Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

2 hours and 20 minutes is still a decent amount of time. As long as it's not filled with shitty stuff like Sign's episode with Sin and Elphelt trying to make Ram smile (gawd that part bored me to no end and it lasted too long), I'm okay with it.

47 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Just finished the story mode, took about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Yeah, it had no ending, it just ended. Funny that the first line in a trailer was the last line in the story. Nothing got resolved, only foreshadowing.
I would be more pissed if they didn't say that there would be more for free.

Reveal hidden contents

More or less same for me 2 hours and 30 minutes, never touched the pad to speed up or skip text. Loved it but really?, where is the rest?, they should have come clean about this from the beginning and the cliffhanger is pretty stupid

Ram dead?, sure.

I really like it but is like watching a movie you like and someone stop it and tell you to come back next month to watch the rest, here is worst because is going to take months to get the rest.

-Really liked the SIGN recap, very stylish with the windows and the text.

-New characters: Zappa: Not sure what to think about Zappa's personality, I guess I'm not used to watch him in "normal behavior" for so long, that moment with S-Ko behind him was pretty cool. Robo-Ky: Something is off about his head design and personality-wise I expected something a little more crazy but I love the fact they put him in the story. Baiken: Love her design but her breasts look ridiculous, like frikin' missiles.

-Ariels personality a total surprise, she is nuts.

-Slayer vs Bedman, great but short fight, Bedman cutting Slayers arm... :vbang:

-Really like the conversation between Raven and Jack, very friendly. For a moment I thought Raven was going to heal Jack but he put a bandage on her.

-The part with Sol and his bike, pretty cool.

-The revelation of the "true nature" of the Japanese race also unexpected.

-Falange9, I think that's the name of Ariels soldiers, very good design, I hope we see a real fight with them.

-Another surprise is how much screen time Zappa has.

8 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

I really like it but is like watching a movie you like and someone stop it and tell you to come back next month to watch the rest, here is worst because is going to take months to get the rest.

Reveal hidden contents

-Really liked the SIGN recap, very stylish with the windows and the text.

-New characters: Zappa: Not sure what to think about Zappa's personality, I guess I'm not used to watch him in "normal behavior" for so long, that moment with S-Ko behind him was pretty cool. Robo-Ky: Something is off about his head design and personality-wise I expected something a little more crazy but I love the fact they put him in the story. Baiken: Love her design but her breasts look ridiculous, like frikin' missiles.

-Ariels personality a total surprise, she is nuts.

-Slayer vs Bedman, great but short fight, Bedman cutting Slayers arm... :vbang:

-Really like the conversation between Raven and Jack, very friendly. For a moment I thought Raven was going to heal Jack but he put a bandage on her.

-The part with Sol and his bike, pretty cool.

-The revelation of the "true nature" of the Japanese race also unexpected.

-Falange9, I think that's the name of Ariels soldiers, very good design, I hope we see a real fight with them.

-Another surprise is how much screen time Zappa has.

Spoiler

Ariels scare me. I expected her to be more calm and calculating, but that... Good god.

tsNRFmY.png
Chipp was right, she really hates human. Call them human and she will immediately tell you to call them dolls.
I really agree with Elphelt, that is a devil.

And aw, I really liked Raven's smile. I don't really know how to explain it, awkward?

G0tYY22.png

And yeah, Japanese "bombs". How nice.

Man, the revelations that are happening lately, I'm surprised, but yeah, a short story...? I heard it'll be extended later, but c'mon, all this time and to not have an extensive story similar to -Sign-? Its not like I would say lazyness, but hey, there's more to expect later.

Also sad :POT:doesn't get any screen time in Revelators' Story (for the first part), I guess his episode mode really had only one point of it all, his resolve. But maybe he'll show up later in the continued story regardless, along with the rest of the cast. And maybe some surprises.

I am hoping ASW is teasing us and telling us in secret "pssst! hey! expect some of these story mode guys as DLC later!"

For a game with 'Revelator' in its title, you wouldn't have expected a short story with a cliffhanger to boot.

2 minutes ago, Rotlung said:

For a game with 'Revelator' in its title, you wouldn't have expected a short story with a cliffhanger to boot.

And the best part about it:

Spoiler

It ends with what seems to be that the Gear Maker will give a big info dump.
"The time has come. The time to talk about the truth of everything"

7vZGSdM.png

He was in the Story Mode trailer, so he'll still show up in the Story DLC.

Spoiler

He's seen fighting alongside Chipp against what appears to be an enhanced OPUS Unit.

I'm also loving Baiken's new design and I'm surprised at how serene she seems in those screenshots.  I suppose her AC+Ending where she gave up her path of vengeance may have happened, after all. 

8 minutes ago, Solhunter said:

He was in the Story Mode trailer, so he'll still show up in the Story DLC.

Reveal hidden contents

He's seen fighting alongside Chipp against what appears to be an enhanced OPUS Unit.

I'm also loving Baiken's new design and I'm surprised at how serene she seems in those screenshots.  I suppose her AC+Ending where she gave up her path of vengeance may have happened, after all. 

Spoiler

It's not an OPUS, it's a member of Phalanx(I think) 9, Ariels' most loyal soldiers that she has been tampering "a little".

1AJbnix.png

vFPGUZn.png

Baiken always had huge rocket boobs so I'm confused on why it is a shock now. It's just transitioned into 2.5D lol. My only disappointment is that Robo Ky doesn't look like Ky and there is no "Robo Ky tries to overthrow Ky's kingdom when he is gone and succeeds with Sin/Dizzy playing along," plot point.

So far the game looks great.

No shota boy though

Story mode is way too short, 2 hours and 30 minutes give or take is nothing to quench my thirst for the continuation of Sign. I feel like yelling out a scream like Sol did at the end of that awesome story trailer :v:

The only flip side is that the DLC story is free, but I sure hope I don't have to wait between months for new updates.

1 minute ago, BladeOfJustice7 said:

What do you mean by the DLC story is free?

Exactly that. Eventually more DLC "episodes" (or if you prefer: "chapters") will be released for Revelator at a later date and it'll be free to download. I imagine people would be utterly furious to learn that not only is Revelator's story barely over 2 hours long but then had to shell out more cash for next story bits.

7 hours ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:

I am hoping ASW is teasing us and telling us in secret "pssst! hey! expect some of these story mode guys as DLC later!"

Yeah, I remember when Johnny and Dizzy were DLC in vanilla Xrd.

To be fair, the fact that they're delivering Story mode in such a nonsensical way could bode well for legitimate DLC characters, sort of like how Continuum Shift worked out.

1 hour ago, Poultrygeist said:

Yeah, I remember when Johnny and Dizzy were DLC in vanilla Xrd.

They haven't made a GG game since Overture give them a break.

Is it a new VA for Baiken? Or is it her voice from Accent Core/+R? or maybe her old (and awesome) X2/#R/Slash voice.

11 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Or is it her voice from Accent Core/+R? or maybe her old (and awesome) X2/#R/Slash voice.

But . . . Chizu Yonemoto has voiced Baiken throughout the entirety of the XX series :v:

There were actually very few role changes in AC, there were however newly recorded lines with different recording setups, which is why so many characters sounded strange/new but actually weren't lol

19 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Is it a new VA for Baiken? Or is it her voice from Accent Core/+R? or maybe her old (and awesome) X2/#R/Slash voice.

New it looks like. Asano Mayumi is Baiken's voice actor in Revelator.

Spoiler

DgRuC6U.png

3 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

New it looks like. Asano Mayumi is Baiken's voice actor in Revelator.

Ahh I see, thanks bro. 

9 minutes ago, SolxBaiken said:

But . . . Chizu Yonemoto has voiced Baiken throughout the entirety of the XX series :v:

There were actually very few role changes in AC, there were however newly recorded lines with different recording setups, which is why so many characters sounded strange/new but actually weren't lol

I dunno bro, maybe the wiki's of the past have lied to me but I'm pretty sure she's had a different VA from XX to ^Core...