Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Ah, yeah Miho Sudou was in the XX series pre-AC, I just remember her from X, though shouldn't be surprised since they just recycled clips for the longest time.

Still, I really like and will miss Yonemoto.

11 hours ago, SolxBaiken said:

But . . . Chizu Yonemoto has voiced Baiken throughout the entirety of the XX series :v:

There were actually very few role changes in AC, there were however newly recorded lines with different recording setups, which is why so many characters sounded strange/new but actually weren't lol

Nope, Baiken's voice is different. When GGAC was announced back in the day, ASW, stated clearly that Bridget, Venom and Baiken were getting new voices.

Miho Sudou's Baiken sounds shitloads different compared to Yonemoto's.

EDIT: ninja'd lol

I miss Kantarou's Robo Ky :(

15 hours ago, Zedar90 said:

New it looks like. Asano Mayumi is Baiken's voice actor in Revelator.

Reveal hidden contents

DgRuC6U.png

Spoiler

So Vernon's surname is Colour...

Are there any Sol/Aria flashbacks in the Revelator story mode? I gotta admit those were some of my favorite scenes in Sign.

Another thing

Spoiler

The Third King's translated name is "Darrell", alluding to the late Dimebag Darrell, former member of Pantera and Damageplan. Hope this kinda helps...

I am just curious about his VA tho.

1 hour ago, kylehyde said:

Are there any Sol/Aria flashbacks in the Revelator story mode? I gotta admit those were some of my favorite scenes in Sign.

Spoiler

No, there is no such flashback in Revelator.

7 minutes ago, Pauly-kun said:

Another thing

Hide contents

The Third King's translated name is "Darrell", alluding to the late Dimebag Darrell, former member of Pantera and Damageplan. Hope this kinda helps...

I am just curious about his VA tho.

Spoiler

His Voice actor is Iwasawa Toshiki( and his name is Daryl according to the credits and I compared the voice actor name in both the credits and Library just to be sure).

tuawRQ9.png

1 minute ago, Zedar90 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, there is no such flashback in Revelator.

Hide contents

His Voice actor is Iwasawa Toshiki( and his name is Daryl according to the credits and I compared the voice actor name in both the credits and Library just to be sure).

tuawRQ9.png

Ah, thanks for claryfing, Zedar.

Oh well, guess maybe in some future DLC.

Also I noticed that Sol seems to use some sort of magic to materialize his motorcycle. At least I think that's what he was doing in that story trailer clip. The part where he seems to be falling of a cliff's edge in some sort of avalanche/explosion in the background.

18 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

Also I noticed that Sol seems to use some sort of magic to materialize his motorcycle. At least I think that's what he was doing in that story trailer clip. The part where he seems to be falling of a cliff's edge in some sort of avalanche/explosion in the background.

Spoiler

Yeah, the Bike's name is Fire Wheel Mk.Ⅱ(it's name is taken from a servant he used in GG2), and he is using magic to materialize material that he learned during GG2.
What is seen in that scene is Sol creating a new bike after the one he was currently riding was destroyed.

43 minutes ago, churchblue said:

Is Dizzy in the Story mode (Randy mentioned the the third platoon was lead by a "cute girl". Not sure if it's her.)

Not right now, and I don't believe it's known whether or not she'll be in the update.

6 hours ago, churchblue said:

Is Dizzy in the Story mode (Randy mentioned the the third platoon was lead by a "cute girl". Not sure if it's her.)

Spoiler

No, she is not in it at all.
And if you mean what Randy said in the beginning in Finland, he is talking about the contacting person/counter, in other words, Alexis.

awypDUel.png

1 hour ago, Zedar90 said:

More story have been released through an update now

KPUyuGM.png

I'm pleasantly surprised that they updated story mode rather quickly, but if the story is already at 50% then that means it's just about 4 hours long. Dont know how I feel about that, guess I got a little spoiled by Blazblue.

And finished with the rest. Now that was a conclusion. Still ends with a to be continued, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Revelator.

Spoiler

So only Ariels and Bedman seemed to have died. Ram seemed to have been saved by Raven. Bedman seems like he is going to be replaced by his sister in the next game(the text box says girl).

ybfNtCO.png

And, now Aria have been revived.

9H7bhkv.png

And, Dizzy appeared this time at least.

AUdBfFe.png

Seemed like Venom and Robo-Ky died, but it looks like they will be back.

4aJNl3w.png

And, now for the biggest spoiler, should not see it perhaps.

Spoiler

Now what remains, the battle between Frederick and Asuka R Kreutz(?).

yTYiAPg.png

Kudos to ASW for uploading the rest of the story in one patch and not dragging it forever. Looking forward to revisit the whole thing again in english and read the library entries.

Completed too, love it but I expected more....

Dizzy. The revelation of That Man identity was very shocking. Chapter 7 was frikin' epic with Gabriel and The Assassins Guild fighting together, plus Ariels craziness, she is like The Joker 2.0.

Oh, and my favorite comedy scene in the game.

Spoiler

Sin: I've been wondering about this since before...
Could Old man pheraps be mother's ol...
Sol: Sin!!
That... topic... stop with it... for now...
Ky: About what?
Jack-'O: If it's about that, I know the mos...
Sol: Jack-'O!!!!
I told you to stop with it.
Okay, from no, no one should think about it.
Sin: Why?
Sol: That's!
That's because it's peace.
It's before the final battle. I don't want to feel hazy. I'm not wrong.
Ky: Wait. Hm... I, I see, about that... Dizzy is Justice daughter, in other words...
No, it can't be... Could it be, Sol is my fathe...
Sol: Kyyyyy!!!!!!!
Sol & Ky: GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

fQdbyNb.png