Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

J-Stars Victory VS

[still really disappointed in Dark Tournament Yusuke]

I guess they didn't want the two characters to look too similar in terms of color scheme, maybe? I'm hoping they give Yusuke his classic green gakuran as an alt outfit though. He just doesn't look right without it.

But they're made by the same mangaka = w=

Speaking of, I wonder if they do intend to have alternate costumes, I certainly hope so now.

But they're made by the same mangaka = w=

Speaking of, I wonder if they do intend to have alternate costumes, I certainly hope so now.

If we can get Napoleon Sasuke in NUNS 3,they can make the alts we want lol

j7azqr.jpg

New Shonen Jump scan reveals Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z), Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto), and Zebra (Toriko). Guess that answers the question of whether or not they're only including one character per series.

Now to begin speculating whether the second Bleach character will be Rukia or Rukia With a Lesbian Haircut...

While we wait on new footage [serious, they'll share all the screen in the world but no vids ; -; ] for Yusuke, Gon, or any of the new rivals, 2 more characters got revealed today . . . Taro Yamada and Jaguar Junichi.

mIM5yYM.jpg

I'm really surprised they haven't announced any JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters yet, given how white hot that franchise is right now. Not to mention Bamco already made JJBA: All Star Battle, so they should have some reusable assets left over from that game's development.

GAMEPLAY!!! Off-screeen, Preview from a French site

So it seems to essentially be a 3-on-3 system with each team being comprised of 2 primary combatants and then having a 3rd support/Striker character, I'm curious how that works out if both primary characters are being controlled by actual players, do they share the support? Do you have to be careful how you spend it?

Also those intros are super cool...but super long lol no ones gonna want to stick around for them...ever ; -; but I do like the Victory Burst animations~ Anime: OFF [ON]

I'm really surprised they haven't announced any JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters yet, given how white hot that franchise is right now. Not to mention Bamco already made JJBA: All Star Battle, so they should have some reusable assets left over from that game's development.

Well I'm pretty sure they're trying to let JoJo's hype rock, but once that starts to die down and this game is closer to release, they'll be like "oh btw---JOJO'S!"

Also their engines seem RADICALLY different, I doubt there'd be much reusable art assets.

This is interesting. It's bigger and grander than the UNS series, definitely not a linear or 2d as Jojo's. Reminds of Gundam VS EX a little, just not as fast and not giant robots.

Heh. Someone's playing Super Robot Wars in the background.

Having to do split-screen for the local multiplayer in these types of games is always a pain. :v: I'm also not too keen on how you're forced to have an active teammate at all times. I can see it now, with the CPU rushing in to attack the guy you're already comboing and ruining everything.

Game needs more Tsuna.

I hope this is not the return of Bamco's awful "Mash O to attack" engine that they've been spamming since the first Narutimate Hero game.

I hope this is not the return of Bamco's awful "Mash O to attack" engine that they've been spamming since the first Narutimate Hero game.

Return? they've still been doing it.... it's what every Ultimate Ninja and Ultimate Ninja Storm game is. And Saint Seiya, and .hack//Versus and hell even Asura's Wrath lol.

But that's 90% Cyber Connect 2 right there. Saint Seiya is DIMPS who did the Budokai/Burst Limit. All the same crap, sanctioned by the same team.

However i don't know who developed this game. It's currently unlisted. From the looks of it im hoping it's the team behind Gundam Vs Extreme (whom i also don't know, it just says it's Namco Bandai) which is funny because the same team made it's prequels and the developers of that game say "Capcom". I just hope it's these guys. Also hope it's NOT the guys behind DBZ Battle of Z... Artdink is ass crackers.

Game's engine looks very similar to the tenkaichi games but with no flying and support/assists added, in the TGS footage there was even launches into teleport followups x 3 into a knockdown which is exactly like the tenkaichi shit after a charged side attack.

Looks like there'll be support-only characters, Jaguar is a support-only from the scan in the previous page :/

Not a fan of this as it'll give alot of cool characters that shouldve been playable the shaft im sure but hey at least it gives characters like Yagami Light a chance to be in the game :]

Also I'm worried about this game's female representation. If theyre only adding 2 characters per series they're be like 2 females at best in? and thats assuming they actually add Medaka and Rukia. Imma wait and see but hopefully we'll get a solid amount of females in the game.

I'm waiting for the secondary HxH and One Piece reps as they're the ones I'll be most interested in. Any of Zoro/Ace/Hisoka/Killua would be an instant main.

I dunno, seeing how there a bunch of shounen series [:kitty:] I don't see a very high female presence, probably about the same as the Super Stars and Ultimate Stars games, and speaking of those, I'm not surprised they'll have assist only characters [sad as that is].

Also for anyone interested we have the control scheme.

That dude is support only (wonder if this will be a thing now, reveal playable + support together?) HQ scan (with a lovely watermark thanks to our friends at Saiyan Island = w= )

First in-game shots of Yusuke and Vegeta. Still waiting for (playable/battle) reps from: Claymore, Hell Teacher Nube, Soul Hunter (Dakki plz), Shaman King, Black Cat, ZOMBIE POWDER, Hikaru no Go (for the luls), Pretty Face (again for the luls, although MC can kick ass lol), SKET Dance (for one final lul), Buso Renkin, and Beelzebub (as penitence for ending the anime at the worst possible place with the worst possible ending .v.)

That dude is support only

Which makes so much sense, since Kumagawa is an eternal loser. His luck is so bad, he couldn't even get to be a playable character.

Still waiting for (playable/battle) reps from: Claymore, Hell Teacher Nube, Soul Hunter (Dakki plz), Shaman King, Black Cat, ZOMBIE POWDER, Hikaru no Go (for the luls), Pretty Face (again for the luls, although MC can kick ass lol), SKET Dance (for one final lul), Buso Renkin, and Beelzebub (as penitence for ending the anime at the worst possible place with the worst possible ending .v.)

Characters from Hell Teacher Nube and Zombie Powder would be godlike, but I'm not holding my breath for either. Claymore would also be incredibly badass, but their refusal to acknowledge that as a proper Jump title probably means it's a no-go.

Actually, most of those series probably won't get any reps in this game unless they push the release date back (or go nuts with post-release DLC). Time is running short if they still want to get the game out before the end of this year.

luck is so bad, he couldn't even get to be a playable character.

; -;

Pretty face was Shounen Jump!?

Yep-yep~

Claymore would also be incredibly badass, but their refusal to acknowledge that as a proper Jump title

wut?

Actually, most of those series probably won't get any reps in this game unless they push the release date back (or go nuts with post-release DLC). Time is running short if they still want to get the game out before the end of this year.

Not really, they pretty much have new character reveals every other week, and this game doesn't come out till LATE December. It's footage that has been in shortage ; -;

Also look at how crazy All-Star Battle has been with post game DLC, wouldn't surprise me if we see a huge amount of that, but I expect the initial roster to be at least 2x what it is now.

Not really, they pretty much have new character reveals every other week, and this game doesn't come out till LATE December. It's footage that has been in shortage ; -;

Also look at how crazy All-Star Battle has been with post game DLC, wouldn't surprise me if we see a huge amount of that, but I expect the initial roster to be at least 2x what it is now.

You could be right. Still, I'm not going to get my hopes up for too many characters from the more obscure series when they've yet to announce reps from some of their bigger money makers.

As for Claymore, I should specify it's definitely affiliated with the Jump line of magazines; the tricky part is whether or not it's officially a Weekly Shonen Jump series. Claymore originally debuted in Monthly Shonen Jump and was only featured in WSJ for less than half a year as a holdover between the cancellation of Monthly SJ and the launch of its replacement magazine, Jump SQ. For this reason, it's sort of a "yeah it was technically featured in WSJ but it wasn't supposed to be" kind of situation.

It might not matter, but considering the fact that J Stars and the DS Jump crossovers have thus far focused exclusively on series that debuted in WSJ, Claymore might not be eligible due to that technicality. I wouldn't mind being wrong, but it's something to keep in mind.