Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Spoiler

So That Man looks like a Yokai?! And his name might invoke being Japanese-German but that's kinda meaningless imo.

Hmmm so wait.

Spoiler

That pic of Aria looks an awful lot like Jack-O, are they the same person or is Jack-O still a separate entity?

Spoiler

And I have so many questions about Sol being Dizzy's father. Like for starters...How is that possible?

7 minutes ago, kylehyde said:

Hmmm so wait.

Reveal hidden contents

That pic of Aria looks an awful lot like Jack-O, are they the same person or is Jack-O still a separate entity?

Reveal hidden contents

And I have so many questions about Sol being Dizzy's father. Like for starters...How is that possible?

Spoiler

Jack-O' merged with Justice, and later transformed Justice into Aria. So no, Jack-O' doesn't exist separately anymore, she is a part of Aria. She was first a naked Jack-O', but then the halo disappeared and the hair turned completely red.

As for the second, never gone into detail. Only that Sol doesn't want to talk about it.

2 minutes ago, kylehyde said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I see, and may I ask what became of Elphelt?

Spoiler

She got kicked out of Justice and had a family hug with Ram.

oWnaoTp.png

23 minutes ago, Tsuki Garyuu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The only practical guess I can think of is that Aria was pregnant before becoming Justice, and with her becoming a Gear, so too did Dizzy.

Spoiler

Trying to think up of a theory, this is how it could have happened based on what Asuka told Sol.
Asuka wanted Aria to go through cold sleep, but he wasn't able to convince her since she wanted to be with Frederick, but he was finally able to convince her to go through it by making Frederick into an immortal existence and insured her that Frederick would be there when she awakens. So Asuka makes Frederick into a gear and then cold sleeps Aria, and she could perhaps at that point in time have been pregnant with a child.
And as years go when it finally time to make Aria into Justice, the child is there in her until Dizzy is born.

7 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:
  Hide contents

Trying to think up of a theory, this is how it could have happened based on what Asuka told Sol.
Asuka wanted Aria to go through cold sleep, but he wasn't able to convince her since she wanted to be with Frederick, but he was finally able to convince her to go through it by making Frederick into an immortal existence and insured her that Frederick would be there when she awakens. So Asuka makes Frederick into a gear and then cold sleeps Aria, and she could perhaps at that point in time have been pregnant with a child.
And as years go when it finally time to make Aria into Justice, the child is there in her until Dizzy is born.

Spoiler

Do we have any explanation why Asuka made Aria into Justice? Was it so she could also be immortal like Sol?

Wasnt Justice around for many years before Dizzy was born though? Or am I mistaken.

6 minutes ago, kylehyde said:
  Hide contents

Do we have any explanation why Asuka made Aria into Justice? Was it so she could also be immortal like Sol?

Wasnt Justice around for many years before Dizzy was born though? Or am I mistaken.

Spoiler

To save her from her illness. The purpose why Justice could control other gears was to make gears useless, so they couldn't be used in war, just order them to not be part of the war. He couldn't stop gear from being weaponized by the military, so he became part of it instead.

Yes, it was a long time, but the problem it solves is how Sol's DNA could be inside justice child. It's unknown how Aria's change could impact her pregnancy. It's not like I would expect Justice to have the same time for the birth of a child as a regular human.

Spoiler

True, guess I was a bit confused because I don't think it took Dizzy that long to have Sin. But then again Dizzy seems more human than Justice.

Spoiler

There is still the issue regarding when Justice gave birth to Dizzy.  She was sealed away by Sol, Ky and the Sacred Order while Dizzy was still apparently an egg, which didn't hatch until two years later.  Whereas Dizzy's pregnancy with Sin only lasted five months.

There's also the mystery regarding Justice's memories since she apparently didn't remember or even recognize Sol until her deathbed, yet she clearly retained Aria's memories by the time of her activation test.

So, there are still a lot of questions regarding Dizzy's birth, as well as Justice and Aria.

So can you give a full summary in a nutshell? Like what was Ariels? what was the others had been doing? Also how can Jack fuse with Justice to turn her back into Aria?

2 hours ago, Zedar90 said:

And finished with the rest. Now that was a conclusion. Still ends with a to be continued, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Revelator.

Reveal hidden contents

So only Ariels and Bedman seemed to have died. Ram seemed to have been saved by Raven. Bedman seems like he is going to be replaced by his sister in the next game(the text box says girl).

ybfNtCO.png

And, now Aria have been revived.

9H7bhkv.png

And, Dizzy appeared this time at least.

AUdBfFe.png

Seemed like Venom and Robo-Ky died, but it looks like they will be back.

4aJNl3w.png

And, now for the biggest spoiler, should not see it perhaps.

Reveal hidden contents

Now what remains, the battle between Frederick and Asuka R Kreutz(?).

yTYiAPg.png

Asuka R. Kreuz is what I'm gonna go with until the official English turns up, since Kreuz seems to be far more common. Kreuz means "cross," incidentally, which certainly ties in with his motif.

Was the Library updated along with the story update, by any chance?

1 minute ago, Toxin45 said:

So can you give a full summary in a nutshell? Like what was Ariels? what was the others had been doing? Also how can Jack fuse with Justice to turn her back into Aria?

Spoiler

Ariels/Universal Will: A "robot" created by the original man for the sake of finding unwavering happiness for humanity, and also for that reason not to hurt humanity. It started to think of what it means for something to be a human, and comes to the conclusion that "humans" have yet to exist in this world, that there are only dolls. So it started to go for the goal of creating true humanity.
The original man tried to talk the robot out of it's ideas, but he never returned. So after that, two of the original man's disciple, Asuka and Chronus, took over that mission but through different methods. Chronus tried to make Humanity grow, and Asuka tries to keep the civilization's culture at a certain level.

As for the others, most are only fighting giant gears and Phalanx in the middle of the city. Too much happing to give a summary. At most one could say that Banken and May fights to protect Haehyun, Venom and Robo-Ky fights Bedman, and Sol, Ky, Sin, Jack-O' and Johnny(only pilots an ship) flies off to fight Ariels and save Elphelt. Paradigm, Zappa and Asuka is at one of Asuka's old facility so they can provide the energy needed for the merge of Jack-O' and Justice. The rest is in the city fighting.
I-NO never appears(only in the epilogue) and Raven appears with Lambda during the climax with Ariels.
Axl comes and saves Sol(something like stopping time) to give Sol the time needed for the extra energy that is needed for Jack-O' to force Aria to become human again since she refuse to do that due to her memories from the activation test.

As for Jack-O' able to turn Justice back to Aria, Jack-O' is half of Aria, she is supposed to a "restoration unit" for Aria, or something like that.

1 hour ago, Suzaku said:

Hide contents

Asuka R. Kreuz is what I'm gonna go with until the official English turns up, since Kreuz seems to be far more common. Kreuz means "cross," incidentally, which certainly ties in with his motif.

Was the Library updated along with the story update, by any chance?

It seems like there are some updates in it, but I never read through it so I don't really know the specifics, but I see some new things in it.

Spoiler

Like Izuna is there now since he was name dropped in the second half once. But noting about Asuka's name isn't there.

edit: Here is some wonderful face expression when talking about the Kiske family:

Spoiler

avFhluT.png

fPQKByf.png

siimKYO.png

c5XmTb4.png

t64TPDw.png

eQnRAnT.png

62YG5Z5.png

eoGZDjd.png

ykSNMdY.png

YxWvjN6.png

This is kind of random but still relevant: Was the ball-and-chain connected to Jack-O's shackle ever confirmed to be a Lucifero at some point in the story, or...?

Just now, Kyosuke Kagami said:
  Hide contents

The Sol being Ky's dad part makes no sense lol

Spoiler

He is about to say Father-in-Law お義父さん(Otousan), it's cut mid sentence but you can hear him say otou. It's what people calls there wife's father.

Did Sin use his Gear powers in the story? I'm glad Dizzy didn't sit out in the final battle. I wonder if she pulled another amazing thing like in SiGNS.

Also, it is super obvious that Sin likes Ram. Looking forward in seeing the other half of the story subbed. Especially chapter 7.

28 minutes ago, churchblue said:

Did Sin use his Gear powers in the story? I'm glad Dizzy didn't sit out in the final battle. I wonder if she pulled another amazing thing like in SiGNS.

He did, when Ariels brought up how she was able to discard Ram.

Dizzy just did the same thing she did in Sign; blast a huge ray (still not sure if it's Gamma Ray), this time at a gear.

Spoiler

So with Aria's revival does that destroy all chances for SolxElphelt? Unless they'll play the one sided love on El's part in the future.