as he's just another Charade, but misleading advertising just sucks.

I haven't played this yet (jumped into AquaPazza instead), but I hear a lot of people complain about not being able to skip intros online. Isn't the intro period where 99% of online fighters stabilize the connection before the fight starts? You shouldn't be skipping it anyway.

Exactly, but not a lot of people have patience to wait, and just want to get straight to the fight instead. And if that's the case with them, then they should be playing offline with a group of friends over instead, so they don't have to deal with that.

I understand now.. this game actually sustains itself by consuming my tears ~ :cry:

Coincidently, does anyone know at which level that you stop earning weapons in 'Weapon Master' mode?

I'd really like to get this trophy and be done with it, already.

I understand now.. this game actually sustains itself by consuming my tears ~ :cry:

Coincidently, does anyone know at which level that you stop earning weapons in 'Weapon Master' mode?

I'd really like to get this trophy and be done with it, already.

You have to buy the weapons in each area using the shop system. Certain areas are only accessible after completing Weapon Master once and doing the extra missions, and the very last area requires you to be level 72 and beat Chapter 4 Mission 3.