Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Actually:

1. It's already a retcon considering the fact that GGXrd implies that there were "other" Prototype Gears built "after" Sol was converted.

2. Justice never met Sol during the "restart" of the Gear Project in the 2060s, in fact Justice wasn't even activated until after the Mass Production Series was distributed.

3. Justice is confirmed to be a "copy" of Aria, and not the real deal, given what the GGXrd Library says.  So most likely her memories were implants, much the same as the first Valentine's.  Dizzy talking about her "artificial implants" also confirms this.

4. Jack-O' being "Half of Aria" has been with "That Man" since at least 2180 (Lightning the Argent) and if he'd met her long before that, it would explain how he was informed on the Valentines.  

Sol knows nothing, just as much as we know nothing... (The Reason he's sad in GG1's Ending is because he knew Justice' circumstances as a Gear and wanted to save her but couldn't because she'd just be used as a Weapon again.)

Aria is implied to be (by "That Man") the Merciless Apocalypse which the Valentines refer to as "Mother", the Valentines themselves are referred to as "Illegitimate Children" so most likely they are incomplete copies of Aria.

So, that having been said... Half of Aria is "somewhere" in the Backyard most likely, but how she got there is anyone's guess, much less how she split herself in Half to become "Jack-O'".

Also, side note: How can "Aria" (Apocalypse) seek to revive "Aria" (Justice)?

Again, it just confirms Justice was a Copy of Aria, just like the Library in Xrd says.

Actually:

1. It's already a retcon considering the fact that GGXrd implies that there were "other" Prototype Gears built "after" Sol was converted.

2. Justice never met Sol during the "restart" of the Gear Project in the 2060s, in fact Justice wasn't even activated until after the Mass Production Series was distributed.

3. Justice is confirmed to be a "copy" of Aria, and not the real deal, given what the GGXrd Library says.  So most likely her memories were implants, much the same as the first Valentine's.  Dizzy talking about her "artificial implants" also confirms this.

4. Jack-O' being "Half of Aria" has been with "That Man" since at least 2180 (Lightning the Argent) and if he'd met her long before that, it would explain how he was informed on the Valentines.  

Sol knows nothing, just as much as we know nothing... (The Reason he's sad in GG1's Ending is because he knew Justice' circumstances as a Gear and wanted to save her but couldn't because she'd just be used as a Weapon again.)

Aria is implied to be (by "That Man") the Merciless Apocalypse which the Valentines refer to as "Mother", the Valentines themselves are referred to as "Illegitimate Children" so most likely they are incomplete copies of Aria.

So, that having been said... Half of Aria is "somewhere" in the Backyard most likely, but how she got there is anyone's guess, much less how she split herself in Half to become "Jack-O'".

Also, side note: How can "Aria" (Apocalypse) seek to revive "Aria" (Justice)?

Again, it just confirms Justice was a Copy of Aria, just like the Library in Xrd says.

Makes a lot more sense.  Though, I thought the talk he had with That Man at the end of Overture gave him a clue that Justice was connected to Aria in some fashion when he was told that that they both "killed her" and Sol seemed to realize what he was talking about.  Unless this implies that Sol might've killed the real Aria after he was converted since, as he's always alluded to, he can't control his destructive instincts as a Gear without his limiter.

More befuddling is what this implies about Aria and the Universal Will.  Is Aria possessed by the Universal Will/Merciless Apocalypse? And what do Ariels and Bedman have to with the Universal Will and Valentines?  Eesh, this is getting confusing. 

On a side-note, I'm happy that Raven is going to be on the roster and I'm also hoping that this Tuner is actually Mizuha from GGXra.

When "That Man" says that they both already killed her, he also later says that he wants to "save" her... so her Death might not be relevant in either case.

Something tells me that by "killing her" they banished her to the Backyard somehow... or something to that effect.

Remember during Justice' activation test there was mention of DNA replication from Justice' DNA?

All I can say is, is that Variable X has something to do with this, not to mention the "Gear Archetype" referred to in the original GG Bible, what it is and what it's for is anyone's guess but it might have something to do with the Cube and the Prime Field Gear Cells.

As for this "Tuner" you mentioned, that's the first I've heard of it, so I'd like to hear more.

So when did Mori hijack the plot :V

That said, I'm curious at least. How many more Valentines are there, fuck.

So when did Mori hijack the plot :V

That said, I'm curious at least. How many more Valentines are there, fuck.

Somehow I think it's the other way around... Mori stole Daisuke's idea. :P

There was one valentine at least when Overture came out, rather than THREEEE.

So how did Sol not know about Aria? You'd think he would catch onto something like that.

Oh yeah and I should also mention that Justice' ability to control other Gears and beings from the Backyard (Gear Resonance Component, something Dizzy later inherited as Crow Kuruwaba noted when he operated the Justice Copy in Accent Core) wasn't something native to Justice at first.

That's why "That Man" sought to get Solaria's Singing Data in Lightning the Argent, because it was something "That Man" didn't know Gears could evolve and do in the first place.

So that Resonance thing will come in to play much later too.. (Sol hasn't "awoken yet" so he might be able to resonate with other Gears, despite him calling it "Noise" right now...)

When Sol became a Gear, he left right after and anyone in the lab after that (even Vince Mcdonnell the head of the project) also disappeared.

Weeell... god I hate to say this... but in Overture it WAS SAID that millions of Valentines were being created everyday.

Hooray for Overture

Well not "Millions" but definitely many.... lol

Collectively the army is referred to as the Vizuel.

Somehow I think it's the other way around... Mori stole Daisuke's idea. :P

True Enough.  Mori's more popular for it, but Daisuke's the one who first introduced the whole "make a clone of the protagonist's loved one to screw with his head" trope since Overture, which came out a year before Blazblue.  

And if you want to going into in hindsight,  Daisuke's been doing this since the original game.

Which means...

Daisuke is to blame for all of Mori's trolling! >_<

Though, this makes Dizzy's origins into an even larger headache.  Does this make her a copy of a copy of Aria?   And how was she born?  Why is she half-human? What's her connection to the Outrage?  Daisuke's mindscrews are worse than Mori's sometimes, but at least he keeps them all within one medium and series.

Ky fucked a clone of a clone of Sol's lover. In other words, Ky FUCKED SOL'S LOVER. Much bro

^Make no mistake Dizzy is still "Half Gear", so the question is how was she born?  In a tube?  Or an egg?  Or what exactly?

We don't know.

Yeah, that's kinda screwed up when you think about it.   Like Ragna-levels of screwed up. O_o

Oh well, at least it finally lays to rest the whole "Dizzy is Sol's daughter" nonsense.

BUT SHE IS:( don't take away something that... actually still makes little sense fuck

My question concerning Dizzy isn't so much "How" she was born, but who made her...?

I don't think "That Man" had much to do with Dizzy's origins... or if he did, he makes no mention of it.

If Dizzy has any connection to Aria at all... it's going to be interesting how things play out.

(By the way, most "copies" of Aria had Red or semi-red or pinkish hair... Dizzy's hair is BLUE.... that's a tell-tale sign right there.)

My question concerning Dizzy isn't so much "How" she was born, but who made her...?

I don't think "That Man" had much to do with Dizzy's origins... or if he did, he makes no mention of it.

If Dizzy has any connection to Aria at all... it's going to be interesting how things play out.

Given that in GGXPlus and GGXX Midnight Carnival, he seemed to be as surprised and confused that she existed as everyone else, it's a mystery all right. 

Especially when you consider that she's supposedly more powerful than her mother, unlike the Valentines and the Justice Copies who are all deemed inferior than the original.

I guess the only one could be able to answer the question at this point is Justice herself.

When "That Man" says that they both already killed her, he also later says that he wants to "save" her... so her Death might not be relevant in either case.

Something tells me that by "killing her" they banished her to the Backyard somehow... or something to that effect.

Remember during Justice' activation test there was mention of DNA replication from Justice' DNA?

All I can say is, is that Variable X has something to do with this, not to mention the "Gear Archetype" referred to in the original GG Bible, what it is and what it's for is anyone's guess but it might have something to do with the Cube and the Prime Field Gear Cells.

As for this "Tuner" you mentioned, that's the first I've heard of it, so I'd like to hear more.

Tuner was mentioned in Sourenga's original post.   

Okay guys I have a theory about Jack-O's origins:

Okay first of all, Justice was created from what was left of Aria's DNA before she died of PT... that much is certain.

Years later, Justice runs a boot-up test while connected to the Backyard...

The "Universal Will" (heretofore referred to as "Variable X") hacks in to Justice' DNA....

This Variable X enters Justice' DNA and basically replicates like a massive computer virus.

The result "ejects" two giant biological entities from Justice DNA in the form of "Variable X1" and "Variable X2" in Japan...

The world starts going crazy after this, and "That Man" decides these 2 giant life forms have to be destroyed, so he has Justice target them both and blow a hole in the water where Japan used to be.

No sign of Variable X1 or X2 after that...

But, I think Jack-O' might be what's left of "Variable X2".

"That Man" probably found her when looking for survivors (this corroborates with Baiken's recollection of him visiting what was left of Japan later on).

I should also add that when "That Man" says to Sol that they (both) "already killed Aria" he could be alluding to the fact that:

1. "That Man" didn't tell Frederick about Aria's PT condition and waited for her to confess about it on her own.

2. Frederick respected Aria's wishes to "live in the now" and "not become something else".

In that way, it could be construed that they both allowed her to die.

So Dizzy might be a Valentine and Ky basically NTR'd Sol....that's great.

Could you guys please stop making stuff up, I know that it's all speculation and shit but come on. Your just confusing us even more with pointless banter.

Until clearly stated otherwise there is nothing to suggest that Dizzy might be a valentine. The only thing we do know is that she IS Justice's daughter. Which clearly makes her no clone.