Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Slayer

Basically some thoughts after playing a Slayer online, along with several high level AI.

Slayer players tend to play it safe. They wait for you to come close, and then punish you for trying to fight back. Dizzy usually has a slight advantage over him, because of her superior mobility, and her projectiles. However, Slayer has a few tools that'll punish Dizzy just for being Dizzy. One of the things you have to be wary of is his teleport dash. In my experience, I've seen Slayer use this to get past my Summons and punish accordingly. Second, while it's risky for him, he's capable of using his special move, Dandy Step to get close to you if you leave your self open. Once Slayer's in, your probably not going to shake him off without a burst. Finally, Slayer has pressure tools that are hell to deal with. For starters, there's his command grab where he drains you of your health, and he also has those awesome supers that close the distance between you and him, and make great combo starters upon hit.

Just some thoughts from me. You might wanna double check though, and get some other opinions.

If your really stuck, try looking at the Guilty Bits Video showcasing Slayer, so you can get a feel for his strengths and weaknesses.

On the contrary, Slayer need to rush in and cannot play defensive on this match, since when the screen is full of Dizzy Projectile, whatever he do, he lost. Dandy Step is very Gimmicky on this match up since Dizzy can react with 5k / backdash on neutral, Mappa on the other hand is very good tool to closing in, in Theory u can beat it with whatever tool you have, but very hard to do on reaction.

Anyway on Neutral Slayer actually have slight advantage on this match up since his neutral beat all of yours, specifically his 5k, j.k and j.h. On Defensive option, Backdash and FD is really good, u can backdash the 6k(he can feint it to anticipate your backdash) and FD his other Normal... 2h specifically, it's has enormous pushback.

Btw about Superman Super (DOT)... if it blocked/whiffed without frc, u can punish it anywhere on screen.