AtTheGates

AC+R: Chipp Combos

don't know if i commented on that vid before, think i did somewhere. anyway, it has some stuff that is fine, and some stuff that is both character and spacing specific, which i find very bad to teach to beginners (the HS > j.D > alpha stuff for example). no idea why you would need a video though if the important stuff is in this thread here, that's why i didn't respond in the first place.

I've ran into a problem and realized that a few of the BnB's I use don't work well against Faust. Could you guys point me in the right direction with a few go-to combos for that MU?

You will find that most Chipp combos, even his BnBs, are extremely char dependant for pretty much every character in the game. I don't have access to the game atm but there are corner combos on the first page for Faust. Otherwise you'll just have to experiment with c.S 2D 236S and see what works after that.

5HS iad j.P j.D j.236P

5HS and try out every combination of j.P and j.K until you can either get a j.D or a j.D j.236P knockdown.

dash j.P and do the above.

I dunno man, Chipp combos are dumb. Merry Christmas. 8)

off of slide (j.D/5K CH) or Gamma blade and any place where you're going to 5S 5H iad, to go into BnB on faust, instead of running up 5S > 5H > iad XX do 5K > 5H > iad and it should work

^

this also helps on axl and a few others i cant remember off the top of my head

another thing to note is that his hitbox is very wide and you can combo into 41236K~D easier and further away than on most chars while often continuing the combo

I've ran into a problem and realized that a few of the BnB's I use don't work well against Faust. Could you guys point me in the right direction with a few go-to combos for that MU?

quoting myself from the first post:

Please keep in mind that the vast majority of Chipp's combos from Accent Core still work, and many of them are still relevant.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?2886-Accent-Core-Chipp-Combos

What is it about Eddie that makes him always fall out of the 2nd hit of j.K for me?  Pretty much any time when trying to bring him closer to the ground to end in j.K > j.K > j.D > alpha he falls out between the j.Ks.  I usually just do a simpler combo up to the ceiling instead.  I notice the same thing with Ky sometimes too. 

Any alternative to bring  them closer to the ground to end an air combo in j.D > alpha?

close range, yes.

edit: try this (from this thread acutally):

New Alpha Blade > Force Break Combos

• d.S© > S(f) >HS >Alpha-D > then:
  • delay S,© > HS > iad.j.P > D > Alpha: [25% Tension] 176 (PO(mit s(f) extra)), 172 (AB, RO), 190(HOS, SL),200(SO,TE,ZA), 201 (JU, KY(kein Knockdown)), 207 (AX, ED, JA, IN, KL*, MA*, VE), 211 (BR*), 225 (DI), 239 (MI), 233 (BA*), 255(CH). *=delay the last alpha and/or the Alpha-D followup.
  • against Anji & Faust: max delay S© > HS > j.P > P > K(2) > K(2) > D: 204/200 damage, Knockdown.
  • against Ky: S© > HS > iad.j.P >S > delay tj.K(2) > K(2) > D > delay Alpha: 208 damage, Knockdow

Been away for 2 years, decided to dust off this game for CEOtaku this weekend. Ended up spending like 30 minutes trying to record a new combo.

"Combo N" is the new one, everything else is over 2 years old. It's mostly combo vid stuff not to be used in matches but you can see a lot of stuff link that you might not expect if you go through the playlist.