Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Axl

Well, even if it's reactable, there are a lot of frame traps you want to just keep blocking for, so it's hardly worth trying to jump it unless it's neutral and you know it's coming, which is unlikely.

Eh, a lot of frametraps rely on people thinking they can jump it on reaction. Honestly, it's just a bad habit.

double post? :psyduck:

anyway isn't on real matchup is always goes like that? having more option would be better right? and frametrap is one of the problem that we need to predict & react to... no?

double post? :psyduck:

Eheh. Oops. Internet was being wacky.

anyway isn't on real matchup is always goes like that? having more option would be better right? and frametrap is one of the problem that we need to predict & react to... no?

Er, no. Thinking you can react to a rensen is the BASIS for a frametrap. The most common one is 2P-->Rensen. Even if the 2P hits, you should be able to block the rensen from most distances, but people don't. They try to jump, or do something, and they get knocked down.

got another Axl matchup last week ...

Dude, SB that shit, its easy. the moment you see 2HS, you can prepare yourself for the 6HS. Then just use SB trick with from going from crouch into stand + SB or just do crouch, at last moment stand + SB (works for me too), then punish w/ 5K, etc.

That gatling is dead for Axl, shouldnt even do it or get away for free w/ it.

:thumbu: ... u won't do many SB thought u literally said he's dead after :yaaay:...

and i'm not realy certain if there's safer option just by IBing the 6hs but i think she would able to slip in 2k after it...

errr what the hell SBing the 6hs was easy enough to do

@DW : err... i agree with your post now, reacting to rensen is hard. it's easier for me to just block and create some space

and another question about opening the match

Axl - Dizzy

2h < 5h

counter stance < dash throw

5p < duck, whatever u want to do then

cross up overhead (the special not 6hs) ... -> i just can't get the timming to air throw him by reaction... any tips?

Against the 63214S cross up move at match start, a neutral jump straight up then 4 or 6 plus HS for air throw should be able to catch AX as he moves diagonally upwards through the air.

Axl - Dizzy

2h < 5h

As an Axl player, I see no reason to try 2H at match start v. Dizzy. It's mainly for characters that will try to backdash at the start.

counter stance < dash throw

Correct, however, to get Axl to start countering at match start, you'll have to do some counterable stuff that's faster than 8 frames to condition him to do it (Don't get me wrong, it happens a TON). The reason I say faster than 8F is because f.S will hit you out of anything slower, and frankly, if you do anything slower, an Axl who decides to just wait and see can counter you on reaction.

5p < duck, whatever u want to do then

Axl should not throw 5P at match start unless he expects you to jump (If he has good reaction time, he should see you jump before hitting the button)

cross up overhead (the special not 6hs) ... -> i just can't get the timming to air throw him by reaction... any tips?

Just block it. It's your advantage, especially if you IB it. To airthrow it, you'll often be guessing and jumping right away, which will get you hit if Axl throws a 6K instead. In fact, this is a very common conditioning trap that Axls try to use against basically every character, since it nets him a good 35-50% (character-dependant) damage for nothing and is completely unavoidable if he guesses right (you have no meter to faultless at round start).

Also, two match start options you're not taking into account are f.S and 3P, which I'd say are actually the two best and most common moves for Axl to throw out.

Against the 63214S cross up move at match start, a neutral jump straight up then 4 or 6 plus HS for air throw should be able to catch AX as he moves diagonally upwards through the air.

thx i'll take that into account

As an Axl player, I see no reason to try 2H at match start v. Dizzy. It's mainly for characters that will try to backdash at the start.

Correct, however, to get Axl to start countering at match start, you'll have to do some counterable stuff that's faster than 8 frames to condition him to do it (Don't get me wrong, it happens a TON). The reason I say faster than 8F is because f.S will hit you out of anything slower, and frankly, if you do anything slower, an Axl who decides to just wait and see can counter you on reaction.

Axl should not throw 5P at match start unless he expects you to jump (If he has good reaction time, he should see you jump before hitting the button)

Just block it. It's your advantage, especially if you IB it. To airthrow it, you'll often be guessing and jumping right away, which will get you hit if Axl throws a 6K instead. In fact, this is a very common conditioning trap that Axls try to use against basically every character, since it nets him a good 35-50% (character-dependant) damage for nothing and is completely unavoidable if he guesses right (you have no meter to faultless at round start).

Also, two match start options you're not taking into account are f.S and 3P, which I'd say are actually the two best and most common moves for Axl to throw out.

the last 2 moves have never been used by him :gonk: ... and most of the time it's me who react on what he's doing

the special cross up actualy i do it on reaction... i would never guessing something at the start of the match that can lead to 50% of my life bar (and don't lie it's definitely 50% health for Dizzy lol)... Dizzy mid air hit box is a whack!:I:

and regarding how to counter it, when i give up trying to air throw him, i do reverse back dash and dash in 2h for ch ... well either way may lead to his premature death

and regarding how to counter it, when i give up trying to air throw him, i do reverse back dash and dash in 2h for ch ... well either way may lead to his premature death

You can also use a j.H against the 63214S attempt for a CH and then follow up with a combo for KD as an option to counter it.

the last 2 moves have never been used by him :gonk:

Tell him he should use them more. They're the most solid ways to start a match as Axl.

If it works for you, go for it! I say block just because it's the easiest and still gets you a nice punish, but if reverse backdash can be done on reaction, do it! Remember all you have to do to beat Axl with dizzy is get a knockdown and keep pressure afterwards.

You can also use a j.H against the 63214S attempt for a CH and then follow up with a combo for KD as an option to counter it.

Again, that's risky as hell. Axl COULD do that and get hit, but if he doesn't? You're in the air with no meter. Goodbye 50% life.

Again, that's risky as hell. Axl COULD do that and get hit, but if he doesn't? You're in the air with no meter. Goodbye 50% life.

One thing I've got going for me so far is that the AX player I play against doesn't convert for big damage often with AA attempts.

I'm not gonna go for the aerial counter unless I recognize the condition when it presents itself. If it works out for me, great. If it doesn't, that's good for my opponent. Whether he makes good on the follow up opportunity for damage because of my failed attempt is up to him in the end. There are times that he and I both 'know' that he should've been able to follow up something with a combo for good damage, examples being AA to air combo or something into a Bomber Loop. From my POV it looks like the follow up isn't executed properly and results in a dropped combo, which is probably attributed to nerves and execution that isn't on point at that moment in time. If I am able to escape or suffer less damage in those instances, I'll take what I can get lol.

Yeah, Axl Bomber is level 5 attack with barely any recovery, so un block, just chill and let him do a pressure string until you have a better opportunity to break out. 6H can be hit out of if you react to it, but he can only continue to pressure at close range. If he hits you with the tip of it, you can prolly get out of it very easily.

Oh, and I missed this earlier, but Axl bomber isn't lv. 5.

It's level 6, and has 25F blockstun against standing block.

got another Fight with this same Axl

note taken :

-. iad 2s is good, she can punish anything Axl throw with it

Well, not ANYthing... but a lot, yeah.

-. ib the jh, backdash the bomber

Also laugh at the Axl player still trying to get that lame string off.