Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Samifish

The Southern California Guilty Gear Thread!

Hello there! My name is Sami Nash, or Samifish, and my favorite game is Guilty Gear.

I started this thread to have a start place for people who want to play Guilty Gear in So Cal. I know that there is a lot of people who are looking to play Guilty Gear on a consistent basis or pick up/try Guilty Gear, so hopefully this thread can help you with any questions you may have regarding Guilty Gear in the So Cal scene.

The problem with Guilty Gear in So Cal is the lack of a "hub", or a general idea of a place and time where people would get together. I am here to get working on getting things organized for people so that the is no confusion on when and where you can find Guilty Gear.

We are looking to have Guilty Gear to be a part of The Runback line up at Super Arcade in Walnut, California. I have talked to Watson and he is considering it, but we need to make sure that he knows people are interested! So if you can, it would be great if you can come out and help support this scene!

I will be bring a set-up every Thursday I can, and hopefully I can find a way to leave a copy of Guilty Gear at Super Arcade when I cannot make it. But regardless, I will be working hard to help this scene grow, and maybe we can even get this beautiful game into Evolution 2014!

If you are new to the game and would like to pick it up, come on down and Super Arcade's family will be more than willing to get you started playing this fantastic game. If you do not have the time for that, I will suggest these videos made by Klaige (massive shoutouts), which will definitely help you understand how the game generally works and a full breakdown of all the characters abilities and play-styles.

Guilty Gear 101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbcHwCuZr4E

Character Breakdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MvSe_zb5T0

If you have any other questions regarding the scene, the game, or anything pertaining to the subject, you can leave a question here and Ill get back to you as soon as possible, or you can just send it to @1KSamifish (my personal twitter) or @SoCalGuiltyGear (dedicated to the expansion of the Guilty Gear scene in So Cal).

I hope to share my favorite game with more friendly faces soon.

It has come to my attention that despite your warm efforts to unite a GG scene in your region, there already exists a Southern California social thread on the second page of this sub forum.

That only means that this thread in its existence (not necessarily it's contents) should not be, a mod/admin will be here shortly to deal with it, but you can go to said pre-existing thread and make the exact same post. Best of luck in your endeavors.