Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Don't forget becoming the second non-Asian in history to learn how to use ki!

yes, kliff being the first correct?

God damn it, I crack up every time.

I WILL BE THE JOEKAGE OF AMERICA!

...I admit that had to be done.

Thanks Suzaku. I wonder if they will unseal Dizzy in time to make her playable for Xrd or maybe they will keep her sealed until Xrd 2 or future expansions of Xrd. It will be cool to have some novels explaining the story between GG2 and Xrd.

It will be cool to have some novels explaining the story between GG2 and Xrd.

Agreed and thanks for the translations as usual. Ky is such a boss.

I'm really hoping the whole Kiske family will make it to Xrd personally, I really wanna see Sin's black lightning, his gear install, and RTL will look in Xrd.

Faust > * . Truefax. I wouldn't be too worried about Baiken, either, since she's one of the characters who've been playable since the very beginning.

I'm pretty sure the whole "Sol is Dizzy's father" statement is mere fan speculation...

... With a mountain of foreshadowing across several games that would all be invalidated and prove utterly meaningless unless true. From a writing and scene directing perspective, if he's not her father, then every single goddamn scene suggesting it in Dizzy and Sol's story paths in GGXX would be completely wasted as they serve no other function than to foreshadow him as her father. Honestly, it's so likely that it's laughable to even hang on to the idea that it might not be true. I mean, I suppose it MIGHT. Just like it might be true that Sol gets all his power from his hair. But come on now...

It's like all those people that aren't convinced two characters that are clearly a couple are together unless they see them kiss on screen. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I don't need the story to tell me gravity exists to assume it true when I see "well they aren't flying off into space so..."

So then Sin is still traveling with Sol? Surprising since it felt like he was going to stay with his mom at the end of Overture. At least that's the impression I got, haven't played it in a while. I'm sure he will be a playable character in Xrd.

... With a mountain of foreshadowing across several games that would all be invalidated and prove utterly meaningless unless true. From a writing and scene directing perspective, if he's not her father, then every single goddamn scene suggesting it in Dizzy and Sol's story paths in GGXX would be completely wasted as they serve no other function than to foreshadow him as her father. Honestly, it's so likely that it's laughable to even hang on to the idea that it might not be true. I mean, I suppose it MIGHT. Just like it might be true that Sol gets all his power from his hair. But come on now...

Saw your messages in the wiki asking if I have a brain and I need to reply to this again (the Dizzy talk page also has my answers.) Here's the definition of foreshadowing:

"Foreshadowing or adumbrating is a literary device in which an author hints certain plot developments that perhaps will come to be later in the story. It is used to arouse the reader, viewer or listener about how the story will proceed and mentally prepare them for how it will unfold."

Foreshadowing isn't meant for us to make logical deduction and a conclusion, it's meant to prepare us for a revelation. Sol being revealed Dizzy's father might be foreshadowed or hinted, and that's it. The possibility is there, we are being prepared for it or we are being led into something. We haven't arrived at the point where this mystery is resolved.

Mountains of foreshadowing? There are FACTS that we must consider:

- Dizzy is three years old in GGX and Sol is 170+ years old. It was mentioned in an interview with Daisuke that Justice was carrying Dizzy when she was imprisoned and we can deduce she hatched an egg (Dizzy is similar with Sin) that incubated for two years before Dizzy was born.

- We don't know if Justice and Sol somehow had sex, or if Justice needed a sperm at the first place. This is amusing as Sol was trying to kill Justice for like a hundred years.

- Dr. Paradigm called Dizzy "Justice's backup" in Japanese

- Dizzy is stated as a half-Gear, half-human. It was never stated she has a father, it's just mentioned she's a product of a union between a Gear and a human. She could be a clone or anything whataver

- Dizzy's magic rings rotating at her feet has the following: her name, an Outrage symbol (examples of the Outrages are the Ky, Anji and Sol's weapons), and a Gear mark.

So these are all the facts that must be considered in concluding Sol is Dizzy's father. We don't know what exactly Dizzy is, we don't know the exact circumstances of her creation or birth so right now we just have to wait for more info. If Guilty Gear concluded without supplying us with an explanation, then we have every right to make the connections and make out own conclusions... but right now more things are set to be revealed.

This reminds me of shipping arguments where "yin/yang symbolism, moon and sun analogy, parallelisms in storylines, jealousy of love rivals, smiling at each other" automatically prove two people are destined to be lovers... errr nope.

I BELIEVE Dizzy is Sol's daughter and I want it to be true but right now I'm not calling it a fact. It's simply a fun, plausible theory right now.

Some strong hints for me about Dizzy being Sol's daughter involve her EX mode in GGXX. More specifically, the Necro Install overdrive. From my experience with Japanese storytelling in anime and video games, two characters do not share a distinct special move unless one of two things are true:

-The characters are blood related (Father/Daughter, Brother/Sister, etc)

-The characters trained together from a very young age by the same master (Ryu/Ken).

So now we have two characters with an eerily similar Overdrive with identical inputs and similar properties (both benefit from increased speed and power, but Dizzy grants perma-Super Armor while Sol's powers up his specials, too).

Also in Dizzy's EX Mode, she has Michael Sword, a normal special also shared with her Mother, Justice. Dizzy's does a downward slash while Justice does a full-screen horizontal swipe. Both have a unique "screen-cutting" effect.

That evidence there was pretty much what sold it for me.

Some strong hints for me about Dizzy being Sol's daughter involve her EX mode in GGXX. More specifically, the Necro Install overdrive. From my experience with Japanese storytelling in anime and video games, two characters do not share a distinct special move unless one of two things are true:

-The characters are blood related (Father/Daughter, Brother/Sister, etc)

-The characters trained together from a very young age by the same master (Ryu/Ken).

So now we have two characters with an eerily similar Overdrive with identical inputs and similar properties (both benefit from increased speed and power, but Dizzy grants perma-Super Armor while Sol's powers up his specials, too).

Also in Dizzy's EX Mode, she has Michael Sword, a normal special also shared with her Mother, Justice. Dizzy's does a downward slash while Justice does a full-screen horizontal swipe. Both have a unique "screen-cutting" effect.

That evidence there was pretty much what sold it for me.

Yeah I can say they ARE genetically related but that does not equate to parent/child. It could also mean That Man may have been involved in creating both or them. There are some theories that Justice was Aria and she's pregnant with Frederick's child for a hundred of years and decided to finally bring her out when she was defeated as some sort of a backup plan.

There are some theories that Justice was Aria.

I'd think that's the main hinge of this theory. Its pretty much based on a few conversations between Sol, That Man and Justice:

First there's the GG2 side story of That Man recalling the The Gear Project and having a conversation with Fred & Aria about evolution and missing links.

At the end of the Crusades, That Man feels the remorse of him condemning Justice to a terrible fate. (GGXX Justice story mode)

After being struck down, a dying Justice regains her memories about the old days of the Gear Project. (GG1 Sol Ending / AC+ Justice Story Mode)

That Man speaks to Sol about how they're both responsible for Aria's death. (GG2 ending)

then there's some side evidence about how both Valentine (Aria's copy) and Justice have access to very powerful mind control abilities and can induce strange painful headaches in Gears like Sol and Dizzy.

Quoting from another thread, and cutting it down to the part you're asking about (make sure to read the whole thread as there's good stuff in there):

Ky's Story:

The two spent about a year together of pure bliss. The happy times soon waned and the sense of guilt and immorality (t/n: immoral soul is the most direct translation I can get but not sure if that's the best way to put it? Maybe a feeling that he lacked morals is better) smoldered deep in Ky's heart. However, those feelings were soon brought back due to a certain event: his wife's pregnancy.

As a loving young couple, the result itself was more than mysterious. When the doctor, who was one of the few who knew about their situation, told them of the pregnancy, the couple held hands and rejoiced.

However, the change in the half-Gear's body due to the pregnancy was strange compared to that of a human’s. Her abdomen (nn: more like her belly area), in simply 3 weeks, grew to the size of an adult human halfway through her pregnancy -- growth that was far too fast. Ky was soon reminded that his wife was a Gear and that the baby inside who shared her blood was also a Gear. The sense of sin that was brewing deep within him was suddenly revived. As if to seal the deal, the words that came out of the doctor’s mouth gave birth to a darkness within Ky.

[i cannot see the fetus. It seems like it is surrounded by a hard shell.]

[….so...that...what does it mean?]

Ky asked as he felt everything in front of him grow dark.

[The GEAR—I'm sorry...Your wife is laying an egg.] (t/n: I'm sorry, it's supposed to be serious but I can't figure out a way to word it without making it sound hilarious)

Okay, guys, today the Xrd's webpage got updated with interesting news. First, Zato-1's confirmed as a character. YES, Zato. Not Eddie. Webpage names him as Zato-1, so what the hell.

http://ggxrd.com/character/zato/

Most importantly, theres also a new portrait, and a silhouette for a new character. Yup! Brand new one.

http://ggxrd.com/character/question/ God knows whatever this thing is. Since his icon appears separated from the original roster, people speculates he/she/it could be a final boss. Or a norotious character for the game.

Well Tsuki, you are almost right, I've found this sketch just a minute ago. Or you've seen this picture earlier or you're a medium.

823050201.png?1385021431

I don't know if it's leaked official or just fanart, but it looks pretty accurate to the silhouette. She looks like BOSS to me.

Well Tsuki, you are almost right, I've found this sketch just a minute ago. Or you've seen this picture earlier or you're a medium.

I don't know if it's leaked official or just fanart, but it looks pretty accurate to the silhouette. She looks like BOSS to me.

I could very well be a medium. lol Looks like fanart to me, just a very accurate one.

I'm seriously hoping Xrd aint throwing the "I-NO GOT TO TRAVEL BACK IN TIME AND GRABBED THE FIRST ZATO-1 SHE SAW AROUND" thing. Or else... Dear lord.

I'm soooo wanting to have the new character revealed, lol.

823050201.png?1385021431

Lmfao, well, that was quite accurate, somehow.

Today, the silhouette got finally revealed. Dude's known under the code name "Bedman". And he's the first, new playable character for Xrd.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131128004206/guilty-gear/images/1/18/Bedman_Guilty_Gear.jpg