Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

So speculate and discuss here based on available information. Note that they might still change stuff after the loketest. Wee let's have fun

Basically

- The story takes place after Overture which is five years after GGXX and Daisuke said this is a main entry along with GG and GG2

- Ky's stage is the garden because we can see his Overture servants on the background, he also wears a cape similar to his king cape so we can assume he most likely stilll hold his position

- The Gear sublimation incident in GG2 surely exposed the existence of independent Gears to the public, this issue needs to be addressed. Dr. Paradigm stayed in the Illyria castle and Ky extended friendship to him.

- I-No is confirmed to be alive, so her canon ending in AC is the one where That Man punishes her

- We still don't know anything about That Man's third servant

- That Man says Valentines are being born every day

- Sin stayed with Ky in the castle instead of traveling with Sol

- Maiden of the Grove/Dizzy was still asleep at the ending of Overture but due to her popularity, it's very likely she'll be playable

We are still not sure what AC endings are canon for many characters:

- Chipp could have teamed up with Pot or could have joined the Guild

- Pot could have been shot and presumably killed or teamed up with Chipp

- Baiken could have gone mad or teamed up with Anji for like the 59th time, their endings match

- May could have run away from Johnny, or not. Their two endings match each other

- Bridget may be Jam's waiter because Jam's other ending seems unlikely

- Venom's ending where he wages war with PWAB is most likely the canon one since his other ending involves him meeting a boy hinted to be Bridget's twin, and the ending where the twin has gone missing less likely because Jam's 1st ending is more likely

- Since Eddie is in the trailer, we can assume the ending where he evolved is canon

- Surely Milllia is alive, so she's still running

- Testament could have burned with the forest or just remained sad like 99% of the time

- Robo-Ky could have been scrapped or not, if it is the former it would be Robo-Pot now

- Slayer could have returned to the other world to retire or decided to fight again

- As for ABA, one of her endings has Paracelsus in a human body while the other has him stuck in Robo-Ky's head

- Zappa's ending where he gets spirited away into Slayer's world matches Slayer's one ending, while the other has him scared at S-Ko like 99% of the time

- Faust's endings can both be canon (ending wise, not path wise) as one has him giving Zappa a nasty plastic surgery

So what are your thoughts? What could happen?

- Since Eddie is in the trailer, we can assume the ending where he evolved is canon

When Zato appears inside Millia's eye in GGXrd trailer, I have always seen that as in Millia having to remember Zato/Eddie as shown in one of her AC+ endings, which I think is cannon because in her second ending she is kiiled by her fan. Also she and Eddie share thet ending where Eddie finally dies.

I think the idea and concept Overture wanted to introduce was "Gear Sentience", the idea that Gears and their ilk can grow independent thought (even further, a close-minded opinion such as Dr. Paradigm once had).

If you springboard that to Eddie, it could very well mean that he's trying to find a meaning to his existence and is trying to learn more about humans through Millia. When she says "Took you long enough." she could be referring to him taking too long to catch up to her.

I don't see any reason why he'd pursue her for her body anymore since it's been six straight years and he still hasn't fully decayed... I'd venture to say Zato's body is more of a regenerating corpse now (borderline Gear body).

They could very well be working together (which would be ironic) to circumvent the Post-War Administration Bureau.

Last we saw too, Testament, Potemkin (of Zepp), Sol, Venom, Slayer, Dr. Faust, were working towards a similar goal of defeating the PWAB.

---------

That all said, Venom has stated in the past that the PWAB is a sub-division of the United Nations. There's several bits to consider from that:

---Slayer (when still leader of the Assassins) likely obtained his OutRage from them (since it was stated in the first Guilty Gear that the majority of Sacred Treasures were "in the care" of the United Nations). It is likely the United Nations still owns or are aware of the remaining OutRage fragments that "Frederick" created (considering they put a bounty on Anji Mito's head for stealing the "Zessen" though it was 'given' to him).

---Venom's Assassins Organization at one point tried to obtain complete control over A-Country by electing Erica Bartholomew as a puppet President. How could he have obtained such influence and power to do such unless the United Nations somehow backed him?

---In regards to Dr. Faust and the 'surgery incident' that drove him insane, it's said that that incident was a staged Assassination whose contractor was one of Faust's colleagues but also a high standing member within the United Nations.

---PWAB was successful in creating Forbidden Beast technology based on the "Gearmaker's" Gear technology, but they don't fully understand the nature of the research, hence why they are trying to capture Millia and Eddie. Raymond (Faust's former colleague) somehow obtained some of this resarch for his own project in Isene, since his technique is the reverse of "Forbidden Dark Arts Binding" (Forbidden Magic), much like Leon Maining (an ex-Zepp Mercenary) attempted to do in Calronia Kingdom. Likely a lot of science circles (within or outside of PWAB) have been desperately chasing after "That Man's" notes, since he disappeared. Dr. Paradigm commented that he hid his "Research Scores" in Izuna's Underworld Hill which are a powerful record that could rival the Magic technology PWAB has been attempting to research.

---It should also be said that Testament was a victim of PWAB's research, being the only 'mostly-complete Gear' on record they created (though Justice has stated he was quite different from other Gears, not being fully within her influence, much the same as Sol). Given how desparate PWAB is to find out how to make Gears and how Forbidden Beasts work, I'd say they are chasing "That Man" as well.

---The United Nations was the first to point out that Justice' Seal was weakening prior to the first Guilty Gear. If that indicates the pretext that they "allowed" Testament to orchestrate that incident (it would make sense given they created Testament, and also that they obtained battle data on Justice during her fight with Sol for the Justice Copy, as well as Ky for the Robo-Ky series), it might mean they were trying to fully obtain Justice' body for cloning, especially given Dizzy's ending with Crow.

---A.B.A.'s creator "Paracelsus" was said to have been 'taken away' by a military organization, so the fact Crow knows a little about her and Flament Nagel might mean her creator has worked with PWAB or is still working for them (perhaps under forced pretenses).

---Marina and Solaria (an incomplete Command Type Gear) are sisters under the protection of the International Police Force (IPF) who work for (you guessed it) the United Nations!

---And with the incident in Ky's story pre-overture indicating that the United Nations 'Guild' has been watching Ky Kiske's 'family'...it could mean we haven't seen the last of Crow Kuruwaba.

---It's unclear, based on Crow's wording when Sol confronts him, but it might be that Crow knows Sol is the Gear Prototype.

He says to Ky, "So long as you keep hanging out with Gears, we'll meet again." *insane cackle*

Why you even consider AC story mode as canon? I remember when Oveture was released, Daisuke said that both Reload and AC are gaiden.

Gaiden isn't something that cements canon, in fact it supports it.

Neat. The GG Story thread is back.

Anyway, some other things that are elaborated on in Overture and its side materials are:

- Sol's Dragon Install is consuming him. It sounds like a condition that is escalating and his headband is losing it effectiveness at suppressing his Gear cells. Also his Xrd Install looks very similar to his look in GG2.

- "The Backyard" is the foundation of all magical science. Its a weird super-dimension that pretty much contains the machine code for all universal physics and whole of existence. So magic in GG is like hex editing reality?

- Sin has an eye patch for some dark mysterious reason. Also he hatched from an egg. Yeah that's weird.

- Ky is was set up as a figurehead leader with no real power by shadowy forces who know about his secret wife. Obviously any subtle political schemes immediately cause one to think the PWAB is behind it.

- A connection between Aria, Valentine and Valentine's "Mother." And why does Mech Valentine look so much like Justice?

Stuff to note about Valentine:

---No, she wasn't using the Key (Justice's Prime Field) to become a full Gear (since she didn't need to since she could influence Gears/Youkai much like a Command Type Gear anyway). Her mission from her mother was to get "past" the isolated space "That Man" created in the Backyard (the Cube which is based on Sol's Gear DNA Magic sequence) since it was in the way to something else.

---The official terms the devs labeled Valentines forms are thus:

"Robo Valentine" (the form that looks like Justice)

"Final Valentine" (the form that looks like an airship/music stage)

---The official terms the devs labeled Valentines forms are thus:

"Robo Valentine" (the form that looks like Justice)

"Final Valentine" (the form that looks like an airship/music stage)

was there ever any concept art published of those forms? i've never seen any. :?:

Those bosses were conceptually rendered entirely in 3D so no (just a brief paragraph describing them in GG2 Material Guide). Unless Daisuke ever creates promotional art for Valentine's forms, there likely won't be anything to go off besides screenshots.

The closest things I'm aware of are detailed fanart drawings by Lynx (a member here).

Gaiden isn't something that cements canon, in fact it supports it.

As a matter of fact, during the press Q&A at the loke test opening ceremony, Ishiwatari explicitly said that all of the games are canon. Guilty Gear Xrd is the "descendant" of both GGXX and GG2.

Gaiden can mean either "parallel story" or "supplementary story." It does not mean "non-canon."

^

Reminds me of Kakashi Gaiden, it's as canon as the main manga. Also I listed in the wiki that the main series are GG, GG2 and GGXrd, that's how I understood Ishiwatari's interview.

I'm really interested on the post-Overture politics, and Ky of course. The incident cannot be covered up and I doubt people are ready to accept Gears which were killing them just one generation ago.

Edit: speaking of gameplay and story, I love how Ky's moveset now has more seals. It kinda tells that his magic use advanced and becomes more tactical. My headcanon is that his body had taken so much that he'll eventually get weaker so he'd compensate by magic.

Well, when it comes down to Canonical things though, a lot of stuff in AC+ was disorganized and made little sense story-wise unless you took it on its own merits as a separate story from any other character, since some endings branched out all over the place. And the way Daisuke is describing everything as Canon now is a little conflicting with what he's stated in earlier interviews (not to say he's going back on his word).

Then again, I still believe AC+ was rushed, so I'm willing to forgive that due to how they're handling +R and Xrd.

Anyways, main thing being that we won't know the status of every character until:

---The roster is finalized.

---We get a story for everyone (which is unlikely since I think they're going to be using a new story-telling method similar to BlazBlue's "Calamity Trigger Reconstruction" where you're basically playing as every character and switching to another character based on how the story progresses).

Well, when it comes down to Canonical things though, a lot of stuff in AC+ was disorganized and made little sense story-wise unless you took it on its own merits as a separate story from any other character, since some endings branched out all over the place. And the way Daisuke is describing everything as Canon now is a little conflicting with what he's stated in earlier interviews (not to say he's going back on his word).

I believe he never decanonized anything, he just said GG2 is a direct continuation of GG. When people begin to wonder if the X series is canon that's when he said they're gaidens.

I wouldn't be so sure. If anything wasn't canon, it was the story branches between X+, XX, and AC+ that either haven't been fully explored yet, or just won't be covered... depending on what the next story will cover. (In other words any "bad ending" that didn't happen or "may not have" happened).

It was said a while ago that as of Overture he had planned at least two more Guilty Gear games to cover the plot. Xrd is obviously the first, but the second??? Well...

Don't even get me started on how convoluted and disorganized Axl Low's story technically is. He's been through a Loop (two incidents, both involving Sol not counting how many loops beyond that), met himself twice without incident (contrary to what both Faust and "That Man" say about another self being the cause of his problem), and in TWO games he was looking for "That Man" but was either unsuccessful or was and the one time he wasn't was all because of Raven influencing Anji to stop him. And he's not the only one influencing the timeline.

I'm looking forward to see what they do to introduce the "story so far" to new players, a lot of people is going to play GG for the first time with Xrd and some people, even if they are fans, probably have little knowledge of GG2.

I think some events in XX can be true, but majority of them are "what-if". I dont think that any AC ending of Robo-Ky or Slayer for example is canon.

GG reconstruction story will allow them to bring back Justice and Kliff without time loops, clones and stuff.

---A.B.A.'s creator "Paracelsus" was said to have been 'taken away' by a military organization, so the fact Crow knows a little about her and Flament Nagel might mean her creator has worked with PWAB or is still working for them (perhaps under forced pretenses).

Huh

2ceszr4.jpg

Regarding those reports...

I'm not so sure of the direct translation, as AC+ PWAB reports have made mistakes before (take a look at Testament's and you'll know for sure because it refers to the 2nd Sacred Order Tournament as the first).

As for if that's the case, A.B.A. was created by Paracelsus BEFORE he was taken away. It's never said by whom. Nor is it stated where he went or if they even know of him.

A.B.A. never publically mentions who her creator is to Crow or in the report (we just sort of know), except that she named Flament Nagel after her creator. I don't think they investigated much into the matter to even know (all we know is, Crow knows a little about Alchemy and how to give Flament Nagel a body for A.B.A.'s needs in her story).

Also, PWAB is known for giving misleading reports, saying they don't know how to make Gears when they clearly created Testament, or not knowing how Forbidden Beasts work, yet making Eddie and Angra.

Hmmm, here's a thought. We know the games are canon, but what about the manga and light novels? Can they be counted in as well?

Something tells me that guy who created that copy of Justice would be playable. And I heard an interview about Daishi talking about how I-No was doing "something else" for That Man that he was involved in during the GG2 storyline. Though GG2 had a awesome plot, it SHOULD'VE BEEN A FREAKING FIGHTER! But at the same time I understood why it wasn't. Anyway..yeah, I-No possibly confirmed.

As I understand it, everything is 'canon' so long as you account for any indiscrepancies. That is to say, One thing may happen to one character (Zappa getting freed from jail by Faust on accident), but that could turn out to later not really make any sense (as it does with Faust's story). However, it still happened; I think it's more like a snapshot of the character interactions and less a literal series of events. The exceptions, of course, would be the main "Canon" games, GG, GG2, and GGXRD, where everything is more or less on point with the story framework.

What I'm getting at is that the stories in XX and the drama CD's and such may or may not be canon, but they could be understand as how a character behaves and interacts with other characters (and even shed light on histories between characters).

That out of the way, this means that XRD is pretty much certainly going to have a complex story mode, perhaps as in depth as the Blazblue games have been getting. I know a lot of GG players don't really care for story mode stuff but I enjoy it myself, so I'll be looking forward to it.

Dizzy is the daughter of Sol and Aria.

Aria was converted into Justice.

Dizzy is the Maiden of the Grove.

Sin is the son of Ky and Dizzy.

While not explicitly confirmed, these are all things that you can really only deny if you ignore common sense and refuse to read between the lines.

Well, 3rd and 4th statements look valid. But others...

Justice was created about 100 years ago before Dizzy was born. I've played all games except X, spin-offs and Oveture (only saw story script) and cant remember any hint about her father. It looks like wild fan fantasy. Say lie 1000 times and it will become truth.

As for Justice... Well, her AC story ending and Sol's hatred to That Man are solid points, but That Man in the end of Overture says "The time of the apocalypse draws near. Aria won't wait any longer". Justice is dead, yet Aria lives.

Justice was created about 100 years ago before Dizzy was born.

Dizzy was hatched from an egg after an unspecified incubation period. She also appears to have connections to the OutRage, which Frederick created.

I've played all games except X, spin-offs and Oveture (only saw story script) and cant remember any hint about her father.

It was either Sol or That Man, and since Dizzy is half-gear, it was either Prototype Gear Sol and Human Aria, or Human That Man and post-conversion Justice.

As for Justice... Well, her AC story ending and Sol's hatred to That Man are solid points, but That Man in the end of Overture says "The time of the apocalypse draws near. Aria won't wait any longer". Justice is dead, yet Aria lives.

Valentine is a backup of Aria, and there are other backups emerging at the conclusion of GG2.

Justice was created about 100 years ago before Dizzy was born. I've played all games except X, spin-offs and Oveture (only saw story script) and cant remember any hint about her father.

There's 0 questioning that Justice id Dizzy's mother, as for her father there is a lot of evidence to support Sol as the father:

- Both Gear forms initially appear as shadowy winged beasts

- Both have install supers which completely drain them afterwords

- Sol entrusts her to Testament and even has to convince him to let her go and hang out with the Jellyfish

- Dizzy's Story Path 2 and Sol's Story Path 3 in XX

I'm pretty sure the whole "Sol is Dizzy's father" statement is mere fan speculation, just with some canon backing. Nothing has been confirmed sooo