Sign in to follow this  
Jet Set Dizzy

M.u.g.e.n.

Man don't tell me that, that's too bad, What can be done to fix that? , I dont know anything about MUGEN programing. :cry::v::vbang::cry:

Hope Muteki answer soon.

May I make a suggestion?

This guy has made a pretty good Robo-Ky, Robo-Ky II and even made an original char: Robo-Ky III.:roboky: Maybe you can ask him to do make Robo-Jam?

I'm having trouble with RKMIII the file associations are all goofy because the file names use an uncommon character (roman numeral III)...is there a format for text that mugen can read properly for Select.def? Edit: Nevermind, I went into Fighter Factory and changed the file associations in the DEF file to fix it.

Still working on Darkside-Ky in Mugen...made a palette for him and slowly but surely gathering up all awesome sprites of Ky (though not finished with that part yet...still looking for Slashback sprites/Forcebreak/Charge Drive/Lightning Sphere Sprites)

Made a prototype Intro for him:

Posted Image

"Na-na-na-naze...Ho-ho-ho-honki de ta-ta-ta-tataka wa nain da!"

Posted Image

I need more Guilty Gear resources for Mugen though, like how they make GG characters for Mugen...anyone got any guides?

Still working on Darkside-Ky in Mugen...made a palette for him and slowly but surely gathering up all awesome sprites of Ky (though not finished with that part yet...still looking for Slashback sprites/Forcebreak/Charge Drive/Lightning Sphere Sprites)

Made a prototype Intro for him:

Posted Image

"Na-na-na-naze...Ho-ho-ho-honki de ta-ta-ta-tataka wa nain da!"

Posted Image

I need more Guilty Gear resources for Mugen though, like how they make GG characters for Mugen...anyone got any guides?

Kick ass sword.

Hey guys, I downloaded WinMugen Plus and hundred-something characters. Are there any utilities that will speed up the process of adding them to the select.def? I know there are apps out like MWC and etc. but those usually fucked up my files when I tried them before. Thanks.

Hey guys, I downloaded WinMugen Plus and hundred-something characters. Are there any utilities that will speed up the process of adding them to the select.def? I know there are apps out like MWC and etc. but those usually fucked up my files when I tried them before.

Thanks.

Ummmmm....wordpad? :psyduck:

Step 1: Unzip a character folder (one with files inside it, not another folder)

Step 2: Put in in Chars

(Substep: Check to see if the Character.def file is the same as the folder, if not type it as "characterblah/charactername.def" in select.def)

Step 3: Put the file name in Select.def (open via Wordpad)

Step 4: Save Select.def

Open Mugen and give it a test to see if it works!

Bonus tip: How to BAN a character that's broken!!

Type something like ";GodGouki/GodGouki.def" (with emphasis on the ; in front) to block it.

lol I know how to do it with Wordpad, I'm just lazy. lol I just think it would be time-consuming to do that for all of the characters, but then again, it kind of is my fault for downloading so many at once.

Well, I finally Chiseled out MOST of Darkside-Ky's movelist, so here's what you can expect:

DARKSIDE-KY MOVELIST

Specials

Ein Voltage

Throw Input (6 + H) Mash H for up to 14 Hits….Also Aerial

Ray Divider I (Ground Only, Hits 3 Times, close to character) Clean Hit Properties…High Uppercut if Clean Hit

236 + (Hold S to delay up to 5 seconds/102 frames, releases in the place launched, launches opponent on contact)

Move Notes:

Does Stun Edge Animation which does nothing at first…does Ray Divider Tap to release if on ground/Air Javelin if released in air.

Ray Divider II (Ground Only, Hits 3 Times, far away from character) Clean Hit Properties…High Uppercut if Clean Hit

236 + (Hold H to delay up to 5 seconds/102 frames, releases in the place launched, launches opponent on contact)

Move Notes:

Does Stun Edge Animation which does nothing at first (slightly faster than RDI)… does Ray Divider Tap to release if on ground/Air Javelin if released in air.

Stun Nebula I (Hits 3 times in place, placement just below in front of character in air) Clean Hit Properties…Knockback to Wall Bounce if Clean Hit

Air 236 + (Hold S to delay up to 5 seconds/102 frames, releases in the place launched)

Move Notes:

Does Cross Animation which does nothing at first… does Ray Divider Tap to release if on ground/Air Javelin if released in air.

Stun Nebula II (Hits 3 times in place, placement a ways in front/below of character in air) Knock-back to Wall Bounce if Clean Hit

Air 236 + (Hold S to delay up to 5 seconds/102 frames, releases in the place launched)

Move Notes:

Does Cross Animation which does nothing at first… does Ray Divider Tap to release if on ground/Air Javelin if released in air.

Impala Feint (Also Aerial/Feint/Warp)

623 + (Hold D)

Impala Hunt II (Also Aerial) *Hits Twice Knocks Up-Back Slightly/Wall Stick*

623 + D

Inverse Crescent (Ground Only, Flips over as a jump on top of opponent for Pop-up)

214 + K

Inverse Crescent II (Air Only, Knocks the opponent up, resets Air Options, cancels into itself)

Air 214 + K

--Inverse Javelin (Knocks opponent to ground for massive ground bounce…Floor Slide if there is a Clean Hit)

[During Inverse Crescent/Inverse Crescent II] H

Inverse Vapor (Air and Ground/Arcs overhead and strikes downward causing Floor Slide in the opposite direction/towards corner)

623 + S

Inverse Greed (Causes huge popup on hit, untechable for 60 frames)

214 + S

Forcebreaks (Costs 25% Tension per Use)

-Sacred Divider (Appears where the Ray Divider would have appeared, Hits 1 time for moderate Damage, untechable on hit, stays out for an extended amount of time…can reflect projectiles, used as an alternative to Ray Divider)

[During Ray Divider I/Ray Divider II] 214 + D (Holding D delays the attack)

Nebula Rays (Air only, cross hits 2-3 times on contact and fires a Stun Edge of varying angle)

Air 214 + D, (S or H)

Move Notes:

Hits 3 Times if no S/H was input and lasts longer; Hits 2 times and fires a slow Stun Edge if S or H is pressed afterwards.

Inverse Sphere (Can be done in the Air or Ground, 5 Hits on full contact, stays in place, creates vacuum)

41236 + D

-Peak Driver Can be done on Air or ground based on the previous move’s origin. Creates Wall Stick.

[During Inverted Sphere] 46 + D

Grand Vapor (Slides under projectiles for multiple Hits, Rises up as an Uppercut)

214 + D…464646 + S/H for extra hits

Overdrives (Costs 50% Tension per Use)

FINAL Ride the Lightning (Creates Vacuum effect on Startup, 1 hit untechable startup spark, then launches forward at high ramming speed, knocks opponent up on hit for massive damage)

632146 + H

Aces High II (Rising Attack, 5 Main hits, 3 Cross hits, Greed Sever Cross for knockdown, 9 hits total)

623 + H [Can be used optionally as a follow up to FINAL Ride the Lightning]

Excalibur (Arcing Wave that causes instant knockdown on hit…Auto-guard-break)

632146 + S

Destroy Attack (Enters Instant Kill Mode which gradually ebbs away at Health, performing the attack Eliminates Tension Guage)

Zwei Voltage

P + K + S + H ….236236 + H (Forward Kick to Initiate)

EX Movelist

Coming Soon…

Lightning Movement

Elegant Stun

Needle Cross

Crescent Spike

Charge

Charge Burst

Action Charge

Breaker Dash

Aerial Rush

Titanic Vapor

Holy Brand

Emerald Sword

Lord of the Thunder

Lightning Rhapsody

Drei Voltage

Ein-Zwei-Drei Voltage

If anyone has any doubts about this movelist, I made several sprites to accomodate, though I have yet to do any CLSNs/Animations for them, the frames are there, and I plan to add particle sprites soon. And if there's anything that you think is broken beyond broke, give me suggestions on how to tweak it (frames, recovery, etc) and I'll consider any ideas.

sounds pretty solid, far as i've read.. ..only thing i can ask of it (which considering my char list isnt that broke at all) is FAST recovery's with invincible frames

When you say "Fast Recovery" you mean for moves that hit or moves that whiff? Or air recovery?

By the way, I made this in Photoshop, so you can know what to expect with it. ;)

Posted Image

Got a question? What all can you do with sprites in Mugen? Rings/etc..can they be flipped/rotated, etc? How is that done for animation?

Been playing around with Polar Coordinates and Distort and got this... :kitty:

Posted Image

That last one either looks like the Wheel of Fate from House of the Dead, or Avatar Aang.... Anyways, people have already seen Goddess Justice right? One of the cheapest, most unbalanced character in MUGEN ever. (Not that it matters, no one in MUGEN's balanced.)

Anyways, people have already seen Goddess Justice right? One of the cheapest, most unbalanced character in MUGEN ever. (Not that it matters, no one in MUGEN's balanced.)

No, no we haven't. :gonk:

That last one either looks like the Wheel of Fate from House of the Dead, or Avatar Aang....

Anyways, people have already seen Goddess Justice right? One of the cheapest, most unbalanced character in MUGEN ever. (Not that it matters, no one in MUGEN's balanced.)

Is she suitless? :kitty:

That last one either looks like the Wheel of Fate from House of the Dead, or Avatar Aang....

:gonk: , can you share a link of her please :kitty:

here a video demostration of Godess Justice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBhmQZwV4z4

that justice is fucking rediculous.. any char that can 999 with the first attack is just cheap and overpowered.. im not downloading her :mad::vbang: @blade - far as flipping sprites go, in mugen you can only flip vertically or horizontally by adding a capital " H " or " V " to the end of the frame number in the .cmd (it explains it somewhere in the docs folder's files) btw, that ky looks fucking TIGHT.. it makes me want to hit the ground face first and surround myself in blue rings of rotation --- on a mour fuckier note, i've officially lost ALL my sprites for the reimi goddess (god damn my obsession with finding publishers) so i'll have to start them COMPLETELY OVER (which im doing tomorro) never the less, at this moment you can expect her complete either towards the end of this year or the beginning of the next ---- and if it hasn't been said in this thread yet.. "Lol, GG Sux."

my guess would be its just part of they're stance sprite... with the char overlapping part of it and the rest overlapping the char

looks nice -- as reguard to your earlier query, now that i understand the question mour thuroughly(sp?) you can use fighter factory to make an overlaying sprite by changing the background/foreground number (i forget specifically which numbers they are) but im fairly sure i read somewhere theres like, 4 layers they can appear in (check the cns? :v: )

Sign in to follow this