Sign in to follow this  
Jet Set Dizzy

M.u.g.e.n.

So guys, any news regarding BlazBlue material on Mugen? I've been hearing rumors, but nothing legit yet.

Well I've been doing some lurking and it seems they're having some problems resizing the sprites so backgrounds would probably be a bigger priority. What with Elecbyte back and all, this could get interesting..

So guys, any news regarding BlazBlue material on Mugen? I've been hearing rumors, but nothing legit yet.

Vans and K.O.D of Trinity Mugen are creating Ragna and Hakumen respectively. Also Bang might be a WIP by Crazy Koopa but nothing so far has been mentioned.

Meh. I've downloaded mugen on like, eight different occasions. I can never figure out how to get it to work. >_>

Most of what you do is in Mugen.cfg, Select.def, Fight.def, and (insertstagename).def, and most of these you can find in the Data folder once extracted.

Step 1: Download Mugen (ideally hi-rez, if not, make sure any stages or screenpacks you download are low-rez or don't say hi-rez).

Step 2: Download a Screenpack.

Before you do anything make a backup of the Data folder as if you mess up, you can always reset it to what it originally was. Most screenpacks, lowres or hirez simply ask you to dump a few files into the data folder and replace the old ones, simple, no? Just make sure you're using a hi-res Screenpack for hi-res Mugen and not a low-res one or vice-versa.

Step 3: Download a Stage (remember Hi-rez stages for Hi-rez mugen, they don't work for anything else, and low-rez stages for low-rez Mugen).

Put the .sff and .def files of each stage in here, and then open up the .def file with Notepad and specify what music you want (make sure the file name is accurate to the music file you want to use, I use custom). Then just make sure you put the mp3 of that music in the Sound Folder. Lastly, go into the Data folder, and open up Select.def and scroll down and put the name of the stage in the "extra stages" area, the text file explains it all.

Step 4: Download a Character (this takes time, I suggest going here: http://mugencharacters.ucoz.com/).

Once you've got a character, put his/her folder in the "char" or character folder. Open up his folder and take a look at his files..MAKE SURE all the files have the same character name, case-sensitive AS THE FOLDER, that is to say, if you have a Sol-Badguy folder, make sure every file in there is called Sol-Badguy.air, Sol-Badguy.cmd, Sol-Badguy.sff, and most important of all Sol-Badguy.def. If it's not the same name as the folder, either change it, or make sure you specify the .def file name in the Select.def text file. i.e. something like "VENOM/EddieBrock.def". You can find Select.def in the Data folder with everything else. Because I like tweaking my character select, I keep a shortcut of Select.def in my character and stage folders just in case I need to tweak something, make sure you save the name of the character/folder/path in the select.def.

Other things:

I like to keep my folders CLEAN so they aren't cluttered with patches or backup folders, so keep those elsewhere. You can gather up to several Gigs of data from this alone so make sure you have the room.

Some characters are HARD AS FUCK OR BROKEN, so what I like to do is make a tier-list of the characters in the select.def file, you know where it tells you the "order=#"? That specifies how often you're going to fight that character in arcade mode. Scroll further down and you can specify how many fights you want in Arcade and how frequent they are, it explains it all...so for broken characters here's what I do in Select.def:

GodRugal, order=6

;Goddess Justice, order=10

Evil Ryu, order=4

;DragonClaw, order=10

Notice the semicolons?...I basically commented out a character, or as I like to call it...BANNED them.

Hope that helps.

Lastly, some tips regarding Mugen.cfg (found in the Data Folder)

Set it to 640 x 480 (or more if you have a big monitor), make sure the setting for DoubleRes is set to 4. Make sure it says Windowed, Turn off Debug, Turn on Window Stretching, you'll have a lot less headaches if you do. Ctrl+Enter for Full screen if you want it. The text file explains the settings in detail. Make sure color settings match those of your system hardware.

Once you start mugen, go into options and tweak everything right away, I set it to easiest setting and normal speed, turn off timer to cut back on hassles. Then just set up your inputs, then save your configuration. Exit out, give it a try.

Mugen is all about testing and trying stuff out to see if it works, and if it does, have fun. If you don't know how to use a character, go into their folder and check for a Readme/Leeme file, it may have a movelist for you.

Lastly, KEEP A FRESH DEFAULT BACKUP of all your files (or just keep them zipped) in case you mess up! I can't tell you how many times I've had to restore files because something went wrong.

Vans and K.O.D of Trinity Mugen are creating Ragna and Hakumen respectively. Also Bang might be a WIP by Crazy Koopa but nothing so far has been mentioned.

:keke:

I've been studying how the BB system works for a while (and been playing the hell out of it too). It will be interesting to work with it.

Okay well, what with the latest info being BlazBlue, I thought I'd mention a few things.

First of all: If any of you know who Chu-nin is, he's been writing some "lethal" A.I. programming for Meka's GG Characters.

Meka's Site: http://drinvincible.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Chu-Nin's Site: http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~tsuyoshishiki/

Akutagawa updated Order-Sol's A.I. here: http://www.geocities.jp/akutagawa_s154/

Before you mess with anything, I highly recommend patching GG characters you download in this order:

Step 1: Download+Unzip GG Characters

Step 2: Download, Unzip, and Patch Chars.zip/Sol&Axl&Pot.zip/Justice.zip and any of the voice patches you want (Classic Voice Baiken, GGX Zato (Shiozawa R.I.P.), or George (Sol)) and get those patches out of the way first.

Step 3: Downlaod, Unzip, and use Patch3.zip (these apply to May, I-no, Kliff, and A.B.A. among others).

Step 4: Download, Unzip, and patch AIset.zip (make sure you save this patch last, if you do Patch3 after patching AIset, you'll get glitches and fatal errors with your characters).

Patch those in EXACTLY that order.

Step 5: Grab Chu-nin's character patches (and Anji's character and A.I. patch while you're at it) for Baiken, Jam, Ky, May, Millia, and Justice, among the others and patch them.

A key thing to note about Chu-nin's patches.

If you want to pick an AC character to play as, specify in Select.def the default name.def file. If you want to just pick the A.I. for Watch mode, specify his A.I. name file. Here's an example from my Select.def:

Millia Rage/Millia Rage.def (I keep this default so I can pick AC Millia (press LEFT/RIGHT before a match to choose modes).

Millia Rage/Milla Rage(AC).def (I put this on the Select.def file so that I can just pick Millia's A.I....it'll be active regardless of whether you're in Training Mode or not, AND YOU CAN'T TURN IT OFF!! That's why you need the above character entry.

A final warning about Chu-nin's A.I.:

Not only is it potent, but it is high level A.I. the likes of which you'd see in Pro matches, especially annoying in Mirror matches. If you pick AC May versus AC May, they're going to play footsie for a while...but it gets far worse for some characters like the A.I. for GGXXR I-no who can get "stuck" playing Footsie if she fights herself...(an A.I. stalemate). So far only May and I-no have this problem after the patch is applied.

....And did I mention you will get your ass kicked by EXISTING AC COMBOS? :keke::(:v::vbang:

If you guys have trouble downloading or patching, I have fully patched versions of these I can send if needed.

FINALLY!!! AC CHARACTERS!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And when I get my blazblue chars, I'll post screen shots of them.

(fyi, I don't actually play the first 2 chars, those just make me laugh to see the match-ups)

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

:yaaay:

:I: _ :keke:

:vbang:

2nd_God, any chance you have a decent Awakened Kaede? The one I've got is crap and occasionally pauses the game to look at movelists. :v: You should turn off Debug Mode in Config, man...that shit's annoying. @NiggaJoe: Play me in BlazBlue sometime and see for yourself. :keke:

Sry man, I believe that is the ONLY version of Kaede i have.. ..and despite it's bad ass updated movelist. He's still a friggin pussy.

I just don't want one that decides he's going to open up his personal menu to look at his movelist and stop the game. :v: I have a drunk karate guy from Fallen Angels named Torao who can turn his um..."flies" into options from R-Type...lol

OH is it?!

Huh.. didn't know..

This one doesn't ever pause/cease game play during play with him (the version in that screen shot) I can send it if you still want it

Just pm me your email or something.

Also Jesus, If your so smarty pantsed, maybe you wouldn't mind assisting with some characters for me..

Current Works in Progress:

EVE of AdultSwim.com 's 'Bible Fight'

Reimi Goddess hardcore spoof of vr-120% 's 'Reimi Jyahana'

Sign in to follow this