AtTheGates

AC+R: Chipp Discussion & General Strategy

GGAC+R_Header_General_Discussion.png

Thought it was a good idea to have a thread where we can talk / share info about +R Chipp, since the release is so close at hand.

while this first entry could go into the video thread, there's some stuff in there that can we can discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYf6Eaerntg

koma chipp with some really creative stuff right in the first match.

- nice oldschool combovideo stuff at the end of the first round. S,HS, IAA FRC -> fly with slayer to the corner, late j.S -> relaunch. Quite fancy but not bad considering that he got a hit vs. standing slayer and not crouching, which means less hits before the alpha, which means the followup off of a non-frced alpha is much harder or impossible because you land further away.

- 22S teleport FRC finally has a use! okizeme situation, with your back close to the wall -> jump install S teleport FRC -> airdash j.HS for an almost-instant overhead + it probably catches backdashers. It's debatable if a simple walldive wouldn't have been better in this situation for the added layers of mixup (left/right high/low), but it's nice to know nonetheless.

Edited by AtTheGates

+R is out on japanese psn.

- Wall Dive has exactly 2 Angles, nothing in between. You get the steep one if you don't hold anything and the flat one if you hold 6/3 while you touch the wall.

- edit: Normals can actually be Kara-Cancelled into Wall Dive.

- you sometimes have to delay instant airdash combos after a 6HS juggle to give the opponent some time to rise after the ground bounce, depending on their weight.

- midscreen d.S©,S(f),HS,Alpha-D, delay S,©,HS, iad.j.P,D,Alpha: [25% Tension] 200 DMG, knockdown against medium defense chars. lol.

- edit: 22S has auto jump install.

Edited by AtTheGates

here's some info on the alpha force break. it works like a teleport and you can cancel into it before alpha actually hits. if you input 236P~D, you will instantly appear behind the opponent. the forcebreak still has a lot of startup though, so i't not viable to do this often... so consider it a really unsafe ace up your sleeve. if you want to combo into it, you usually cancel into it immediately, but against light characters you have to delay it slighty (for example against may). interestingly, you can almost always combo off of it, nevermind where you are in the screen, except if your opponent has his back exactly in the corner.

about 22S FRC:

the best way to use it is when you have your back against the wall and your opponent has been knocked down close to you, for example after a 41236K that connected on a cornered opponent. keep in mind that this setup is gimmicky and that it costs 25% tension. you might as well go for the walldive okizeme in this situation which also quite strong, so you should probably not overabuse the setup.

edit: just realized i basically already wrote that in my first post.

Edited by AtTheGates

I just did 22S 236PKS which did instant air alpha to beat an opponent. Hilarious :D Chipp has a lot of cool new tricks. I thought D follow up to alpha blade could be hit only after alpha hits, but you can do it immediately for an instant crossup.

Edited by zdravkelja

I really have a hard time FRC-ing the teleports. Are there any input tricks to make them easier?

I'm coming from a #Reload background, it seems like almost all FRCs are much easier to do in this game(for example I could do Alpha Blade FRC from the first moment), but these teleport FRCs are close to #Reload Dizzy ice spike difficulty <.<  

It's funny, because I can dothe D tp frc once in the beginning of every training session, than never again.

edit: also when you do the old school S HS TK alpha combo, how do you input the alpha? Because on keyboard I did jump cancel the HS then input a simple quartercircle. It was like 15% consistent only though, the other way worked even less.

I switched to stick recently and I have to adjust.

teleport FRCs: if you do them "dry" (with no chain before them), the timing is always the same, which means, easy to remember muscle-memory stuff if you train enough. once you add a chain before the teleport, the actual teleport gets buffered and therefore delayed a bit, which makes the timing much harder and somewhat variable depending on the last normal used before the teleport. i try to stick to 5HS as a last normal in block strings before a teleport i want to FRC to keep things consistent, besides, 5HS has a somewhat high attack level, which decreases the chances of the opponent retaliating - on the other hand, the teleport will be much more telegraphed that way.

as for the alpha combo, use S,HS, 2369, (short pause), P. it's hard to get the perfect IAA, keep practicing.

I've noticed that I can't combo / cancel into Gamma Blade. Is that a bug or it was supposed to be like that?

Also, (at least on Venom) I can't combo after 41236+D midscreen, tried in training mode by hitting with 5HS when Venom was very close to the ground. I can't combo j.P > j.D into Alpha either.

I need some advice on doing cool combos with this guy because I like his speed and playstyle. I've seen someone looping j.K for like 6 times in a row, and that's again something I am having problems with.