Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

That sounds kinda maybe plausible, but I'd still like to see the source.

It's not, and there isn't one because TVTropes doesn't like sources. Don't ever trust that site.

Dizzy has revealing clothing because Ishiwatari is a perv. That's it. Don't expect her to have too different an outfit in combat whenever she gets added to Xrd.

I do wish that playable Dizzy's outfit won't be that leather stripper outfit but that pretty black dress she's wearing now.

No way.  That outfit made her stand out and we already have a dress character(Elph).  Plus if she wore a dress the whole time, we wouldn't see her awesome tail in battle as much. 

I feel her intro will probably be like GGX where she starts off in a dress then transforms.

No way.  That outfit made her stand out and we already have a dress character(Elph). 

We also had two cross-dressers before (Bridget and Testament), but that didn't stop anyone.

nobody gets mad when Venom takes off his undershirt and reveals dem abs, but Dizzy takes off her dress and everyone freaks out

I'd be mad about I-No, Dizzy and Elphelt existing, but it goes both ways. Maybe not as bad, and I'd love to see Dizzy in an outfit that fits her character more, but still, Zato, Venom, and Sin are all pretty fanservice-y.

nobody gets mad when Venom takes off his undershirt and reveals dem abs, but Dizzy takes off her dress and everyone freaks out

Only insecure people get mad at women looking hot, especially if it's in a video game.  Usually the only people who care are the white knights / feminist of internet, so that's why nobody cares about half naked guys with impossible body proportions. 

I'd be mad about I-No, Dizzy and Elphelt existing, but it goes both ways. Maybe not as bad, and I'd love to see Dizzy in an outfit that fits her character more, but still, Zato, Venom, and Sin are all pretty fanservice-y.

For me I wasn't too bothered with Dizzy back then (at least one character in a fighting game's gotta be fanservice-y, whether it fits her character [i-no] or not [Dizzy]), just that now, if she were to continue having that sort of attire despite there being enough already, I'd think the skin-tight attire (much like Zato) would fit her more. Hell, if not, I wonder if Arcsys will make a color palette for her that gives that illusion.

Y'all don't know what you're talking about. The way men are portrayed is talked about, but in a different way compared to how women are; Zato, Venom and Sin aren't dressed the way they are as fanservice (at least, not primarily), but to display an idea of the "ideal masculine body" for men to, for lack of a better word, idolize. There is a discussion to be had about the equally ridiculous expectations of men's appearances to women's (and in fact, it has been for at least a couple of years now), but that's beyond the scope of this thread.

Anyway, I'm just disappointed that she appeared so late and was unconscious during the ending. Seal's undone, though, so I really want her to be released as DLC. ArcSys, onegai

Anyway, I'm just disappointed that she appeared so late and was unconscious during the ending. Seal's undone, though, so I really want her to be released as DLC. ArcSys, onegai

I'm kinda wondering on why that was. Just some falling debris? I thought she was way tougher. Like in XX, she needed to fall off the Mayship in mid-flight to make her unconscious (also due to I-no's attack).

Only insecure people get mad at women looking hot, especially if it's in a video game.  Usually the only people who care are the white knights / feminist of internet, so that's why nobody cares about half naked guys with impossible body proportions. 

One of the things that put me off Eddie/Zato despite being a puppet character was that he was pretty much wearing paint instead of clothes. Venom also does looks better when he's fully dressed in the XX games.

It's not so bad in GG because you're right, there's male cheesecake to go around so at least stupid designs like Dizzy's are less to do with someone designing someone like Ky then desperately needing a wank and more to do with the general design of the characters (Blazblue is pretty bad for being much less even with this with Jin and Noel and ESPECIALLY Hazama and Makoto).

Regardless, this is starting to get off-topic and throwing out insults like white-knights means this conversation won't get pretty so whatever.

On-topic, while I like that Ram might actually have a personality in the next game judging by the ending (as corny and cringy as the ending and that reveal is) what do you reckon is gonna happen with Elphelt since she's went all Order 66? Are we gonna see her actual personality change like with Mu in the next game?

I'm kinda wondering on why that was. Just some falling debris? I thought she was way tougher. Like in XX, she needed to fall off the Mayship in mid-flight to make her unconscious (also due to I-no's attack).

She just used Gamma Ray and was frozen for a couple years to boot. Kind of puts a strain on even a powerful Gear, it seems. 

On-topic, while I like that Ram might actually have a personality in the next game judging by the ending (as corny and cringy as the ending and that reveal is) what do you reckon is gonna happen with Elphelt since she's went all Order 66? Are we gonna see her actual personality change like with Mu in the next game?

I personally see her retaining her giddy romantic personality but fighting on the villain's side, and also with a few more dramatic lines when fighting with Sol, Sin or Ram. She says in the ending that no matter what, she can't disobey Mother's programming, whether she maintains her emotions or not. So unless Mother decides to do a 180 and completely repress Elphelt's emotions, I still see her being all "OMG ROMANCE EEEEE" in future sequels.

End of Story Mode should of been unconscious Dizzy Nerco Installing and telling everyone to chill the fuck out (with ice).

Udine, you mean.

Anyway, ever notice something about Ariels that's a quite contradicting? We've been led to believe that she's El and Ram's "mother." If she really isn't, if she's faking to be the Universal Will, that kinda questions the Valentines' very existence. This was kinda my thought process, since she's not the Universal Will.

Valentines are supposedly spawns of Aria/Justice.

---Then what the hell is Ariels?

---Did she make them herself? Dunno how she would have that kind of power to make potential WMD's like the first Valentine who took the likeness of Justice and generated power from the backyard.

Valentines "supposedly" don't have emotions.

---Why is Ariels so surprised when she finds out they do?

---Were they not supposed to? That functionality should not have been included in the first place. But I guess in cloning blues, they somehow have to.

---Guess Ariels never "made" them. For all I care, they might have been either found or El and Ram, in particular, are Ariels' "daughters." Guess that explains their skin tone and hair color after all.   :psyduck:

Just my take on it, but I figure as the Universal Will pumps Valentines out, Ariels is hijacking control of them somehow. Just speculation though.

As for the Valentines having emotions, Elphelt stated in the story mode that the Universal Will probably saw the original Valentine's lack of emotion as why it failed in its purpose, hence Ram and El being designed with emotions.

No way.  That outfit made her stand out and we already have a dress character(Elph).  Plus if she wore a dress the whole time, we wouldn't see her awesome tail in battle as much. 

I feel her intro will probably be like GGX where she starts off in a dress then transforms.

We already have  stripper whore character (ram) so it seems both of those angles are taken.  Plus, there exists more dresses in the world than the wedding dress.

It only makes sense on a meta level. According to TVTropes...

That said, despite Elphelt and Ram absolutely dethroning Dizzy at that department (no, seriously, they do), I don't think that'll stop Daisuke from making Dizzy look like a stripper again.

I have absolutely never heard a source on that and I've never seen that referred to EVER outside of that site.  Quite frankly I think it's complete bullshit just like that "rumor" that Ishiwatari stepped down as Sol's voice in "protest" of AC.  

Ariels is indeed the Universal Will, that's proven in the Library. My assumption would be that the Universal Will is just controlling the leader of the Sanctus Populi like she intended to do with Justice, and it has been probably that way among all these years.

I don't think that Valentines are based on Aria on purpose. We can safely assume that when Aria/Justice interfaced with the Backyard, the objects that manifested in our world were somehow inprinted with her DNA/memories to a degree. Of course it's just rather far fetched speculation, but hey, that's all we got until the next game.

Ariels is either possessed by The Universal Will or affiliated to it like Bedman.   It's hinted either way.  There is no direct confirmation in the Library.  Elphelt describes it as a bodiless entity, which is why it sends out the Valentines to do her dirty work,  and the manner of which it manifests isn't exactly possession.  It caused the Y2K bug and tried to wipe out humanity with natural disasters in 1999.   When it surfaced again in 2074,  it created Variable X2 and X3 by extracting Justice's Prime Field DNA to assimilate reality into the Backyard.  Given the manner of its actions in the past and what Bedman and Ariels are trying to achieve, I'm not 100% confident that Ariels and UW are one in the same. 

On the topic of Dizzy's battle attire, since she's decked out in her Vastedge dress in Xrd, well, you can forget any thoughts of her outfit being more conservative.

And I personally look forward to any and all potentially awkward intro/Win quotes from Ky and Sin when she becomes playable.

post-895-0-87851000-1421417757_thumb.jpg

Replies to the "Dizzy outfit" posts

Nobody complains when most male characters wear pants but somehow female characters need to wear different things. Dizzy's tail is outside the skirt, not inside. But if they want to stick with her battle outfit, the Vastedge one is more preferable to me with that mini-shorts. Or something like this: http://repair-her-armor.tumblr.com/post/48016037850/ive-always-liked-dizzy-even-years-back-but-ive

Venom's outfit may be weird but looks functional yet sexy. Dizzy's leather outfit is uncomfortable and painful to look at, and that kind of thin leather worn on the crotch is awful. 

Ughh no and yes. 

Y'all don't know what you're talking about. The way men are portrayed is talked about, but in a different way compared to how women are; Zato, Venom and Sin aren't dressed the way they are as fanservice (at least, not primarily), but to display an idea of the "ideal masculine body" for men to, for lack of a better word, idolize. There is a discussion to be had about the equally ridiculous expectations of men's appearances to women's (and in fact, it has been for at least a couple of years now), but that's beyond the scope of this thread.

^

Agree with this. Hulk-figure muscles is not objectification on men, it's male fantasy. If you want to see how women draw themselves in "female fantasy" see shoujo with impossible flowy gowns, magic skirts and of course proportionate body sizes. If you want to see an objectified male characters see Nightwing from DC comics and Free! anime where the male characters strip because they're in a swimming team. 

We've been saying this a long time but people are so quick to dismiss posts like this as "angry feminist" posts, then the argument of "men are objectified too" regurgitated. GGXX:AC has these women I-No, Dizzy, MilliaJam, May, ABA, Justice, and Baiken. Those bolded ones have panty shots or butt shots. Half of the women. The rest are male characters and why would anyone care if they show some abs. Actually GGxrd is a big improvement and I'm happy.

I'm not against sexy outfits overall, big boobs, and "hot" outfits for women, but it's just frustrating and disappointing when people make it appear that male characters are treated the same way as female characters and pretend there's no issue and feminists need to "chill."

Anyway, I do agree that I was disappointed with the "Dizzy faint." But maybe it's due to her Gamma Ray that drained her energy (even if she's still standing afterwards.) I hope she has a bigger role in the future and more moments with people outside her family.

What I've really wanted is the mini-dress she wore in Overture and Vastedge. That would have rocked. I loved the pony-tail and the clothing pattern.

I wanna see Ram be like a Valentine version of Sol in the sequel. Like how Sol is a prototype gear but is still able to take out pretty much any other member of his species (like freaking Justice).

I can see it now: Ram is fighting through an army of Valentines to get to El, and they're like, "You are just a tool who has outlived it's usefulness."

And Ram's like, "No. I am unique"

And then fires the gamma r-- calvados.

I am resisting the urge to start ranting about dizzy since her outfit was brought up, but all I really have to say I guess is that I think her dress looks better than the leather straps. :P