Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

I wonder if the story mode will be the same length as Sign's. Revelator is the end of the That Man arc. Also I wonder how will Guilty Gear continue its story.

On 5/19/2016 at 8:58 AM, churchblue said:

I wonder if the story mode will be the same length as Sign's. Revelator is the end of the That Man arc. Also I wonder how will Guilty Gear continue its story.

Revelator doesn't end That Man's Arc.  Daisuke stated in a Famitsu article last year that the confrontation between Sol and That Man won't happen until the Universal Will and Ariels are dealt with, and going by the snippets we've seen in the trailers, they're going to succeed in a large extent with their plans(mainly Justice's revival). Then there's whatever the heck Bedman is plotting behind their back.  This is the arc where That Man will finally reveal his secrets. but his story isn't over yet.

I ain't sayin' nothing till June 7th!

Baiken, Zappa, Robo-Ky showed up in Story Mode apparently.

3 hours ago, kylehyde said:

Pretty sweet if true.

Don't worry, (some) people already have it early, lol.

2 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Don't worry, (some) people already have it early, lol.

Yeah I actually already saw the screen cap. I'm trying to stay away from anything that could spoil the game's story though lol. Hanging out here probably ain't a good idea for the time being.

MASSIVE XrdR STORY MODE SPOILERS!!!

jbbs has nice summary stuff already and I decided to post all of them here, so that the people who like spoilers can boost up their hype by reading these.

Spoiler

About each characters roles in the Story.

SOL:
The scene where he drives through a snowy field with his bike is so cool!
During Sin/Ram's talk in a room, Sol kicks the door in all drunk and asks them for dinner. Gives also advice to Ram how to break windows to pieces.
In Ky's office, Sol has Ky to pour him some alcohol.
Sol's conversations with Leo are pretty funny.

KY:
As Chipp warned him, Ky goes to meet Ariels and gets a bad feeling from her answer.
Goes straight out and calls Sol a "friend" and acts pretty embarrassed when pouring alcohol to Sol.

SIN:
Flirts around with Ram.

PARADIGM:
Zappa works as his assistant.
He is the recipient of medicine

LEO:
Talks a lot about Sol this time.
He tells he was the type to not listen during class in school.

SLAYER:
Very satisfied about his revenge match with Bedman.

ZATO:
Goes to negotiate with the Third Allied King to make Assassin's Guild an official part of military.
Apparently the key in fighting Bedman is that he reads your thoughts before you make an attack, so you must fight free from any thoughts.

MILLIA:
Watches the Slayer VS Bedman match with Zato.

VENOM:
Raises a bunch of death flags. Venom is on independent action and ends up meeting with Robo-Ky.....

FAUST:
Meets up with Zappa at a library. Both of them later meet up with Ky.

ZAPPA:
Key person. He notices the abnormality with "Information Flares" and goes to personally negotiate with Illyria. Kinda like Paradigm's assistant.

ROBO-KY:
Is being bullied by some kids.

HAEHYUN:
Mainly interacts with May, Jam and Baiken. Cooperates with Baiken to buy some time for the Japanese.

MAY:
Brings Baiken and Haehyun together.

BAIKEN:
Asks a ton of questions from Haehyun, then suggests that they should cooperate.

RAM:
Cute stuff
Did she survive?

ELPHELT:
Restrained within Justice, Ariels talks to her about seriously insane stuff with a crazy good smile.

BEDMAN:
Acknowledges that Slayer is able to fight equally with him. Says that now he might have to use 8% of his true power.
Making all kinds of moves behind the scenes.

JACK-O' & RAVEN:
Talking with each other until That Man is released.
Raven keeps on looking more and more like a good guy.

AXL:
Starts to be able to freely use his powers.
Still hesistating and gets some counseling from I-No.

I-NO:
Counseling for Axl.

CHIPP:
Comedy conversations with his underling.
Notices Universal Will's true identity

THAT MAN:
Trapped until the very last moments of Story.
Very soon he will reveat the truth of his past.

ARIELS:
A very childish nature and talkative. Crazy good smile. Leaves a very strong impression.

CHRONOS:
Disables the Felion that had trapped "That Man".

In the Story it is found out that when a Japanese person touches a "Information Unit Flare" (A large amount of information exceed the capacity that the space is able to withhold, and then the information will leak out.) they overwrite the information around them and become "spirit possessed" transforming into large Gears.
Ariels plans to create a massive antimatter explosion using all Gear-transformed Japanese people and harvest that energy to activate Justice once again.

THE ENDING
Elphelt's location is found, although they don't know it's a trap set up by Ariels
Ram goes alone and is attacked by a huge Gear (which a self-destructing type)
Ram tries to escape and then notices Ariels has left a little girl in the middle of battle field.
Ram rescues the girl, but is surrounded by Ariels' powered-up and brainwashed Elite Guardian troops.
Ram asks Lucifero to take the girl to safety, but Ram herself is unable to escape from the troops, so the Gear goes and explodes.
Afterwards, Ky receives a report that something resembling Ramlethal's corpse was found and Ky ponders what should they do now
Story Mode ends here.

EDIT: Few characters Story details added.

Seems like there are more to come. The story is too short compare with Xrd sign. Based on the spoilers, it's seems like only half of the story being told though...

Looks like the story is going to be told in small increments and they plan to update it when/if more characters are released.

We may very well be in for a long haul, folks.

Yeah, post-launch Story DLC was already confirmed, but I totally thought it was going to be something smaller like an epilogue leading to the next game... Not that the Story Mode is half finished.
After all, Ishiwatari kind of promised to finish all the other side stories during Revelator but this Story Mode didn't even go as far as rescuing Elphelt. Of course, it's simple to patch more stuff in later not mention it's supposed to be free, but still... 

Just to mention, the reactions on jbbs aren't exactly peaceful... Saying that only 5 Chapters isn't much at all... Saying that ArcSys is releasing truly incomplete products... Saying that Revelator Extend is coming soon... Well, people are disappointed.

48 minutes ago, Sourenga said:

jbbs has nice summary stuff already and I decided to post all of them here, so that the people who like spoilers can boost up their hype by reading these.

Reveal hidden contents

SOL:
During Sin/Ram's talk in a room, Sol kicks the door in all drunk and asks them for dinner. Gives also advice to Ram how to break windows to pieces.

KY:
As Chipp warned him, Ky goes to meet Ariels and gets a bad feeling from her answer.
Goes straight out and calls Sol a "friend" and acts pretty embarrassed when pouring alcohol to Sol.

SIN:
Flirts around with Ram.

PARADIGM:

LEO:

SLAYER:

ZATO:
Goes to negotiate with the Third Allied King to make Assassin's Guild an official part of military.
Apparently the key in fighting Bedman is that he reads your thoughts before you make an attack, so you must fight free from any thoughts.

MILLIA:

VENOM:
Raises a bunch of death flags. Venom is on independent action and ends up meeting with Robo-Ky.....

FAUST:

ZAPPA:
Key person. He notices the abnormality with "Information Flares" and goes to personally negotiate with Illyria. Kinda like Paradigm's assistant.

ROBO-KY:

HAEHYUN:
Mainly interacts with May, Jam and Baiken. Cooperates with Baiken to buy some time for the Japanese.

MAY:

BAIKEN:

RAM:
Cute stuff
Did she survive?

ELPHELT:
Restrained within Justice, Ariels talks to her about seriously insane stuff with a crazy good smile.

BEDMAN:
Acknowledges that Slayer is able to fight equally with him. Says that now he might have to use 8% of his true power.

JACK-O' & RAVEN:

AXL:

I-NO:
Counseling for Axl.

In the Story it is found out that when a Japanese person touches a "Information Unit Flare" (A large amount of information exceed the capacity that the space is able to withhold, and then the information will leak out.) they overwrite the information around them and become "spirit possessed" transforming into large Gears.
Ariels plans to create a massive antimatter explosion using all Gear-transformed Japanese people and harvest that energy to activate Justice once again.

THE ENDING
Elphelt's location is found, although they don't know it's a trap set up by Ariels
Ram tries to escape and then notices Ariels has left a little girl in the middle of battle field.
Ram rescues the girl, but is surrounded by Ariels' powered-up and brainwashed Elite Guardian troops.
Ram asks Lucifero to take the girl to safety, but Ram herself is unable to escape from the troops, so the Gear goes and explodes.
Afterwards, Ky receives a report that something resembling Ramlethal's corpse was found and Ky ponders what should they do now
Story Mode ends here.

There seems to be a serious lack of two characters in the story.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ck7f3
I recorded the Story Trailer. ArcSys also confirmed during pre-launch Nico broadcast that some of the footage in trailer is from post-launch Story DLC.

Translation for the trailer

Spoiler

ARIELS: Right now, uninvited things are devastating out land, past and future. The Universal Will is said to not possess a consciousness, but that's exactly why we should challenge it, someone who doesn't possess culture, with our pride and past.
ARIELS: That was a well-made speech, don't you think?
VERNON: What's your opinion?
LEO: You could say that the whole world is preparing for war with the Universal Will.
???: Hey, what's going on!?
ZAPPA: This is no trivial matter...
???: Isn't the answer from Ministery here yet?
SOL: If Elphelt fuses with Justice, then all wil be for nothing.
KY: To think they had absorbed the Assassin Guild without asking from us first...
???: The reason for this situation is the guardians of that law, the Conclave... Isn't that right?
ZAPPA: Doctor, could that patient possibly be---
JAM: The flow of "Ki" with the people here is something I've never seen...
HAEHYUN: The world itself is disarrayed.
BEDMAN: The vampire...? Why are you here?
SLAYER: ...for payback.
AXL: Then, do you mean that you're not afraid of your powers!?
I-NO: A dog will remain a dog unless it does something.
JACK-O': You really don't mean to act until "he" returns?
RAMLETHAL: I will go alone.
PARADIGM: You must not let the colony residents get out of there!
LEO: Save... the world.
ELPHELT: Mother... You're... You are a demon!!
THATMAN: The humanity will bet everything on this... This time we will settle it all. The time has come... The time for me to tell the whole truth.
--
SOL: That's a messed up excuse! Say things after you've seen the results of them! Humanity nearly perished, and I... I... Argghhh!

5 hours ago, Sourenga said:

Reveal hidden contents

SOL:

KY:

SIN:
Flirts around with Ram.

PARADIGM:

LEO:

SLAYER:

ZATO:

MILLIA:

VENOM:

FAUST:

ZAPPA:

ROBO-KY:

HAEHYUN:

MAY:

BAIKEN:

RAM:
Cute stuff
Did she survive?

ELPHELT:

BEDMAN:

JACK-O' & RAVEN:

AXL:

I-NO:
Counseling for Axl.

CHIPP:
Comedy conversations with his underling.
Notices Universal Will's true identity

THAT MAN:
Trapped until the very last moments of Story.
Very soon he will reveat the truth of his past.

ARIELS:
A very childish nature and talkative. Crazy good smile. Leaves a very strong impression.

CHRONOS:
Disables the Felion that had trapped "That Man".

THE ENDING
Story Mode ends here.

EDIT: Few characters Story details added.

I don't really want to see the spoilers, but I'm kinda curious. Does Potemkin appear for more than an irrelevant scene this time?

3 minutes ago, Volt said:

I don't really want to see the spoilers, but I'm kinda curious. Does Potemkin appear for more than an irrelevant scene this time?

He's seen fighting alongside Chipp in the Story Trailer. Won't say against who, though.

Doesn't this mean that they can just add more character via DLC and then just add their storyline in the future without having to buy a new game over and over again? If it means that I consider it a good thing. It won't stop people from complaining though because people find a way to complain about everything.

Daisuke could release all of the new and old characters in the game and people will still complain that it's not 2D or "I wish I had a catman instead."

Just finished the story mode, took about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Yeah, it had no ending, it just ended. Funny that the first line(edit: okay, checked, not the first but very early in it) in a trailer was the last line in the story. Nothing got resolved, only foreshadowing.
I would be more pissed if they didn't say that there would be more for free.

Spoiler

The third King

9hM9HyP.png

Robo-Ky

5MvR6pV.png

CqeoIjs.png

Baiken

ObPof2N.png

X6qKxss.png

And also, no Potemkin in the story at all.