Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Agreed.  Also, I loved Jam's line in the trailer.

"Normally, one is born only with a single power. But Heaven has blessed me with more than one gift!  I'm beautiful AND I can fight!"

More like between GGX and now. We may have some grasp of what Jam could be doing even with the omissions of XX, but for all we know, Bridget could still just be out bounty hunting or still looking for Eddie.

Cant even remember what Jam even adds to the overall story. As far as I remember she was just comic relief.

Well, she was being pursued back in GGXX: Midnight Carnival by the PWAB/Conclave because they wanted to examine her due to her proficency in Ki, along with May and Chipp since Ki is the least understood magic of the five elements.  Given that eastern Ki-users are being afflicted with Ki-Overflow Syndrome,  she might be seeking treatment or will perhaps be a vital component in helping Faust and Kum understand more about the illness. 

Jam was last seen doing Bounty Hunter work to cover the costs of the loan she took out on her restaurant (which Bridget was seen working at, but he may be looking for his twin brother or trying to become an entertainer at some point).

Based on her GGXrd intro, she seems to be back to Bounty Hunting as a gig, though she's a chef on the side.

While PWAB was chasing her for her Ki talent, I think they got enough data from her when Crow Kuruwaba tested his Justice Copy against her and lost, so they're probably biding their time trying to figure out how to deal with her fighting abilities, though I'm not so sure she'd stand a chance against Bedman.

Just thought I'd post the screens we have of Kum Haehyun so far (aka Tuner)

Spoiler

A72jE0L.jpgbQ4oE5O.pngr2HmxtG.jpgSDqtyZM.png

Are we sure it's her and not Bedman's sister or whatever?

4 hours ago, Evil edge said:

sorry if I sound confused but I thought Tuner was an old man ?  also what Trailer ?

TGS console announcement trailer. Check a few pages back for info on Tuner.

6 hours ago, This Man said:

Purple eyes, purple hair, evil grin - it's got to be Bedman's sister, shirely?

I doubt she's related to Bedman. JP BBS/Twitter only mentioned her connection to Johnny and Faust.

Also, here's cool little shared design feature between Female form and Ojisan form Tuner.

Spoiler

Her headphones are shaped like Ojisan form's bell

93jfpym.png

The name "Tuner" seems to be yet another direct musical reference. To support this, the bell ornaments seem to resemble a headphone set. I may have stumbled upon a Korean musician/band whose name--and possibly(?) style/appearance--might've served as inspiration for her design as well. I'll have to dig it up, though, as it's been a few weeks since I found it; I should've posted it right away before. Not entirely sure how reliable these particular findings would've been, though.There's also these guys. All in all the bells suggest the use of sound (waves, etc.) for either plot, combat, [and/]or other purposes. This may be loosely connected to this somehow but with some sort of fantasy element and a bit of edge thrown in for good measure.

Also, wasn't it mentioned that Tuner is a doctor, or might be the doctor Faust was searching for? In which case, I wonder how the concept of manipulating sound ties into all that (that is, if sound is a prominent theme to this character). Sound therapy? The ability to stir/control the emotions of others? The list goes on. Could make for an interesting plot element.

On 11/12/2015, 2:36:14, Tokkan said:

Tuner is not a name, it's a title. The character's name is Kum Haehyun.

Well, I know the character's real name and all, as another member on here confirmed it for me a while back in another thread. I still trust in my assessment, however. Actually, the fact that it's a title probably makes (at least some parts of my assessment) even more likely. I surmise she's responsible with or capable of keeping (some)things in tune, or she herself is in tune with something (i.e., "nature," etc.) I theorize that 'tuning' might serve as the method through which her medical technique is administered--assuming she's in fact a doctor as some have suggested/gathered, that is. The bells might possibly be used as catalysts for this. If nothing else, "Tuner"  may at the very least serve as a (stealth?) musical reference to such things as 'tuning a guitar'

I know she's traveling with Sin and Sol, but do we have any idea what Ramlethal is doing, Story-wise, in her Arcade Mode, or at least who her Boss is?

4 hours ago, RWA Announcer said:

I know she's traveling with Sin and Sol, but do we have any idea what Ramlethal is doing, Story-wise, in her Arcade Mode, or at least who her Boss is?

I'm assuming she cut all ties with her boss aka The Universal Will. Though I want to know if her personality has softened a bit or if she is still distrustful towards humans and the like. All we know is that she has joined Sol in his quest to save Elphelt.

so knowing what we know now and considering that the next game should hopefully focus on that mans full goals, just how much mor eover powered are sol and that man going to have to get to stop the merciless apocalypse?

when you can bust something like felion without effort theres gotta be a massive power discrepancy if that man is trying so hard to beef up sol before it arrives.