Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Spoiler

Waw, so Miss Ariels/UW was a bot? Nice twist Ishiwatari.

Excited to see the thing in English... a lot of later. ;w;

Spoiler

Now that Sol knows why That Man turned him into a gear, does he still want to get revenge on him? I mean, he did it to save Aria's life since she wouldn't have gone into cold sleep had it not been for the promise that Frederick would still be there. Unless I'm still missing some bits and pieces that I'm not aware of. Plus, That Man seemed like a good guy so far, has he turned up with some evil plot to replace the now dead Ariels?

28 minutes ago, kylehyde said:
  Hide contents

Now that Sol knows why That Man turned him into a gear, does he still want to get revenge on him? I mean, he did it to save Aria's life since she wouldn't have gone into cold sleep had it not been for the promise that Frederick would still be there. Unless I'm still missing some bits and pieces that I'm not aware of. Plus, That Man seemed like a good guy so far, has he turned up with some evil plot to replace the now dead Ariels?

To justify there being sequels.

It basically comes down to both of them feeling they just need to finally settle things between them now that Ariels has been dealt with.

2 hours ago, kylehyde said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

That Man picks a fight with Sol, that is it. There is no evil plan or anything like that, it's just to settle their score. However, it seems like I-no might be planning something based on her smile she has in the very end.

10 hours ago, Zedar90 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That Man picks a fight with Sol, that is it. There is no evil plan or anything like that, it's just to settle their score. However, it seems like I-no might be planning something based on her smile she has in the very end.

Spoiler

inb4 I-no is planning on bringing Order Sol from another past again

Spoiler

Well I-No did mention something about Sol's seed. I got no idea what she means by that, but I'm really curious. And the revelation of what she truly is might make her a loose cannon that even Asuka might not be able to control. Not that she never did stuff on her own, but now even That Man may not hold any sway over her from this point on.

I'm a little bummed that Jack-O and Bedman are gone. Especially Jack-O, unless she and Aria can somehow switch between personalities, which I doubt. 

Spoiler

They can just put Aria in next game and give her Jack-O moves. And well, isn't it supposed that Bedman may be replaced by his sister? I mean, they would have to remove him and put her sis in the bed insrtead.

12 minutes ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They can just put Aria in next game and give her Jack-O moves. And well, isn't it supposed that Bedman may be replaced by his sister? I mean, they would have to remove him and put her sis in the bed insrtead.

Spoiler

Yeah man, of course they can, and I don't think anybody doubts they will keep both characters around gameplay-wise (see Kliff/Justice/Eddie), but that is not the point.

You don't just bond with the playstyle, you also bond with the character itself. Having them replaced isn't a nice trade-off. I'm sure you know what I mean.

About Bedman's death. Are there any details? That screenshot of his corpse is horrifying.

20 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:
  Hide contents

About Bedman's death. Are there any details? That screenshot of his corpse is horrifying.

Spoiler

Venom outwits Bedman is battle, Robo-Ky creates a chance and Venom burns out his life force to use an attack "Tera Machina System".  
Bedman is defeated and Ariels arrives to the scene. Bedman says he's no longer of assist to Ariels and intends to use rest of his life force to resurrect the victims. Ariels says Bedman has done well... and outright blurts how great pawn Bedman was for her. Ariels tells she hates human and that they are unnecessary in her "Absolute World". Bedman yells "You betrayed me!" and creates a small-scale Absolute World on his own where he denies all of Ariels' attacks. However, he runs out of life and turns to stone during the process... Ariels teleports from the scene without saying a word.

1 hour ago, Kyosuke Kagami said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

It would be kind of odd having Aria do any of Jack-O's moves, especially since they mostly involve that ball and chain. 

1 hour ago, kylehyde said:
  Hide contents

Well I-No did mention something about Sol's seed.

Spoiler

Sol's seed she is talking about is a seed called "Flame of Corruption", a seed that the Original Man sealed Adam into in order to prevent the absolute world from ever happening again. There is also one more seed, Scales of Juno, in which Eve was sealed into.

As for what Adam and Eve is, I don't really get it. Something about two things that doesn't have a will and intelligence that appears and disappears, but if both appears in the same time the world and the Backyard temporary merges and causes an extinction.

16 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:
  Hide contents

As for what Adam and Eve is, I don't really get it.

Yeah, this whole concept was really confusing.

Spoiler

But... The explanation kind of ended half-way there... Paradigm said "Oh! That would make the seeds the origin of Gear cells..." but I didn't really get that either. Did he mean that Gear cells have fragments of both "Flame" and the "Scales" within them, making it so that they have constant access to the Backyard's power...? And that still didn't explain what exactly the "Flame of Corruption" is... The Episode Mode stuff with Jack-O' and Raven suggested that Sol fights with the Flame of Corruption and stuff like that... Well, I guess that will be the theme of the next game and final battle with Asuka.

On 5/30/2016 at 7:05 AM, churchblue said:

How many chapters? 12?

Also someone was doing the story mode on YouTube, but it got pulled. This sucks.

i wish someone wouldve uploaded it on facebook video or something , i cant read all this moonrune to understand ze story :/

3 hours ago, churchblue said:

How did Sol killed Ariels? Did he have help?

I haven't seen anything after Chapter 6.

Spoiler

They shot a big energy beam to give Justice the energy to make the merge between Justice and Jack-O' possible. So Sol stood in a position that would make Ariels stand in it's line of fire.
When the beam came, Ariels tried to guard from it but Sol punched her in the stomach, and after that Sol stepped away and Ariels got sent flying towards Justice and got crushed between the beam and Justice.

V8Lfo16.png

T7HLmw0.png

TGX6frv.png

19 hours ago, kylehyde said:
  Hide contents

It would be kind of odd having Aria do any of Jack-O's moves, especially since they mostly involve that ball and chain. 

I think it would make more sense for Aria to be the way they handle playable Justice in Xrd. Like her intro is her transforming into Justice. Don't know how they'd handle Jack-O', but there being even more Valentines wouldn't exactly be weird.

36 minutes ago, Suzaku said:

Hide contents

I think it would make more sense for Aria to be the way they handle playable Justice in Xrd. Like her intro is her transforming into Justice. Don't know how they'd handle Jack-O', but there being even more Valentines wouldn't exactly be weird.

Spoiler

This makes me wonder if Aria is still considered a gear. And does she need a device like Sol's to keep her in her human form from now on.

4 hours ago, GunBlazer said:

This is too much to take...

Hence the title "Revelator".

1 hour ago, Pauly-kun said:

Hence the title "Revelator".

Si, pero no creí que fuera tan literal D:

I'm surprised that Dizzy came out of the castle in the open and fired that Gear. I wonder how the people reacted when they saw her. The battle was very one sided as Dizzy IS the daughter of Justice. Looking forward in seeing that cutscene. I wonder what made her come out. I bet Ariels was really annoyed of her presence.