Digital Watches

AC+R: Combos

FRC with PKS, plink ]PKS[H. It's definitely easier than linking 6H-2S, since you've got more frames to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if some characters were too high/light to get hit by the 5H, but that wouldn't be my first guess. I'll do some science in a sec.

Confirmed: 6H-623S FRC, 5H works on every character in the game, provided they are crouching and in the corner. The 623S FRC 5H part should work regardless of being crouching, obviously. 623S FRC 5H also works on a surprising number of characters outside of the corner, and 623S FRC 6H as fast as possible works on pretty much everyone anywhere (That one you actually do have to plink it. The 623S FRC, 5H link is considerably easier).

Hello axl players, i heard axl has some cute stuff with the new 2hs frc :) and I'm having trouble with these combos : 5k 2hs.frc iad j.h j.d 5k 2s into bomber loop (for this i believe you have to delay the iad kinda like you are doing slayers iad j.k j.k right?)and 5k 2hs frc tk 632146 s frc ad j.d j.axl bomber. (5s) 2s into loop(lol, does this even work?:v:)

wait nvm the former only works in the corner and its fast as possible iad timing and for midscreen : 5k, 2hs frc delay iad j.h j.d 5k 4,6 s frc works!!\

damn, for some extra swag this is also possible: 5k 2hs frc iad j.s (hits opposite side) 2d 4,6 s frc 5s 2s j.d 632146 s frc ad j.d axl bomber, LMAO:keke:

Edited by SIne

2HS has always been FRCable, hasn't it? I like the sound of them combos, but they were possible in AC too, right? (I kinda doubt 2H FRC Raei is going to be a combo very often, but it's an excellent reset, since it's probably hard to block a crossup when you're busy staggering out.)

So I'm new to Axl. What combos should I be learning? So far I'm just doing basic stuff like 2K 2D xx Rensen FRC dash up 6K 2S sjc.H sj.D xx Kokuu or AA 6K 2S sjc.H sj.D xx FB Bomber -> ad.D xx Kokuu.

I recommend learning to do the 5H-6H, 2S link in place of run up 6K, since it will help your damage when you're in the corner a lot, and midscreen a little bit.

Then just practice getting similar combos from a bunch of confirms. Can you confirm benten FRC into e.g. 5P-6K-air combo? Can you confirm Kokuugeki FRC? Can you confirm a counterhit 5H into similar? I can name some specific combos I use, but what's more important is learning your confirms and what you do to get your simple air BnB. Then you can start optimizing.

I've seen this in Japanese videos, and I've screwed around with Axl quite a bit for the past few months. Do you mind if I toss this in here? I'm surprised I have not seen this thread.

(Anti Air) [Midscreen]

2S - 6K[1] - 2S  - Sj. J.H J.D xx Kokuu Geki 

•  Assuming you have 25% tension, you can do FB Axl Bomber IAD. ~ J.D xx Axl Bomber This works on heavier characters such as :  :PO:  :RO:  :AB:
  • On floaty characters, such as  :JA:  :FA:  :MI:  . Instead you'd want to use 6K - 2S sj. J.H J.D xx Kokuu Geki OR  2S[1] - 6K - 2S js. J.H J.D
  • Funny enough against  :PO: you can go for 2S - 6K[1] - 2S - 6K[1] - 2S.  This results in a tech trap, unless  :PO: tech's backwards, which is advantageous for you.
  • In the corner you can substitute Kokuu Geki for a FB AXL BOMBER for 25% tension.
  • You can also do this as a run in follow up from Rensengeki FRC. From midscreen this connects into the FB Axl Bomber loop, assuming you have 50% Tension.

I'm always skeptical of throwing extra 2S-6K nonsense into combos: Does it really get you more damage, or does it prorate your damage away? 

For combos that are just going to end in midscreen kokuugeki, less hits will make it more likely you can do something into benten-H for the knockdown instead. For combos that are going to be more substantial, you want to get to the big hits as soon as possible, to maximize unscaled damage. To that end, I'd say one 2S is always enough unless you really want an ambiguous tech trap (In which case more power to you, positional game matters more than optimized combos).

But I don't know any exact numbers for comparison, so I'm thinking you or I should do some science on it.

I'm garbage at jump installing so I'll throw my data out here,  

Tests done with : 

• State : Jump
  • Recovery : Random
  • Guard : Limited
  • Tension :0
  • 5 Different characters
  • Midscreen (Start of the match positioning.)

Sol Badguy

• 173 DMG
  • From midscreen, it left Sol near / at the corner from Kokuu-geki. 
  • 20 tension gain

Slayer 

• 165 DMG
  • From midscreen, left Slayer near / at the corner from Kokuu-geki.
  • 20 tension gain

Potemkin 

• 149 DMG
  • From midscreen, left Potemkin near / at the corner from Kokuu-geki.
  • 20 tension gain.

A.B.A

• 149 DMG
  • from midscreen, left A.B.A near / at corner from Kokuu-geki
  • 20 tension gain.

Holy Order Sol - 

• 165 DMG
  • from midscreen, left HOS near / at the corner from Kokuu-geki
  • 20 tension gain.

Oh also, 

• Backwards tech leaves them in the corner.
  • Forward tech leaves them in proper range to eat a 6K, which forces them to FD, or IB, back into the corner.
  • Neutral tech just put's them in the corner.

Here's an image of the position they're left from neutral tech vs. Axl's.

Well that's the research I did hope it helps you compare with the notes you got DH. I usually just do this variation of the AA because it tacks on more damage, from the usual 6K 2S sj. H D variation I was doing.  

Yeah, it definitely does turn out you get more damage for tacking on another 6K-2S...

IF you aren't continuing into a corner combo. Which is a lot of the time, so very worthwhile to do. When you are willing to spend the meter to get them to the corner, the scaling will matter more. 

Good to know!