Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

SPOLER ALERT

I was wondering if Ky is half gear (apparently) isn't he going to be affected by other commander gears such as Justice. Or is he going to be ok since he has Dizzy by his side. He seemed to be ok when Justice controlled the other soldiers but I was curious about this since Testament couldn’t do anything against Justice’s will.

I really don't know what they were trying to pull with making Ky part-Gear

I mean, he is one of the most powerful humans in the GG universe, so it makes some sense I guess, but how

the explanation I'm going with is that Gear cells are an STD

also, if it does have something to do with Dizzy, she's a Command Gear like Justice is, so if Ky go it from her, he'd be immune to Justice's control as well

which is good, visits from the mother-in-law are bad enough as it is

Completed Story today, not all arcades yet though... my highlights, maybe spoilers.

-Favorite moment is Johnny sneaking behind Bedman, and says "Keep your eyes on the prize son" (with that Johnny Cash accent), then Storyteller starts.

-Justice is a giantess with big boobs. I like. Though I'd like an in-game explanation for this.

-Dizzy was beautiful and lovely.

-Ram's emotional breakout near the end touched my heart.

SPOLER ALERT

I was wondering if Ky is half gear (apparently) isn't he going to be affected by other commander gears such as Justice. Or is he going to be ok since he has Dizzy by his side. He seemed to be ok when Justice controlled the other soldiers but I was curious about this since Testament couldn’t do anything against Justice’s will.

I assume it's just as you said. If justice had any power over Ky she would have controlled him when she manipulated the Opus.

I assume it's just as you said. If justice had any power over Ky she would have controlled him when she manipulated the Opus.

She didn't control Dizzy neither, so maybe Dizzy has something to do with Ky "half-gear" state.

So I'm very disappointed that Sin's line in the final chapter was "I'm falling" and not "oh no... I'm falling..."

Very disheartening localization team. 0/10

Oh, I didn't see that anywhere. Where did you hear that?

I looked in to that years ago, but so far I haven't found any evidence that Sheer Heart Attack had a bar code number by that sequence (and I checked LP barcodes too).

It might be a bootleg (not to insult Daisuke).

In other news, it's Baiken's Birthday!

And I wrote an article on Fake OutRages (my apologies to Ed Chang)...

I don't even play her, but I really want Bacon to return just for the chance to have Momentary Life blasting again.

But the game is in 3D now, so making scripted fights would be exactly the same as making brand-new 3D animation from scratch, which is exactly what we got.

But honestly, who even really needs gameplay in fighting game story modes? Unless they can make some kind of cool, non-playable boss encounter, like in BBCP or P4AU2, there's no point to fights anyway. I'd rather have a cool cutscene that show stuff impossible in the core fighting engine (like we have now) than just another lifeless fight with the CPU.

You'll be surprised, but I know a few people who were genuinely disappointed by the lack of gameplay in the story mode. The same people also say that fighting games don't need plot at all, so yeah :v:

I’m disappointed by the lack of gameplay in story mode. This is a game and it has to make you feel that you are taking part of it. I’m not saying it has to be like XX/AC story mode. 3 fights would be enough, 2 against Bedman and 1 at the end against Elphelt. That would be enough to make the players feel that they are participating in the game.

But honestly, who even really needs gameplay in fighting game story modes? Unless they can make some kind of cool, non-playable boss encounter, like in BBCP or P4AU2, there's no point to fights anyway. I'd rather have a cool cutscene that show stuff impossible in the core fighting engine (like we have now) than just another lifeless fight with the CPU.

Uhhhh cool fights like "fireman persona style".... ye shur

I'd just like for there to be more then one round, it goes by so fast like why are we even doing this.

I talked about the whole "talking heads problem" in GGXrd that harkens back to Street Fighter IV which has no fight intros like BlazBlue does.

According to older GG interviews, Daisuke said they still haven't wrapped their heads around designing everything in 3D (and only started hiring experts for Unreal Engine recently), and much later they learned how to do new things that other 3D developers never even CONSIDERED doing...

1. It's a lot of effort to set those intros up system-wise and fit all that in to the game as a staple since they're working with models, not just sprites anymore.
2. What with Danger-time, you can't exactly stage clashes yourself anymore. (Not to mention they haven't exactly fixed all the collision issues with Blitz Shield yet, as you can still glitch with Potemkin, and Dragon Installed Sol's Head is still missing during Pote's IK).

For now at least, Story Mode is what it is and it's the best we'll probably get for now.

I'm sure they'll think of something.

The only two things they have in common are white clothes and gender, neither of which is that rare. They are on completely opposite sides.

Here's some Jack-O' for you:

Older posts discussing the 3rd Servant:

FYI, Jack-O', Raven, and I-No have been serving "That Man" since 2180 when they first appeared in Lightning the Argent during a "meeting" discussing the singing produced by Command-Type Gear Solaria.

I-No in particular has known "That Man" since 2173 (alternate timeline), maybe earlier.

Raven has existed since 1213 A.D. roughly, if he really is a former German Crusader, though it's unclear when he first met the Gearmaker, probably some time after the events of 2074.

Side Note: Anji Mito worked with Raven for a short stint to capture I-No in 2181.  After that he went to look after Baiken and kept an eye on "That Man" from a distance.

"That Man" has been around since 1999 and earlier, so he is over 170+ years old, like Sol.

I wonder why That Man has so many followers to begin with. Like I'm pretty sure each of them have their own reasons for joining forces with him, I wonder what Jack-O's reason is.

I can't say for sure how long or even IF Bernard was THE Commander of the Sacred Order before Kliff, since Kliff was already an old man by the time Ky took over.  Not to mention GGXrd's Library isn't 100% accurate, given some data conflicts with GG Bible info.  I can only say that Bernard was a commanding officer and one of Ky's advisers/teachers and later became his Butler.