Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

J-Stars Victory VS

Some more roster additions:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-25/saint-seiya-d.gray-man-stars-join-j-stars-victory-vs-game

Also, there's a teaser on the same page that Hisoka will be revealed next month, most probably playable (otherwise, why tease him? And most of all, why have Hisoka in the first place?).

Allen and Seiya!

With the [alleged] promise of NO additional DLC characters, I really hope they flow of reveals keeps up and we get a nice beefy roster, even if this game will in no way be balanced for ["serious"] competitive play.

Freaking Seiya, man. They just keep adding characters I love. I don't think anyone expects this game to be balanced in any way, but the cast is pretty much nostalgia to every anime fan worth of their sauce. Definitely getting this once it's out.

Man, ain't that a kick. Unlike the myriad of fighters with DLC that frustrates me to no end, this is one game where I wouldn't have minded a handful of DLC characters. They can't possibly have too many characters in my opinion, and I wouldn't have minded shelling out a few extra bucks to ensure the roster winds up as big as it can be.

I'm not at all surprised to see Pegasus Seiya made it in. Little surprised Allen is only a support character, though. I thought D.Gray-man was popular enough to warrant at least one playable rep...

Speaking of playable, here's some off-screen footage of the game in action somebody caught at Jump Festa.

SHISHIO!!!!

I was already pretty hype for this game, but the latest reveals of playable villains makes me :D

Also more characters will be revealed on Tues, and going from the silhouettes, along with Hisoka, it is safe to assume Toguro and Aizen as the next reveals.

Frieza? Not Cell or Buu or Broly? o_O pretty cool but still surprising.. and Akainu o__o; the OP picks are pretty odd lol. Boa and Akainu, wouldve expected Zoro/Ace and Blackbeard before either of those.

and fuckin MADARA? Shishio? Aizen? shit is going down! cant wait for this game :'D

Frieza? Not Cell or Buu or Broly? o_O pretty cool but still surprising.. and Akainu o__o; the OP picks are pretty odd lol. Boa and Akainu, wouldve expected Zoro/Ace and Blackbeard before either of those.

and fuckin MADARA? Shishio? Aizen? shit is going down! cant wait for this game :'D

...Aizen you say?

.... *quickly goes to my bleach slot machine* C'MON GIMME PLAYABLE ISSHEN OR GIN!

Akainu makes sense to me, and Boa is a fan favorite so i understand her a bit too. Definitely more than Ace, i dunno about Zoro though. To me if they added Zoro than they would still NEED Sanji, and then the entire cast, because honestly One Piece si the biggest creation in anime history, let alone Shounen Jump. They could add the entire cast yet only 1 of any other show it'd still sell like hotcakes.

Assist Hisoka is dumb, but now I can expect Killua and Pitou/Meruem to represent HxH... unless they feel that having three representatives is enough, even if one of them is an Assist.

Frieza? Not Cell or Buu or Broly? o_O pretty cool but still surprising..

Broly is just one shot villain, Cell is basically a homage to original dranball series villain Red Ribbon. Buu didn't really bring anything to series as well. Freeiza on the othe rhand pretty much established the Z story.

...Aizen you say?

.... *quickly goes to my bleach slot machine* C'MON GIMME PLAYABLE ISSHEN OR GIN!

Gin would be nice (because Hazama), but I'd much rather have Kenpachi.

....with Yamuichi assist on his back (forgot what her name is spelled,the girl who's kenpachi's lieutenant)

....with Yamuichi assist on his back (forgot what her name is spelled,the girl who's kenpachi's lieutenant)

Yachiru would be the name.

We already have a Gin, I'm not sure adding another one is worth the confusion. Then again, that didn't stop Capcom from adding PW to MvC3.

This game is still missing Kenshiro.

I honestly don't think he'll make it because Tecmo Koei want to keep the rights or something like that.

It gets worse in regards to Kenshiro. Notice how all the returning characters have their voice actors/actresses taken from the TV adaptations? Kenshiro's VA has pretty much retired. Not only that, but the authors themselves thought his performance was awful. So awful, in fact, that they actively do everything within their power to make it so he doesn't return to the role ever again. This is why the cast for each adaptation of Fist of the North Star keeps changing.

Kenshiro was a surprise addition to Ultimate Stars. They even revealed box art, then changed it after revealing Kenshiro lol.

It's not like we had any doubts about Hisoka's status from the scans, anyways. Doesn't stop the fans from being rightfully disappointed, of course.