Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Primiera

Wanna take some surveys about what you like in FGs?

Sorry if this isn't exactly in the scope of the forum here, but it's the best forum sub-section I could find. This is 100% for fun, not for profit or anything like that, and as of now I've mainly posted it on SF/IJ forums so right now the survey is relatively skewed in certain directions.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F35YRKN

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FHM62YG

Thanks, I love reading these results.

I feel that the questions on the 1st one are too general.

For example, even when games like GG, BB, MB, P4A, etc have chain systems you still have links as result of the differences between hitstun/air tech windows and recovery frames on some moves.

You can also see that different games handle the SJ differently, take GG and KOF for example, where everyone can do it, but their arc and height differs, meanwhile SF4 is character specific

As for the Major punish that is something that is very situational, not to mention that differs from game to game taking in account the different mechanics and rules that the game has.

The same goes for throws, you can see how different games allow that all can combo, or only a few on specific conditions

As for the rest they could depend on the preference of the player, but i still feel that are quite general since they don't convey a middle ground.

As for the 2nd Survey i feel that there are quite a lot of misconceptions about the games that you use as examples.

BB is not rushdown heavy, don't confuse that because every character can do combos (and some with/from their projectiles) this doesn't mean that is rushdown heavy, on that game we have characters with incredible strong zoning capabilities that the characters from SF would wish to have

Also, take me for example, i can read matchup data, i understand well many of the fighting games that i play, but that doesn't mean that i am a better player because of it, FGs in the end are about skill and strategy, both go by hand with each other, since the better you understand the game and the better are your skills then the chances of winning are bigger.

As for the rest it depends of the player preferences but again i feel that it doesn't allow for a middle ground between the options

These questions bother me, because a lot of the answers to these questions, like "should everyone be able to combo after a throw," are, "SOME characters should be able to." There's almost zero room for including "character-specific" as an answer. Hell, what about "varies by type of game?"

Also, I can feel your opinions in the way you wrote the answers. If you want people's honest opinions, you need an unbiased-sounding survey.